Allure - DECK 6 - Ocean View Balcony Question, Please Help

Hi.

I'm ready to book an Ocean View Balcony on the Allure for a January cruise.

Category D3 or D4.

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like it may be great to be on Deck 6.

Have a bunch of activity right outside my door, but once I go in my cabin, I have an

ocean view.

For those that have booked on Deck 6, did you like this "set up"?

Would Deck 8 with Central Park on same deck be better?

Thank you.

Edited by js

Just got off the Allure and had cabin 6678. GREAT location. Close to elevators and stairs. Come out of the cabin, walk a short way, turn into the elevator lobby and turn left again and you are on the Boardwalk. Never heard any noise from there. Schooner Bar is right across the ship on the same deck, one deck down the the promenade, two decks up to Central Park.

Didn't much care for the Allure over all (I guess I am a true Radiance class fan), but loved the location of the cabin.

Edited by emilygrace

Just got off the Allure and had cabin 6678. GREAT location. Close to elevators and stairs. Come out of the cabin, walk a short way, turn into the elevator lobby and turn left again and you are on the Boardwalk. Never heard any noise from there. Schooner Bar is right across the ship on the same deck, one deck down the the promenade, two decks up to Central Park.

Didn't much care for the Allure over all (I guess I am a true Radiance class fan), but loved the location of the cabin.

Thank you for taking the time to help and answer me.

I wonder if I should look at Deck 8 too with Central Park outside my door instead of Boardwalk? I'm not going with dh, just my mom and my dd-22 and it seems more out speed with the restaurants and bars.

Sorry you didn't care too much for the Allure. I love the big ships.

Edited by js

Thank you for taking the time to help and answer me.

I wonder if I should look at Deck 8 too with Central Park outside my door instead of Boardwalk? I'm not going with dh, just my mom and my dd-22 and it seems more out speed with the restaurants and bars.

Sorry you didn't care too much for the Allure. I love the big ships.

Depending on the specific locations...a Deck 6 ocean balcony might have more of a view of the lifeboat directly below on Deck 5 than anything else.

There's a reason why balconies on Decks 8 and above generally cost more...they have more desirability for just the things you seek.

Even Deck 8 is a short stair walk to Central Park level...so there's beneficial access from that standpoint. We also practice what we preach...we had a SUperior Deck 9 Balcony on Oasis and again now on Deck 9 on Allure upcoming. The higher decks have a nicer view in our opinion, but you should do what is best for your preferences.

Depending on the specific locations...a Deck 6 ocean balcony might have more of a view of the lifeboat directly below on Deck 5 than anything else.

There's a reason why balconies on Decks 8 and above generally cost more...they have more desirability for just the things you seek.

Even Deck 8 is a short stair walk to Central Park level...so there's beneficial access from that standpoint. We also practice what we preach...we had a SUperior Deck 9 Balcony on Oasis and again now on Deck 9 on Allure upcoming. The higher decks have a nicer view in our opinion, but you should do what is best for your preferences.

Thank you.

I thought Deck 8 was Central Park. Is that not correct?

I wasn't aware that the life boats are on Deck 5 and don't want to see those if looking down so thank you.

Thank you.

I thought Deck 8 was Central Park. Is that not correct?

I wasn't aware that the life boats are on Deck 5 and don't want to see those if looking down so thank you.

Yes...Deck 8 has Central Park. For those of us on Deck 9...we have only 1 flight of steps to get there.

The lifeboats are anchored on Deck 5.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

As I said, we were on deck 6, but we lucked out and had a cabin in the spot that didn't have a lifeboat below us. I was surprised until I got off the ship and looked at the approximate location of our cabin and saw that it was the one spot along the side that did not have a lifeboat.

Don't get me wrong, the Allure is an amazing ship. It just wasn't for me. I like being able to see the ocean from more places on the ship than my balcony.

We've been on both Deck 6 (6662) and Deck 8 (8664).

We were very happy with both locations. I'd have to flip a coin to pick one over the other again.

In the morning Deck 6 was close to coffee in Café Promenade and the Boardwalk. Deck 8 was close to coffee and a more substantial breakfast we could take back to the cabin in Park Café.

In the evenings both were close to nightlife without having to take an elevator.

No noise in either location.

One thing you want to consider is that rain is a factor in Central Park if, for instance, you have to walk through to get to your cabin from the further elevator bank. Umbrellas are provided at either end so you won't get wet.

Enjoy!

We've been on both Deck 6 (6662) and Deck 8 (8664).

We were very happy with both locations. I'd have to flip a coin to pick one over the other again.

In the morning Deck 6 was close to coffee in Café Promenade and the Boardwalk. Deck 8 was close to coffee and a more substantial breakfast we could take back to the cabin in Park Café.

In the evenings both were close to nightlife without having to take an elevator.

No noise in either location.

One thing you want to consider is that rain is a factor in Central Park if, for instance, you have to walk through to get to your cabin from the further elevator bank. Umbrellas are provided at either end so you won't get wet.

Enjoy!

Thank you for your post. If it were raining and I was on Deck 8, could I just walk through the cabin corridors from one side to another? With three generations of adult cruisers together (my mom-70, my dd-21 and myself-48) I think in the evenings we would end up on Deck 8 or at least start off there for dinners.

We were on deck 6 in a D2 in cabin 6198 on the hump. Thought this was a great location. Close to Café Promenade to grab a quick coffee in the morning, walk out to the Boardwalk, or up a couple decks to Central Park.

No noise, and we would stay there again. Below is a photo looking aft. Can't see much of the lifeboats below from here, but our balcony is further out.

17191834319_32390e0f05_c.jpg

Like emilygrace, we were in cabin 6678 but on the Oasis which I believe is exactly the same.

I had chosen a deck 6 oceanview balcony cabin because I wanted to be nearer the water. It was very near the aft elevator lobby. Boardwalk was just to the aft and the lobby overlooked the Royal Promenade one deck down. I loved this location! Got to see/do many unplanned things simply because we were in the right place at the right time!

Cabin 6678 can actually hold 4 (or maybe 5) but was great for the 3 of us. Our DGS used the Pullman over the sofa so we could leave the sofa bed closed at night, giving us more room and making it easy to get to the balcony where I enjoyed a glass of wine in peaceful solitude before retreating for the night. If your DD is agile, I think the Pullman would be more comfortable than the sofa bed.

stateroom1.jpgstateroom2.jpg

(Pullman bed made up with head at wrong end first night)

While not a big deal on higher decks, it also was above the opening in the lifeboats so I could see straight down and watch the Kelvin wake patterns once we were underway.

lifeboats-forward.jpglifeboats-aft.jpg

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

Thank you all VERY much!

I ended up not booking the D3/D4 and booked a B1 LOL

Two cabins in from the aft on Deck 9.

I was trying to keep costs about the same as I had on the Navigator (6 nights) since I received an e-mail on Sunday from United that they canceled my 1:30 pm flight home in February from our Navigator cruise. They booked us on a 5 pm flight. No way! Not waiting that long for our flight and the only flights that day were early in the morning, none in afternoon and then beginning at 5:00 pm.

I had the bright idea of changing our flight to the following day, there were early afternoons available and then decided to find a longer cruise LOL So we canceled Navigator and booked Allure! SO EXCITED!

The cruise is January 31 so maybe he prices will go down and I'll be able to upgrade us to an ocean view balcony (we only sail in balcony or suites). I'll keep watching since don't think January 31 is super prime for the cruise lines and see if anything opens up price wise. If not, I'm very happy where we are located.

Thank you all VERY much!

I ended up not booking the D3/D4 and booked a B1 LOL

Two cabins in from the aft on Deck 9.

Nice location. You should have good views of the Aqua theater, big screen and Boardwalk, as well as some ocean view. Bummer about the flight but glad you worked it out. Have a great cruise!

~ Judy

Thank you for your post. If it were raining and I was on Deck 8, could I just walk through the cabin corridors from one side to another?

Yes. You absolutely can walk through the corridor on either side. :)

Nice location. You should have good views of the Aqua theater, big screen and Boardwalk, as well as some ocean view. Bummer about the flight but glad you worked it out. Have a great cruise!

~ Judy

Thank you Judy! I think it will be good that we can experience it.

Yes. You absolutely can walk through the corridor on either side. :)

Great! I won't need to walk around the ship with an umbrella LOL

• 7 years later...
On 5/5/2015 at 1:00 PM, FloridaPalms said:

Like emilygrace, we were in cabin 6678 but on the Oasis which I believe is exactly the same.

I had chosen a deck 6 oceanview balcony cabin because I wanted to be nearer the water. It was very near the aft elevator lobby. Boardwalk was just to the aft and the lobby overlooked the Royal Promenade one deck down. I loved this location! Got to see/do many unplanned things simply because we were in the right place at the right time!

Cabin 6678 can actually hold 4 (or maybe 5) but was great for the 3 of us. Our DGS used the Pullman over the sofa so we could leave the sofa bed closed at night, giving us more room and making it easy to get to the balcony where I enjoyed a glass of wine in peaceful solitude before retreating for the night. If your DD is agile, I think the Pullman would be more comfortable than the sofa bed.

While not a big deal on higher decks, it also was above the opening in the lifeboats so I could see straight down and watch the Kelvin wake patterns once we were underway.

~ Judy

Would 6680 be ontop of the lifeboat then?

Any idea if the port side (left side) of the boat has the same lifeboat arrangement, i'm choosing between 6680 or 6286 on the other side. hoping to not be above a lifeboat

10 hours ago, ccrl.tst said:

Any idea if the port side (left side) of the boat has the same lifeboat arrangement, i'm choosing between 6680 or 6286 on the other side. hoping to not be above a lifeboat

Welcome to CC.

Not sure what your concerns are but there's no obstruction of the sea view from these cabins - the lifeboats might obstruct very slightly straight down.

14 hours ago, ccrl.tst said:

Would 6680 be ontop of the lifeboat then?

6682 (Couldn't find 6680)