Choose E303/08/12 or a BZ gty on Marina/Lido?

Flo71

I have the option of E303/08/12 or a BZ gty on Marina/Lido deck. Would appreciate opinions on which is the best to choose. I know they are listed as obstructed and the Emerald deck will be life boat obstructed.

Both are same price.

Thanks

I have the option of E303/08/12 or a BZ gty on Marina/Lido deck. Would appreciate opinions on which is the best to choose. I know they are listed as obstructed and the Emerald deck will be life boat obstructed.

Both are same price.

Since they are completely unobstructed, I would book a specific BZ cabin on Marina/Lido deck if one is available and ask for it to be marked will accept upgrade to next type cabin only (meta upgrade).

Since they are completely unobstructed, I would book a specific BZ cabin on Marina/Lido deck if one is available and ask for it to be marked will accept upgrade to next type cabin only (meta upgrade).

I have booked the BZ gty last night and am reading your post this morning with interest, I booked with direct with Princess will they accept my upgrade restriction? Do I phone them to inform them or can I email them with this request?

I assume I should say something like. 'I have booked a BZ GTY cabin and would only accept an upgrade to the next cabin type not a different grade of obstructed balcony.'

Would the next cabin type be unobstructed balcony?

Thank you for your help, Donna.

Did I miss it or did you say what ship? Assume Royal or Regal? If so, we LOVED being on emerald deck. We were in E 322. Superb location if you are inclined to use the stairs for a few flights as you can walk down to the International Cafe, piazza, theaters, etc. also the forward elevators were usually quick and not overly crowded.

I would stay far, far away from any Marina deck cabin under public deck, including the Horizon Court/Bistro. The noise from above is awful, awful, awful. Did I mention it's awful? I don't think there's any insulation or sound-proofing in the ceilings. Even the carpeting didn't muffle the noise from 3:30am onwards, loud enough to wake me up every night.

I would stay far, far away from any Marina deck cabin under public deck, including the Horizon Court/Bistro. The noise from above is awful, awful, awful. Did I mention it's awful? I don't think there's any insulation or sound-proofing in the ceilings. Even the carpeting didn't muffle the noise from 3:30am onwards, loud enough to wake me up every night.

Fortunately, the BZ cabins are only forward on the marina deck, and are under lido deck cabins. Same with DZ that are very forward - too bad the BZ on Marina are being reclassified in April 2016 :mad:

Fortunately, the BZ cabins are only forward on the marina deck, and are under lido deck cabins. Same with DZ that are very forward - too bad the BZ on Marina are being reclassified in April 2016 :mad:

And BZ on Lido deck are also quiet even with the Sanctuary being above them.