Itinerary Question

Nezmo

Hi folks, Princess newbie here.

We're booked on Royal on the 3/13/16 sailing. The current Website and booking info lists the itinerary as:

Sun, 03/13/16 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Mon, 03/14/16 At Sea

Tue, 03/15/16 At Sea

Wed, 03/16/16 St. Kitts, St. Kitts & Nevis

Thu, 03/17/16 Barbados

Fri, 03/18/16 St. Lucia

Sat, 03/19/16 Antigua, Antigua/Barbuda

Sun, 03/20/16 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Mon, 03/21/16 At Sea

Tue, 03/22/16 Princess Cays, Bahamas

Wed, 03/23/16 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

That does not match the graphic shown on the Website. That graphic indicates a different order and one that matches to what's listed in the Princess PDF brochure. That is as follows:

Sun, 03/13/16 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Mon, 03/14/16 At Sea

Tue, 03/15/16 At Sea

Wed, 03/16/16 Antigua, Antigua/Barbuda

Thu, 03/17/16 St. Lucia

Fri, 03/18/16 Barbados

Sat, 03/19/16 St. Kitts/St. Nevis

Sun, 03/20/16 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Mon, 03/21/16 At Sea

Tue, 03/22/16 Princess Cays, Bahamas

Wed, 03/23/16 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

In fact, for our sailing the brochure also states Princess Cays is swapped for Grand Turk and there's a telling little footnote that says port order varies.

It's probably a silly question but I assume the current Web info and what's on my booking is accurate? It just seems odd as the brochure order seems more logical to me. Then again, it says it can vary. And yes, I do know weather can affect ports of calls too. And I realize I can call Princess but I thought some folks in the know here may be able to help.

At the end of the day I'm not too fussed, I am just trying to think ahead on our restaurant bookings and a few other things. Plus, of course if I arrange any private excursions I kinda need to know, lol.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nezmo

Your booking info will be the correct one....the changes will be because of other ships in ports, too, and many places can't take too many ships at the same time.
Thanks. I didn't even think of that. It's been a few years since we cruised and I'm a little rusty.

For your departure date the 2015-16 Cruise Atlas listing has the star for *[Port order may vary] but not the dagger for [Grand Turk replaces Princess Cays]. So the itinerary in your personalizer should be correct; the online diagrams should always be regarded as no more then generic rather than specific. St Kitts only has capacity for three ships at a time, so finding docking space there often jumbles the itinerary. (A few years ago I was there on Star Princess with one other ship in port and the dock area was elbow-to-elbow people, so imagine three mega-ships on the same day)

Edited by fishywood

Many times, there's a difference of order, for various reasons. On our last cruise, just before or after we've booked, two of the ports were switched for the cruise that would be in a few months time. That was apparently to avoid being in Honolulu on Christmas Day (more attractions including Pearl Harbor tours closed). It was switched with the Lahaina stop. I found a place just north of Lahaina that was open on Christmas so it worked out for us. We had never been there before on previous Hawaiian cruises. And there were some stores that were open back in Lahaina.

Sometimes, as someone suggested, it could be because of a large number of ships in the same port at the same time.