When did you find your "style"?

I guess I only just recently found my style. I have always been a jeans and t-shirt kind of person, always choosing comfort over style. Only fairly recently (past year maybe) I have started to dress a little more feminine and with some actual style. I think I dress like my mom now. :o

It is so good & Bad to know someone else has the same problem !?! DH & I have a cruise end Oct./Nov. & if I don't find a bathing suit and some shorts I will be falling out of what I have on hand now. You can't order off Ebay because you can not depend on sizing !?! Where do we go from now ?? Let me know if you fins anywhere & I will let You know the same info. !! ;)

It is so good & Bad to know someone else has the same problem !?! DH & I have a cruise end Oct./Nov. & if I don't find a bathing suit and some shorts I will be falling out of what I have on hand now. You can't order off Ebay because you can not depend on sizing !?! Where do we go from now ?? Let me know if you fins anywhere & I will let You know the same info. !! ;)

Zulily and Amazon are good places to start - Got all three of my bathing suits from Zulily. Just know, that Zulily delivery time is can be long sometimes, super long.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Bealls of FL on line & brick. Lands End. TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
I have a hard time finding clothes for my age group (55). I'm 5'1", 112 lbs (after losing 40 lbs & still losing, & need to stop now, due to health problems) and Petite clothes are hard to find. Always have been regarless of size. The Depatment Stores Petite dept. seems to get smaller every year with merchandise or the clothes to choose from look like my Moms age clothes. :confused:

At age 59 and 5 feet tall I have the same problem. Dresses in petite sizes are particularly hard to find: I have had the best luck at Dillards (they are regional - not sure what states have them) Most Steinmart stores have a small but nice petite department for separates and sportswear. Belk and Macys are hit or miss depending on the particular store.

I am completely clueless about style, what not to wear, what colors are even good for me. If I could get away with it, I'd wear lounge pants or yoga pants 24/7 with a t-shirt or sweater depending whether I'm warm or cold.

I have been a bridesmaid 8 times and would not have chosen any of the styles the brides selected for the bridesmaid gowns. One struggle for me is that I'm chesty and a lot of cute styles don't look good due to that. I am also constantly struggling with my weight, and even when I'm at my "goal" weight I feel I'm too large for cute styles, being a size 12 or sometimes 14 or 10 depending if I'm doing well or poorly with exercising.

This summer just past, I went out on a limb and bought some of those crop length pants in bright colors (two are somewhat skinny, the other is wider), but I have no idea if they are appropriate for me. I hope so, as I intend to take them with me on my Bahamas cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

it will go with Black..... it fits my bod type..ie: length, sleeve fit, waist fit, moves with me...makes me look younger, thinner taller, brighter, en vogue, cool, hip, pretty, swelligant, sharp, dress up or down or middle.....and of course, if I have already designed and made my own "Haute Costume" jewelry to enhance it, a bag and shoes to go with........and wrinkles very little....!!!!!! and oh yes.....mostly under $8.00...I can wear..Chicos 3, a 14, 16, 18, med lg, xl, xxl, my cruise wardrobe is always a joy to choose from..I always recognize the seasons, and dress per each. I never dry clean, but use shampoo in my basin, rinse on a hangar in the shower, drip dry, press if needed..on the wrong side, and not over seams.....pack carefully, and shower steam on ship..but......most ARE..good travel fabrics..but dont mind a quick press on board. I purge about every 2 years. I am 71 3/4y/old with 108 cruises under my life vest...about 650 days at sea.......! Found my styles at a'bout 13 y/o....sewed for myself.....a lover of any animal prints..not evening gowns..2/3 pcs ensemble for sure, 5'7", 10 shoe, 44 bust, just enuff girly parts to fill out the right places......get loads of lovely compliments..especially my makeup.3 tone silver hair W/ waves, lucky to be an old hairdresser.(I still tease n bouff). .gifted w/ great skin, and no wrinkles. Lucky, for sure

Edited by luckycruzer

About a year ago a coworker suggested the "dressing your truth" book and I absolutely love it. I've been using those concepts the last year and I've never felt so comfortable in my wardrobe.

the proper body type dressed acculturately, can shave off 15+ pounds !!!

I have a hard time finding clothes for my age group (55). I'm 5'1", 112 lbs (after losing 40 lbs & still losing, & need to stop now, due to health problems) and Petite clothes are hard to find. Always have been regarless of size. The Depatment Stores Petite dept. seems to get smaller every year with merchandise or the clothes to choose from look like my Moms age clothes. :confused:

I understand your dilemma; I have the same problem. Most stores carry only limited Petite selections in sportswear and have stopped carrying petite dresses completely. I don't understand this, as we petite ladies are a large part of the buying population.