Air new zealand

Anyone flown out on Air New Zealand to LAX on Premium economy seating. Would you recommend it? I believe they were to get a new design has that happened yet? Do the seats have raised leg rests and can you recline to a comfortable position?

Thanks for any answere you might have for me.

Anyone flown out on Air New Zealand to LAX on Premium economy seating. Would you recommend it? I believe they were to get a new design has that happened yet? Do the seats have raised leg rests and can you recline to a comfortable position?

Thanks for any answere you might have for me.

Hi Gull Cruiser.,

i have travelled on the premium economy product, for a flight to the states it was great, the Air New Zealand site has a good video of the seats and the service of course on Air NZ is brilliant. I would recommend it.

Im a bit adverse to travelling further that the 14 hours to the states, i think for the 26 hours odd to europe you would find that it would be uncomfortable as the seats are a bit hard.

The seats dont recline like a normal seat, the whole chair tilts back, both back and the actual seat and you are given a large bean bag for your feet.

Fine for the shorter AKL to LAX as I said, but Im not sure about further afield.

I was lucky enough this week to try the new Dreamliner product for Air New Zealand. The premium biz seats are wonderful, and the premium econ seats are also fantastic. Its interesting that with the new plane they have gone back to the traditional design.

If I were you , I would defiantly give it a try, they are defiantly the best in their class for perm econ.

regards Roscoe

Edited by roscoe39

Yes we flew LAX to Heathrow last year on Air NZ, Boeing 777 - 300 premium economy 'space' seats, very comfortable and good service, better than the same PE product on Qantas anyway.

Edited by NSWP

I'm biased but have flown on Qantas, Cathay and BA and I believe Air NZ Premium Economy seats are good value and strangely enough I find the PE seats more comfortable then the lie flat business seats. John

Edited by kiwijohn