Progression to Elite

Snowbird

We have a cruise booked for this fall, at the completion of which we will reach Elite level. We have another cruise booked which begins only 2 days after the completion of the one during which we reach Elite. Will we receive documentation confirming Elite level before the end of the first cruise, while we're still on board the ship, or does that happen following the end of the cruise? And if confirmation of Elite level occurs after the cruise, will Princess have adequate time to update our loyalty level to Elite by the time we embark for the second cruise? I asked this question of our cruise planner but all he could confirm was that we "should" be eligible for Elite at the end of the first cruise. Thanks in advance.

Have you looked at the Princess cruise Personalizer for your status? It should show your cruise history and the # of credits you have. It should change immediately after your first cruise ends and change to Elite.

In any case once you board the 2nd cruise you can always ask the CC host and she can update if for some reason the system had not done it automatically already.

We have found that it can take up to a week before the cruise changes to completed on the Cruise Personalizer.

Because you get a free mini bar setup once your Elite you might want to speak with the CC of the cruise that you become Elite to see if they can have this all set-up before you board the next cruise.

You should receive proof of your elite status at the end of the first cruise.

It is probable that the records were not updated by the time the cruise cards were printed out for the second cruise.

Just see the Captain's Circle rep at the first opportunity on the second cruise. He/she can update your status in the ship's computer and then the Purser's desk can print out the new cruise cards showing the elite status. The CC rep can then also arrange for the elite benefits for your cabin.

You should receive a letter with your elite pin by the end of the cruise. This does not mean that you can start using the perks...I tried....

The cards are sometimes made up a few days ahead of your next cruise. If that is the case, you can take it to the Captain Circle person on board and he will fix it. He is responsible of lots and lots of perks. He also works a couple of days ahead of the next cruise.

Wasn't it a lot of fun getting to your goal? Now you can work on loyalty credits. 21 credits will get you $25.00 and 31 credits will get you $50. So much to look forward to.

We were on a B2B when we reached Elite, and had to see the Captain's Circle Rep to get our benefits after we boarded. But ours was a B2B moving from one ship to another, so we expected that. Your case will probably be the same, with only 2 days between the two cruises. It's more of a minor nuisance than anything else. You get to meet the CC Rep, and he or she will take care of everything for you. Enjoy your new status!

You can also ask the CC host on your first cruise to email the CC host on the cruise two days later and explain the situation. We had one do this for us when we were moving from one ship to another and she thought we might qualify for top 3 MTP on the new ship (we didn't, but it was nice of her to think of it).

I can definitely confirm that neither myself nor DH were updated in the three days between our qualifying sailings and the next, nor was our loyalty cash. A quick visit with the CC rep got everything fixed.

Edited by VibeGuy

I'd recommend contacting Princess and asking them to link your bookings. I believe they can do so and then you have a better chance of receiving your elusive black Elite cards on the second voyage. :)

Good luck to you and congrats on becoming Elite.

Snowbird...

You will not likely see your second cruise listed as Elite, as you do not actually BECOME Elite until the end of the first cruise. The CC Hostess will certainly be able to update your status. You may want to bring along your cruise documents when you go to see her. It should be very easy (I hope).

Steve

we did a b2b in feb, I turned elite on the first cruise on CB, on the second leg elite status, my booking documents (boarding pass ) showed elite status for the 2nd leg, we had to change cabins.........our elite bar set up was already in the new room. received elite documents for husband before end of second cruise.

I'd ask if you'll have any ability to get "upgraded" boarding passes for the second cruise. One of the perks is a green-border "preferred" boarding pass (instead of the blue-border normal boarding pass), and you probably won't be able to download new ones so close to cruising date (Cruise Personalizer is usually locked five days out).

It saved us a few minutes when we boarded in Vancouver last week, but admittedly not a lot.

Thanks, everyone, for the info. Think we'll just be proactive and visit the CC host during the first cruise; hopefully s/he will be able to make sure the transition to Elite goes smoothly. And Peety3, as current Platinum members, we already get preferred boarding, so that isn't an issue. Again, thanks for all the good info.

I'd ask if you'll have any ability to get "upgraded" boarding passes for the second cruise. One of the perks is a green-border "preferred" boarding pass (instead of the blue-border normal boarding pass), and you probably won't be able to download new ones so close to cruising date (Cruise Personalizer is usually locked five days out).

It saved us a few minutes when we boarded in Vancouver last week, but admittedly not a lot.

They are already Platinum, so they already have the "preferred" boarding passes.

Thanks, everyone, for the info. Think we'll just be proactive and visit the CC host during the first cruise; hopefully s/he will be able to make sure the transition to Elite goes smoothly.

Sounds like a good plan! :D

LuLu