Trip Review: Freedom of the Seas 4/26-5/3/15

Day 6: Cozumel: We still planned to stay on the ship today. Navigator of the Seas followed us into port again. We enjoyed watching her dock next to us from our balcony. We explored the sport deck after breakfast and played a round of mini-golf. It was fun and we were the only ones up there.

Enjoyed another pool day there was no trouble finding chairs since we were in port.

Also, let me just state here the Premium Package for drinks was perfect for us, especially since we were always on board. We are not huge drinkers but do enjoy frozen drinks or beer by the pool and wine in the evening before and with dinner. I would definitely purchase again on my next cruise since drinks are as expensive as they are if purchased without a package.

We went to the Headliner show before dinner. It was a salute to the band ABBA. It was very enjoyable. After dinner there was a Singin' in the Street Party at 10:15pm in the Royal Promenade. It was phone to watch everyone having a great time and the crew staff put on a great show!

When we returned to the cabin we had another invitation to a bridge tour the next day .... this was our lucky cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed being "wowed" by Royal Caribbean.

This picture was taken before dinner in the former Viking Crown Lounge now called Olive or Twist. This is a great place to have pre-dinner drinks and watch the sunset before the second seating dinner.

<a href=031.jpg' alt='031.jpg'>

That is our cheating captain with the red pony tail. They came with a large bag of stuff.

I had fun watching, but you are correct it is not fun if people are going to cheat and bring a bag of stuff with them. I was a little hesitant of putting picture on there, but I guess moderator can take it down if they do not think it is appropriate. It was very funny... these guys just did not care.

Sorry if we missed why?:confused:

Interested in why you didn't want to go ashore?

(Can't get enough of the swimming with the Rays in Grand Cayman, or hitting the beaches in Cozumel with some Mexican beer and their great salsa.:D)

We had decided since we had been to all these ports before, to splurge a little for a grand suite and not have the expense of excursions. We also had purchased the drink packages, therefore staying on board was more economical than shopping at ports and stopping for a few beers and lunch in port.

Dee,

Great review. I have a question, looking at your photo above of the promenade and the bridges above them, would you know if I am staying on the 9th deck can I look down and see the promenade from some point.

Dee,

Great review. I have a question, looking at your photo above of the promenade and the bridges above them, would you know if I am staying on the 9th deck can I look down and see the promenade from some point.

We watched from I believe deck 8 toward the front of the ship. There are several little balconies near the front elevators on each side that passengers were standing on watching from above. Not sure if they are on deck 9, but they might be. Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...
<a href=019_3.jpg' alt='019_3.jpg'>

This is a point I forgot to bring up in my review Allure vs Freedom. The mini golf is superior on Freedom over Allure. (One more point for Freedom) I was also glad to see the course and equipment was well maintained. When I was on Freedom in 2008 it was already run down and falling apart.

We had decided since we had been to all these ports before, to splurge a little for a grand suite and not have the expense of excursions. We also had purchased the drink packages, therefore staying on board was more economical than shopping at ports and stopping for a few beers and lunch in port.

That is a thought I hadn't considered. We may do that sometime. This time around only Fallmouth was new for us.

Were you here playing trivia when the guy got up and tried to get away quickly and fell on his face/:eek:

No, Bill I did not see that happen. We played trivia about four times this cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it. We will definitely try and make it to more trivia activities next cruise.

This is a point I forgot to bring up in my review Allure vs Freedom. The mini golf is superior on Freedom over Allure. (One more point for Freedom) I was also glad to see the course and equipment was well maintained. When I was on Freedom in 2008 it was already run down and falling apart.

Bill, I have not cruised on Allure, but have cruised on Oasis. I to thought the mini golf on Freedom was much better than on Oasis.

Great review! Loved reading it, I'll be boarding the Freedom tomorrow for my very FIRST time! Cannot wait to try out a new ship, it's been awhile.

Mpoole3 I hope you enjoy Freedom as much as we did! I would cruise on her again before going on Oasis again. have fun!

Dee1321,

I am booked in GS 1574, but am concerned about noise from the adjoining cabin. Was that an issue for you?

LJC

I was concerned too, we did not have a problem at all. The bed is on the opposite wall of the adjoining door.