E-mail response from NCL

In reply to my specific question about being able to have breakfast or lunch on the pool deck from the buffet selections, NCL replied:

"Hello ________,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For our guests’ well-being and to maintain a beautiful clean environment, we ask that guests enjoy their meals while dining at one of our many restaurants. Every ship in the Norwegian fleet offers dining at any time day or night, with a wide variety of options and cuisines available complimentary.

Thank you."

So to me the first post looks like the blanket statement that was given by NCL at 4:20 EST.

However, the 2nd statement looks like they are allowing us to take buffet food out by the pool/tables.

If that's the case....that's good to know.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

So to me the first post looks like the blanket statement that was given by NCL at 4:30 EST.

However, the 2nd statement looks like they are allowing us to take buffet food out by the pool/tables.

If that's the case....that's good to know.

Harriet

They sent me the first email. I immediately wrote back and said "are you telling me people cannot eat outside on the pool deck", and they wrote back within a few minutes with the follow up response.

And once you've taken your food beyond the doors of the buffet are they going to chase you and take the plate from you if you continue on and carry it to your room? They'd have to hire more crew members to pull that off.

And once you've taken your food beyond the doors of the buffet are they going to chase you and take the plate from you if you continue on and carry it to your room? They'd have to hire more crew members to pull that off.

I don't think they are going to chase anyone down. They said you can eat outside as usual. I do think if they see you in a hallway with food, they will ask you to return to the restaurant, or a table outside.

Edited by SissasMomE

Maybe they'll put bar codes on the bottoms of the plates and when you pass a certain point an alarm will go off!!. :)

LOL! Maybe the plate will just self-destruct if you roam more than 25 feet from the buffet door!

Release the Hounds...!

I don't think they are going to chase anyone down. They said you can eat outside as usual. I do think if they see you in a hallway with food, they will ask you to return to the restaurant, or a table outside.

They can "ask" all they want. Unless the STATE taking food back to my stateroom is "banned" I will continue to bring my plate of cookies or whatever back to my room.

In reply to my specific question about being able to have breakfast or lunch on the pool deck from the buffet selections, NCL replied:

"Hello ________,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For our guests’ well-being and to maintain a beautiful clean environment, we ask that guests enjoy their meals while dining at one of our many restaurants. Every ship in the Norwegian fleet offers dining at any time day or night, with a wide variety of options and cuisines available complimentary.

Thank you."

But for only $7.95 we won't worry about this beautiful clean environment

Edited by twokids0204

Release the Hounds...!

You people are killing me here, I'm LMAO, and I'm at work. We are allowed to browse the net - discreetly - which is hard to do when I am LMAO over all these hilarious comments about the food police on NCL! Good job ;) lol :p

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

This all just seems absurd. They can't be serious, at least in enforcing this. 99% of the folks won't even know this rule if they are not on CC and are seasoned cruisers who won't read the fine print (or anything for that matter) in the daily. I cannot imagine them being able to enforce this and if they try they really should direct this energy to enforcing the "no saving lounge chairs". I don't often, if ever, eat beyond the restaurants normally (because I tend to eat like a little piggy at all of my meals) but this just makes me want to take food out and about.:D

I find it hard to believe they would even try to ban taking food from the buffet to the pool area. How in the world would they handle the lunch time barbecue that the have on port days?? Would that not constitute eating food around the pool area:confused:

Yes, if I want to take my DW a cup of coffee, roll and yogurt, I just go to the pool area, then our cabin.