Loud music in ports

zaster

I am sorry for your loss

Thank you, its truly amazing. I think booking the cruise 10 months in advance actually help to prolong his life. His wife and him had a great time, special times I won't ever forget

My group and I loved it. We felt sorry for the other quiet ships that didn't welcome their cruisers back. I guess we looked at it differently. 11 of us ages between 10 to 56, no complaints from us. It felt like coming home after a fun day at the islands. Very warm welcoming and fun.

Thank you, its truly amazing. I think booking the cruise 10 months in advance actually help to prolong his life. His wife and him had a great time, special times I won't ever forget

Awesome tribute.

Nice tribute.

The main thing was about the type of music being played, reggaeton, it's awful...:eek: I don't mind if it is another type of music, but playing reggaeton is so 'cheap'.

No, I don't want to look at another cruise line. I'm fine with NCL but I just found this odd :D

I was on the same Cruise and I find it odd that you docked in Marseille when the rest of us docked in Cannes!;)

I was on the same Cruise and I find it odd that you docked in Marseille when the rest of us docked in Cannes!;)

Mmm... It was the 3-nighter doing Palma and Marseilles :rolleyes:

I'm one of those giving the thumbs-up to NCL for the welcome the crew give to passengers when returning to the ship!

We actually felt sorry for passengers of other ships docked with us who DIDN'T get the same warm welcome! :D

We sailed Epic in the Med a couple of years ago and I don't really recall if music was played or not........I'll let you know in August! :)

WE did, however, sail the Getaway last Summer........music at all ports.......and the Jade, Greek Islands in 2013.......Greek music at all ports....loved it! :)

This music on return is new to me - I don't remember it on our previous cruise on NCL Epic last March or on the Jade previously, but they sure played it on the Getaway last week. The amusing thing is Carnival does something similar and Getaway was next to the Carnival Sensation in Nassau and both ships greeting committee's music was drowning each other out so we couldn't identify any tune or understand the lyrics from either ship's sound system from our balcony on 14. it was all just a lot of noise. My husband and I both like music and were having a laugh about the competitive situation between the two ships. Really, in that situation it would be better for only 1 of the 2 ships to play the music for both ships passengers. Thankfully, we couldn't hear it inside our cabin at all.

This music on return is new to me - I don't remember it on our previous cruise on NCL Epic last March or on the Jade previously, but they sure played it on the Getaway last week. The amusing thing is Carnival does something similar and Getaway was next to the Carnival Sensation in Nassau and both ships greeting committee's music was drowning each other out so we couldn't identify any tune or understand the lyrics from either ship's sound system from our balcony on 14. it was all just a lot of noise. My husband and I both like music and were having a laugh about the competitive situation between the two ships. Really, in that situation it would be better for only 1 of the 2 ships to play the music for both ships passengers. Thankfully, we couldn't hear it inside our cabin at all.
The first time I remember the music welcoming passengers back was on one of my cruises last year.

Wouldn't it have been fun, if the Getaway and Carnival ship would have had the same music and just made one big party out of it. I don't like to participate (especially dancing down the line), but I love to watch it, because some passengers and the crew really get into it and are having a blast. I think it is a nice touch.

Mmm... It was the 3-nighter doing Palma and Marseilles :rolleyes:

I stand corrected! I didn't look at the date of your post just the "just off the Epic" part.

The music was there for the med cruise I disembarked yesterday. In Palma mainly, certainly not Cannes as it was tendered:)

Many of the cruise ports in Mexico and the Carribean do indeed play music, and sometimes provide other type of entertainment also, with both the arrival and the departure of the ship. And it is frequently loud. But, I do like it. It's happy stuff, fun. People dancing sometime as they return. And at some cruise stops, the crew of our ship, and sometimes another docked NCL ship, line up for an hour or so prior to departure, loud music is played, and the crew dances up a storm...which gets many of the returning guests pumped up also. It's all about having fun. I'm guessing Holland American may not do that......but I will probably never find out personally......

Sometimes it is fine, sometimes over the top. On our last cruise about a month ago we had the music twice.Once it was nice and refreshing, one island it was for hours and we couldn't even sit on the balcony and read. We had friends who had a similar experience a few weeks before but it was all the islands according to them. I doubt there is much that can be done. You can't tell the locals to lay off.

I think its great, especially the last port day. Last year it was us on the Dawn and the Jewel? side by side in Cozumel. It was like the battle of the bands meets a carnival. Stilt walkers, bands and dancers from both ships. It was loud and a little crazy but every pax seemed to love it

Yeah, I think that for some days (maybe 2/3 in a 7-cruise) is ok. But as our cruise was only 3-day, playing music in every port was too much, imo.

Also, as someone said, greek music in Greek islands is ok, but reggaeton on a Med-Cruise :confused::confused: I would be okay in a Caribbean cruise if Bachata or reggaeton was played... I think that the environment is totally different in the Mediterranean that in the Caribbean...

Just returned from the Epic, and in every port we were, Palma and Marseilles, there was loud music (reggaeton...) playing outside of the ship to welcome the passengers back to the ship and also to say good-bye at 7am :confused: Playing music is okay, but for a cruise I would have thought of something more relaxing and not this kind of music.

Me and my family felt so embarrassed of this kind of music being played. It felt like going to a cheap/all-included resort :rolleyes:

Is this the common thing nowadays? I do not remember this kind of practice in my Med-cruise three years ago with the Epic.

Woe is me! If it is louder than the music ON THE SHIP, I don't know how I could bear it.:( The decibel level in all venues of all cruise ships these days is actually unbearable and caused me to stop cruising. (I made an exception for the one group cruise I have just now scheduled.)

Kathy

Woe is me! If it is louder than the music ON THE SHIP, I don't know how I could bear it.:( The decibel level in all venues of all cruise ships these days is actually unbearable and caused me to stop cruising. (I made an exception for the one group cruise I have just now scheduled.)

Kathy

all you gotta do is dance, drink and have fun with the music

The first time I remember the music welcoming passengers back was on one of my cruises last year.

Wouldn't it have been fun, if the Getaway and Carnival ship would have had the same music and just made one big party out of it. I don't like to participate (especially dancing down the line), but I love to watch it, because some passengers and the crew really get into it and are having a blast. I think it is a nice touch.

If they had coordinated the music, it would have sounded a lot better. As it was, with the din from the competing music, it just made us laugh.

Yeah, I think that for some days (maybe 2/3 in a 7-cruise) is ok. But as our cruise was only 3-day, playing music in every port was too much, imo.

Also, as someone said, greek music in Greek islands is ok, but reggaeton on a Med-Cruise :confused::confused: I would be okay in a Caribbean cruise if Bachata or reggaeton was played... I think that the environment is totally different in the Mediterranean that in the Caribbean...

I agree. All good on a Caribbean or Mexico cruise, but probably not appropriate on a Med or Alaska cruise. If you are going to play loud music on the pier in places like the Med or Alaska, then at least play music that fits with the surroundings. One size does not fit all.

I agree. All good on a Caribbean or Mexico cruise, but probably not appropriate on a Med or Alaska cruise. If you are going to play loud music on the pier in places like the Med or Alaska, then at least play music that fits with the surroundings. One size does not fit all.

At least someone does understand my point of view :) I am not complaining about it, I am just saying my personal opinion. Just this.

At least someone does understand my point of view :) I am not complaining about it, I am just saying my personal opinion. Just this.

I totally get it, and it has nothing to do with being young or old, or a stick in the mud as some have implied. Sorry but loud reggae or hip hop music blasting pier side in places like France, Italy, and Spain is just out of place and honestly a bit obnoxious. In the Caribbean it's a different story. I feel the same as you do.

I totally get it, and it has nothing to do with being young or old, or a stick in the mud as some have implied. Sorry but loud reggae or hip hop music blasting pier side in places like France, Italy, and Spain is just out of place and honestly a bit obnoxious. In the Caribbean it's a different story. I feel the same as you do.

As I said I can completely understand if its a Mediterranean or any other kind of Cruise. I was saying it's definitely to be expected in the Caribbean. idk though even on a Mediterranean cruise I would probably like it, some people go on cruises to relax I understand. though I work hard all year long, never drink and pretty much just stay at home on the weekends and relax. when I go on a cruise that's my let loose and party time lol. though I do understand everyones point of view. we all have our own reasons for cruising and everyone deserves to have a good time.