Which pier in San Francisco

wally_bushy

Does anyone have the latest information on which pier in San Francisco the Regatta will leave from on May 9 2015

We have conflicting data on this.:confused:

I know we could probably look out for the ship but it is easier to know beforehand

The new port looks isolated ..is it or just appears that way in the photos??

Last time we were there is was so convenient to Fisherman's Wharf etc...

Lyn

The new port looks isolated ..is it or just appears that way in the photos??

Last time we were there is was so convenient to Fisherman's Wharf etc...

Lyn

Lyn,

It just looks that way on this artist's rendition. It is in the same location as the old one (on Embarcadero) - just a few piers over from the old one (a little closer to town, a little further from Fisherman's Wharf).

The old one was a bit of a disaster for pedestrian and car traffic - this one looks to be better for both.

Photos can be deceiving. It is right in the middle of everything. Just below Telegraph Hill and you could probably walk to Fishermens Warf if you have the energy. Looks like a great departure/arrival pier.

Lyn,

It just looks that way on this artist's rendition. It is in the same location as the old one (on Embarcadero) - just a few piers over from the old one (a little closer to town, a little further from Fisherman's Wharf).

The old one was a bit of a disaster for pedestrian and car traffic - this one looks to be better for both.

Ok I think the one we used was Pier 37 or 39 I am older now & more forgetful :D

I know it was a short walk to Fisherman's Wharf

Marina%20getting%20ready%20to%20dock-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

Ok I think the one we used was Pier 37 or 39 I am older now & more forgetful :D

I know it was a short walk to Fisherman's Wharf

Marina%20getting%20ready%20to%20dock-M.jpg

I believe it used to be either pier 33 or 35 - now it is 27.

Pier 39 is the "touristy" pier and Fisherman's Wharf is just past it.

You'll never catch any locals at Fisherman's Wharf, unless they have out of town visitors :D - it's pretty tacky.

It's OK once for a visitor but after that there are many more interesting places to go and see in SF IMO.

Edited by Paulchili

I believe it used to be either pier 33 or 35 - now it is 27.

Pier 39 is the "touristy" pier and Fisherman's Wharf is just past it.

You'll never catch any locals at Fisherman's Wharf, unless they have out of town visitors :D - it's pretty tacky.

It's OK once for a visitor but after that there are many more interesting places to go and see in SF IMO.

It was the same cruise we met you & Marsha in 2011

I would agree on the wharf but when you are a tourist sometimes you just got to go there ;)

Lyn

It was the same cruise we met you & Marsha in 2011

I would agree on the wharf but when you are a tourist sometimes you just got to go there ;)

Lyn

Lyn,

You are correct on both counts :) I am glad we had a chance to meet both of you on that cruise.

Paul

An FYI for all boarding on 5/9. Strong headwinds and big swells are slowing Regatta. About 90 minutes ago we were told that our arrival in SF will be delayed to around 11:30 am. O is working to rebook flights for those who arranged through them. There is free internet for everyone today so that all who self-arranged can work on rebooking as necessary. Of course this also means boarding will be delayed for those joining the ship tomorrow.

Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got a notice that there will also be a Coast Guard inspection which will delay boarding even more. Estimate of 3pm at earliest on May 9 to start boarding even for priority categories..

We are just pulling in. Will dock soon. Then disembarkation starts. Then Coast Guard inspection. Then y'all can get on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the live updates:)