Platinum members, your benefits are next...

I honestly could care less. I don't cruise for the free gift in my room, I don't cruise for the free chocolate plate, I don't cruise and use the free laundry service (I don't even use it), I don't cruise for any of the perks, I cruise to get away from work and because I find great value in it. they could do away with the entire program for all I care. I didn't care when they introduced fttf, you want to spend $50-$60 to get on board quicker, fine by me, I-D-G-A-R-A (I don't give a rats a**).

I hate to say it, but that inflatable rubber dingy from California to Mexico weekly might work for you too.

I honestly could care less. I don't cruise for the free gift in my room, I don't cruise for the free chocolate plate, I don't cruise and use the free laundry service (I don't even use it), I don't cruise for any of the perks, I cruise to get away from work and because I find great value in it. they could do away with the entire program for all I care. I didn't care when they introduced fttf, you want to spend $50-$60 to get on board quicker, fine by me, I-D-G-A-R-A (I don't give a rats a**).

:D:D:D Lots of I's in this post :D:D:D

This diamond member is not applauding and thinks it is wrong.

They could have made past guest as three parties if they wanted this is just another cost cutting move.

This Platinum member is not applauding either!

How sad of Carnival. The continual cost-cutting moves every year. I can remember not that long ago when all it took to be invited to the past guest party was one previous cruise. Now I read all the platinum and diamond members applauding the new restrictions on the past guest party, saying it is overcrowded now.

I would encourage you to look at your list of benefits and compare it to the benefits for Gold and Red. There is a lot there that Carnival can modify and take away. And considering all the areas Carnival has cut from over the past 5 years or so, I would like that list looks awfully cushy right now.

This move by Carnival shows how much they appreciate the return business. It surely is not what it used to be. And to take away a benefit from Gold members that they have already earned, and probably utilized is nothing short of insulting.[/QUOT

Please don't speak for me!

The thing is, everyone has the same opportunity as the next person. If I choose to fly SW I can enter their rewards program and earn miles and free flights. If I choose to stay in the Hilton, I can join their Hilton Honors program and get points for free night stays. Everyone has the same advantage - same with Carnival, Princess, etc. If these companies choose to change their programs, they are under no obligation to compensate for your loss of perks. We don't cruise for the perks, we cruise for the itinerary and for just being at sea. We give the chocolates to our cabin steward and will give away our gift unless it's one of those Tervis Tumblers.

Our hotel loyalty program has increased the number of points you need for a free room at least twice since we have had it. When we first joined there were no blackout dates for FL hotels we liked to stay at. now there are blackout days. Most loyalty programs change over time. The only thing I would really miss is priority boarding and luggage coming to the room quickly. If I was lucky enough, I could buy that if it were eliminated

Our hotel loyalty program has increased the number of points you need for a free room at least twice since we have had it. When we first joined there were no blackout dates for FL hotels we liked to stay at. now there are blackout days. Most loyalty programs change over time. The only thing I would really miss is priority boarding and luggage coming to the room quickly. If I was lucky enough, I could buy that if it were eliminated

So what if they did remove priority boarding and quick luggage delivery? Would you stop sailing Carnival if that were the case? Like I suggested on another thread, maybe Carnival should simply get rid of the entire program and simply level the playing field where priority boarding is for suite guests and those willing to pay extra for it.

So what if they did remove priority boarding and quick luggage delivery? Would you stop sailing Carnival if that were the case? Like I suggested on another thread, maybe Carnival should simply get rid of the entire program and simply level the playing field where priority boarding is for suite guests and those willing to pay extra for it.

Wouldn't bother me one bit.... Sure it's nice, but it's not going to ruin my vacation to miss getting on or off quicker or a couple free drinks....

perks are nice but... For me the overall price and itinerary are what fuels what cruise ( or cruiseline) I choose. I am platinum on Carnival, Diamond on RCL and close to Platinum on NCL. The loyalty perks on RCL and NCL for the same number of days cruised are in my opinion far superior to the ones offered by Carnival. Still my next cruise is with Carnival because I wanted the itinerary the breeze offered. Usually Carnival will be a lower cost per day and I own Carnival stock which gives me OBC. If perks are important to you compare what RCL and NCL offers their loyal cruisers and sail where you fit best.

Wouldn't bother me one bit.... Sure it's nice, but it's not going to ruin my vacation to miss getting on or off quicker or a couple free drinks....

Thank you for your opinion - it appears that even the small perks they offer are of little enough value to influence your decisions. It does seem that even something small such as that does have an impact on others.

The only thing I would really miss is priority boarding and luggage coming to the room quickly. If I was lucky enough, I could buy that if it were eliminated

I think you can buy that now. So, pehaps the company should pull all perks, and the eliminate all the costs for administrering, and only discount carriage rates for return cruisers at all levels.

Edited by eponym

oh no....not yet...for a long shot;)

stay tuned or better yet..dont.

Are those posts some kind of religious overture? It's OK for people to discuss and exchange without diversion of threads. As was indicated, pull the perks and only discount carriage rates for return customers. I could see that make everyone happy and the Corporation saves big money and focuses the resources on other things like working backup power systems, recruiting new cruisers worldwide, etc..

I did not sign up for continuous sailings with Carnival based on the perks I would get from them. I signed up for the value of the trip. Every week I go to Walmart and they don't give me perks for continuing to shop with them on a weekly basis. But I still go back. The gas station on the corner doesn't give me any perks either but I continue to go back and fill up with them every week.

We should all count our lucky stars that we can afford to go on a cruise and not worry about getting compensated for those blessings.

BTW, we have never attended a past guest party in the last 7 years of cruising.

Well said. My journey from having a blue card to a gold card to a red card back to a gold card was a minor thing. As long as carnival keeps offering affordable itineraries to places i have never been to i will stick with them. Thankfully they came up with journey cruises. After what has happened to perks over the years, there is not a lot i can count on from carnival in that respect and never will.

Diamond may not be applauding but the platinums are!!! :)

and it's funny that when a Gold may post their take on events, they are buried by Platinum and Diamonds on the board.

and it's funny that when a Gold may post their take on events, they are buried by Platinum and Diamonds on the board.

That's a joke, right? You have the most posts in this thread, and by far the most posts in the angry people thread.

When they get rid of the laundry benefit, I'm out. I love, love, love the laundry benefit. It really helps on the long cruises.

You're out of vacationing? Or you're out of cruising?

I love the laundry benefit too, but I've found that no fairies show up at my house to do it when I'm not on vacation....

How sad of Carnival. The continual cost-cutting moves every year. I can remember not that long ago when all it took to be invited to the past guest party was one previous cruise. Now I read all the platinum and diamond members applauding the new restrictions on the past guest party, saying it is overcrowded now.

I would encourage you to look at your list of benefits and compare it to the benefits for Gold and Red. There is a lot there that Carnival can modify and take away. And considering all the areas Carnival has cut from over the past 5 years or so, I would like that list looks awfully cushy right now.

This move by Carnival shows how much they appreciate the return business. It surely is not what it used to be. And to take away a benefit from Gold members that they have already earned, and probably utilized is nothing short of insulting.

Man get over it.

Do you really cruise because of the loyalty program perks?

Man get over it.

Do you really cruise because of the loyalty program perks?

I won't speak for them, but will speak for myself. we choose what we are going to spend money on all the time, and a part of the decision process in the modern era is what are the benefits (or not) of loyalty perks.

Value is in the eye of the individual beholders.

While what you say may be true, there are stores now that offer "repeat" customer perks. I use my Discover card and get anywhere from 5% to 10% cash back on items I purchase. I use it specifically for the cruises and the perks are really good. Book with Southwest and pay $12.50 to get on board first, that's a perk. I shop at a certain grocery store and I earn money back on every purchase plus coupons for free stuff. All you have to do is sign up and use your card. It's available to anyone who shops and wants those perks. Far too many people are living the "entitlement" mentality without earning it. JMHO.

Paying for something is not a perk.

Paying for something is not a perk.

agreed.

elliair...way back a ways I asked you what you thought of fttf. Did you not see my question?, or did you choose not to answer? Just curious. Still curious.

I won't speak for them, but will speak for myself. we choose what we are going to spend money on all the time, and a part of the decision process in the modern era is what are the benefits (or not) of loyalty perks.

Value is in the eye of the individual beholders.

Just so I understand you, without the perks you would cruise with another line?