Platinum members, your benefits are next...

Apparently for some to feel appreciated as a guest, the answer is "Yes!".

I agree with feeling appreciated...but for us personally, we get that feeling when we get on a ship and a crew member who sailed with us on a previous cruise actually remembers our names.

THAT is appreciation.

Free laundry is very nice, but if they take that away as opposed to cutting something important, I'm definitely OK with it.

But isn't getting plastered and having someone else wash your dirty underwear what cruising is all about?

Apparently for some to feel appreciated as a guest, the answer is "Yes!".

Not for me, I don't like anyone but myself touching my undies. We don't use the free laundry, they can take it away as a perk, it wouldn't bother me.

I agree with feeling appreciated...but for us personally, we get that feeling when we get on a ship and a crew member who sailed with us on a previous cruise actually remembers our names.

THAT is appreciation.

Free laundry is very nice, but if they take that away as opposed to cutting something important, I'm definitely OK with it.

That's what service industry people are trained to do.

If they took priority embark and laundry away, but left you the rest of the perks/benefits/parties in place for a couple of years, would you be OK with that, and not have any derogatory feedback?

Platinum could be under the accountants eyes for migration to a reduced fee FTTF. Currently if there is only an average of 30 FTTF slots to sell per sailing. At $60 each, it only nets in about $1800 for them.

Edited by eponym

• 10 months later...
Classic. lol 231 post above yours, all from 10 months ago. Who are you responding to?

Bill

Hey Bill, there are some posters here who take on new new names (probably because they have been banned) and huddle up on other sites laughing with each other on all the distraction they can cause and stir up here.

Hey Bill, there are some posters here who take on new new names (probably because they have been banned) and huddle up on other sites laughing with each other on all the distraction they can cause and stir up here.

Some of these threads are classic and nice to see what concerns were a few years ago and what has happened since.

It's sad really.

There was a time one could boast that you did not need loyalty perks on Carnival to make up what the other lines were lacking.

Those days are long gone. Carnival has gone from pay less, get equal or more, to pay less; get less. And the less column grows with every passing week.

Totally disagree, and if you feel that way, why are you here?

Why am I here? Why am I here?

I don't stop reading a newspaper or a travel magazine because of one section or one article.

Why am I here? Oddest question I've read here yet. It's a message board, and I'm reading messages. And sometimes commenting.

Totally disagree, and if you feel that way, why are you here?

Overall they still give us a great time but to us entertainment as a total package has gone way downhill.

Last few cruises they have eliminated flyons and replaced them with Hasbro as an evening entertainment sometimes on a night with no comedy club or piano bar.

Overall they still give us a great time but to us entertainment as a total package has gone way downhill.

Last few cruises they have eliminated flyons and replaced them with Hasbro as an evening entertainment sometimes on a night with no comedy club or piano bar.

We were pleasantly surprised with the talent and the shows on our most recent sailing on the Sunshine.

We were pleasantly surprised with the talent and the shows on our most recent sailing on the Sunshine.

We are next on the Dream. One of the reasons we picked it is it still has the old production shows such as Dancing in the Streets which we think is one of the best Carnival has put on.

I will turn Platinum on my next cruise and the only "perk" I am interested in is Priority boarding and the dedicated GS window. I pay for that now with FTTF. I have been to many Past Guest Parties and they were all the same. I personally don't miss them. Carnival doesn't owe me anything other than a fun, quality vacation in return for my money.

Edited by Butterbean1000

How sad of Carnival. The continual cost-cutting moves every year. I can remember not that long ago when all it took to be invited to the past guest party was one previous cruise. Now I read all the platinum and diamond members applauding the new restrictions on the past guest party, saying it is overcrowded now.

I would encourage you to look at your list of benefits and compare it to the benefits for Gold and Red. There is a lot there that Carnival can modify and take away. And considering all the areas Carnival has cut from over the past 5 years or so, I would like that list looks awfully cushy right now.

This move by Carnival shows how much they appreciate the return business. It surely is not what it used to be. And to take away a benefit from Gold members that they have already earned, and probably utilized is nothing short of insulting.

Why be loyal? Just buy FTTF.

It's sad really.

There was a time one could boast that you did not need loyalty perks on Carnival to make up what the other lines were lacking.

Those days are long gone. Carnival has gone from pay less, get equal or more, to pay less; get less. And the less column grows with every passing week.

Agree. Cutbacks everywhere. What did they add of value? Guys. LOL