Explore Four and Pinnacle Grill Question

JPH814

I know that with our upcoming Alaska Cruise on the Oosterdam in July we receive a sinner in the Pinnacle Grill (part of 9).

Will this the reservation for this be automatically arranged? I mean, will we need to make a reservation for this, or will we be assigned an evening and notified of our reservation automatically?

I have heard that reservations in the PG can be in high demand. We have enjoyed the Grill in the past and very well may want to eat there more than one evening. So I do not want to be shut out. And I would rather pick the evening to dine there ourselves.

I know that with our upcoming Alaska Cruise on the Oosterdam in July we receive a sinner in the Pinnacle Grill (part of 9).

Will this the reservation for this be automatically arranged? I mean, will we need to make a reservation for this, or will we be assigned an evening and notified of our reservation automatically?

I have heard that reservations in the PG can be in high demand. We have enjoyed the Grill in the past and very well may want to eat there more than one evening. So I do not want to be shut out. And I would rather pick the evening to dine there ourselves.

Your Explore 4 PG reservation will be assigned by HAL and your reservation info will be in your stateroom when you board. If you don't like the assigned PG reservation, you can easily (from all that I've seen here on CC) change it by seeing the PG Manager or through your Concierge if your are in a Neptune Suite. So I recommend you make whatever PG reservations you really want now, so that at least you'll know that you have that one.

Smooth sailing,

Rod

We had the Explore4 on our last cruise.

The reservation for the Pinnacle Grill arrived in our mail box the afternoon of embarkation. We did have to see the Pinnacle manager to get the time we wanted as we rarely eat late. It has to be a special occasion for us to eat late.

We just got off our Med cruise on the Zuiderdam and had our Exploer4 Pinnacle dinner notice in our cabin on our desk when we boarded. But... it was for the first night and that did not work for us. We went to the manager of the Pinnacle Grill and changed it immediately. Had no problems finding another date that worked better for us. Make it the first thing you check when you get on board.

When we boarded the PG assignment card was in our cabin.

We were assigned 9pm the second evening which was also a formal night.

We had planned to have room service for formal nights and had no appropriate formalware with us.

The PG manager was not able to change our reservation as he said everything was booked solid.

We also asked if we might be able to get it sent to our stateroom, but no go.

DH wore his khakis and a short sleeved shirt and was given a jacket to enter the PG. He was told that he could take off the jacket once at the table and just hang it over the chair.

I just wore black pants with a white blouse.

We felt really uneasy as we knew we weren't dressed properly but knew that it also wasn't our fault .

Reservation date and time were a huge disappointment, but the dinner was great.

HAL newbie here - at what point (how many days out) does HAL open the online reservations for PG?

As best I recall' date=' as soon as you have made final payment, you can make online reservations for dining, shore excursions and the like.

Smooth sailing,

Rod[/color']

Currently on the Maasdam. We did not receive a reservation notice for our PG dinner, nor did we receive our SBP cards. When I inquired about both, we were told the we could choose a reservation time but it was around other pre paid reservations. Some nights were fully booked. We did manage to get a time that suited us.

For the SBP, the separate card is being phased out over time. If you don't have one, just ask about it. Your ship may be one of the ones under the new system.

As best I recall, as soon as you have made final payment, you can make online reservations for dining, shore excursions and the like.

Smooth sailing,

Rod

I've been able to make dining reservations prior to final payment. I would just keep checking the Hal website every week or so. I think they can be made quite early, like 9 months in advance.

HAL newbie here - at what point (how many days out) does HAL open the online reservations for PG?

We have a cruise this fall. I made our reservations back in January.

We also have a cruise next March and again I have made our dinner reservations.

You do not have to wait until final payment.

We just got off our Med cruise on the Zuiderdam and had our Exploer4 Pinnacle dinner notice in our cabin on our desk when we boarded. But... it was for the first night and that did not work for us. We went to the manager of the Pinnacle Grill and changed it immediately. Had no problems finding another date that worked better for us. Make it the first thing you check when you get on board.

As soon as we get on any ship, we always check our pre-booked reservations as well as anything that we are to get free.

If you go to your reservations page online, look under purchases, select dining options you can make your reservation. Your credit card is billed immediately.