Bringing Alcohol onboard

travelling on the explorer from southampton and want to know a bit about brining alcohol onto the ship. It's not that I'm trying to smuggle it in, I just want to know where to put it as in handluggage or suitcase.

It's our 10 year anniversary while we are away and as a gift on our wedding day we were given a case of champagne. We drank a bottle of it that day and were told it is a bottle for each of our decade anniversaries. I've waited a long time to drink it and don't want it breaking, being taken off me or being tampered with.

We are driving to southampton but not sure how security works and were to put it. Any suggestions? We once had a bag that wasn't delivered to our cabin as it had a bottle of rum in. I had bought it from duty free on the flight out as it was a bargain and put it in my suitcase after collecting our luggage as I didn't have enough hands to carry everything. It was taken off us and returned at the end of the cruise. I just don't want to lose my champagne.

any tips, suggestions or advice greatly welcomed. checked the FAQs so I know I can take it but how?

thanks

:D

I would carry the champagne on board in a carry on. If you put it in checked luggage, be prepared to visit the naughty room again :) as they will likely hold your bag so you can come prove its only champagne.

Are RCL so strict on this whole alcohol thing?

cruised with PO and never stopped with wine but Thompson was my naughty experience.

You are allowed to bring on 2 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin so you will have no issues bringing on your champagne. Just put it in your carry on so it is safe since it is an important bottle.:)

Yes, RCL are much stricter than P and O, they do allow 2 bottles of wine per cabin though so your champagne will be safe if you carry it in your hand luggage.

Julie

Are RCL so strict on this whole alcohol thing?

cruised with PO and never stopped with wine but Thompson was my naughty experience.

As long as you're not trying to bring on more than the two bottle allowance, you have nothing to worry about. I just hope it was the right quality of champagne and was stored well, though. Otherwise, it might not be worth drinking after 10 years of aging. :D