Luminae Dress Code

pauly

We are in the PH on Infinity right now. My husband was told that he did not have to wear a tie or jecket, but his shirt had to have long sleeves. No short sleeved shirts allowed. He wound up wearing jacket anyway, but no tie. While we were sitting there, others were turned away who had short sleeves and no jacket.

Shirley

One of the reasons I booked a suite on Silhouette in 2016 was the smart casual dress code in Luminae on all nights. If I decided that I wanted a formal dining experience, I would inquire to see if space is available in the MDR.

I always dress for dinner. Its a matter of respect for myself and other diners and besides...... dining in underwear is sooo last year.

I jest - Looking forward to dusting down the clothes in my wardrobe that I never normally get a chance to wear. Even my husband who complained bitterly on out first cruise that he was obliged to wear a suit and tie has insisted he will do again on our upcoming cruise. Its just plain nice IMHO

We are in the PH on Infinity right now. My husband was told that he did not have to wear a tie or jacket, but his shirt had to have long sleeves. No short sleeved shirts allowed. He wound up wearing jacket anyway, but no tie. While we were sitting there, others were turned away who had short sleeves and no jacket.

Shirley

For the record, I'm not the type to wear jeans and a Hawaiian shirt on formal night to a non-MDR restaurant, but this is a textbook example of how local management (Hotel Director and/or Luminae Maitre'd) is making up their own rules. Celebrity officially designates Luminae as Smart Casual every night, and their fleet wide definition of Smart Casual does not include a requirement to wear long sleeve shirts.

We can voice opinions 'till the cows come home about how glad we are long sleeve shirts were enforced in Luminae on Infinity, but the bottom line is Celebrity doesn't require them and I believe those turned away shouldn't have been. Incidents like this also create a lot of unnecessary confusion.

Since Luminae is smart casual every night, this is what I am going with:

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the 'Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-proper-dining-attire?tab=none

Thanks everyone!

I have previously commented that most male guests in luminae on the Equinox wore suits or jackets on formal night but there were a few in open necked short sleeved shirts (still smart casual) and I did not see anyone sent away. As the venue is classed as 'smart casual' I would have been surprised if they had.

Many of us choose to dress more formally on these evenings but we must respect the choice of those who prefer to keep to Smart Casual. I would expect shorts and T shirts to be challenged but not open necked short sleeved shirts.

Are short sleeve golf style shirts allowed?

Yes

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onbo...ttire?tab=none

Edited by pauly