Luminae Dress Code

pauly

We were there for only one of the three formal nights. Most men had jackets. There were a few with ties. There were a few tuxes too. Ladies wore cocktail dresses and a few wore fancy pant suits. (Constellation, April 22)

It's a specialty restaurant the same way that Blu is so smart casual and above should be the official dress code every night. Dressing up on formal nights is at the discretion of the individual passenger

We were on Reflection for the TA, and almost everyone was dressed in formalwear. And during regular evenings, most were dressed extremely nice. It's a lovely venue and it's great to see everyone dressed so smartly.

We were on the Silhouette TA and on the first formal night it was very black tie, second formal night the jeans were back, but the third most went formal. Evidently a few people complained about jeans in Luminae (some suite guests were not allowed to enter), but finally it was decided by corporate that jeans are allowed. I don't mind jeans but I don't like t-shirts, which I only saw once.

On Equinox the general smart casual did become smarter on formal nights. Not all men had suit and tie but most did or open necked shirt with smart jacket. Women generally were more dressed up in a mix of long dresses, cocktail dresses or dark trousers with a nice top. In Michael's club too in the evening smart casual wear was kept to.

I'm really glad to hear that people are dressing smartly for Luminae, especially on formal nights. It adds to the ambiance which makes the effort more worthwhile. DH and I love to dress for dinner on a cruise - it feels like 'going out for the evening'. I never feel comfortable in the MDR if I'm in casual wear and would usually go to the buffet or skip dinner altogether if I want a 'night off' from dressing up!

I'm really glad to hear that people are dressing smartly for Luminae, especially on formal nights. It adds to the ambiance which makes the effort more worthwhile. DH and I love to dress for dinner on a cruise - it feels like 'going out for the evening'. I never feel comfortable in the MDR if I'm in casual wear and would usually go to the buffet or skip dinner altogether if I want a 'night off' from dressing up!

I agree with you. We usually cruise with Celebrity in Europe. Our experience in the MDR has been really positive during formal nights, with most people following the rules. I don't see Luminae as a specialty restaurant, to me is a dining room. Hope dress code suggestions are followed.

On the Summit I was only in Luminae for 1 formal night. I don`t remember anyone in a tux. Saw jeans with a jacket. The other formal night we ate at the captain`s table and men had suits but no tux. My husband has always brought his tux but on our Alaska cruise this summer I think he will just have a dress shirt with Jacket. In Europe people do dress up more. I love dressing up every night.

I agree with you. We usually cruise with Celebrity in Europe. Our experience in the MDR has been really positive during formal nights, with most people following the rules. I don't see Luminae as a specialty restaurant, to me is a dining room. Hope dress code suggestions are followed.

On the Celebrity Website, it specifically states that it is Smart casual, I was just curious as to what everyone else does. Luminae is for suite guests and is not the MDR.

On our Reflection cruise most were dressed according to the formal dress code, only a few in smart casual. Even on smart casual nights quite a few men wore jackets.

Edited by Ma Bell

I understand what is says on the website, I was curious what everyone else does, and I would appreciate more input if others feel inclined to do so. Case re-opened.

What else can be said? Go to Sticky.

What else can be said? Go to Sticky.

Whatever...If you don't want to participate in the discussion, don't click on the link. That's how the the message board works, in case anyone is not aware.

The love and concern on these boards is just so overwhelming. Geez. This is why I have been a member for 11 years and have only 214 posts.

Whatever...If you don't want to participate in the discussion, don't click on the link. That's how the the message board works, in case anyone is not aware.

The love and concern on these boards is just so overwhelming. Geez. This is why I have been a member for 11 years and have only 214 posts.

OMG! Thanks for telling me how the forum works. I just posted my opinion on how the forum works, too. So, what do you really want people to say on how you should dress?

OMG! Thanks for telling me how the forum works. I just posted my opinion on how the forum works, too. So, what do you really want people to say on how you should dress?

Thanks for your help, and best wishes. Bon Voyage!