Passenger protest on Jewel of the Seas RE Puerto Vallarta

Exactly. I so agree with you. Those areas sound dicey with all the crime problems over the years anyway.

Definitely would be fine with any decisions they made for our safety!!! Mexico's crime is noted on our local news for quite some time now on the West Coast.

I am not questioning the decision to skip Puerto Vallarta, as that is the ship's decision based on the current news they received. But we cruise a lot, and also visit PV each winter for about 10 days. We have done this 15 consecutive years. I always say that it is one of the happiest, friendliest places I visit. As long as you stick to the touristy areas, you are fine. This story appeared this week in the Washington Post newspaper: http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/up-close-and-personal-in-puerto-vallarta/ar-BBjrSZ4?ocid=U305DHP

Just got off the Legends last week, as for Guatemala I could care less if I ever go back there again. I have never seen such a dirty place. It was also believed that the Noro Virus that hit the Legend and the Celebrity ship before our cruise got it when they were in Guatemala .

We thought Guatemala was great. Most everyone we spoke with enjoyed it but we all agree we needed a longer day there.

Let them all off then ... let them get kidnapped as they roam the streets of "beautiful Puerto Vallarta" ... or get a grenade thrown at them ... or watch a police officer getting beheaded by some drug cartel member

Sure .. its a VERRRRRY safe place ... go ahead ... enjoy.

Are you for real!!!

OK - this next Thursday 5/14/15 the Legend will leave on a 10 night cruise to Hawaii leaving from - GASP - Mexico!

2,076 passengers (a completely sold out ship) most with USA, by God, greenback cash in their pockets will be put on MEXICAN buses from the San Diego pier and driven a few hours through MEXICO (Tijuana) to the ship so that RC can save $300 a nose in fines for violating the PVSA.

Yea, RC is real worried about Mexico.

BTW - I'm on that cruise and I'm very OK with it.

Sometimes RC gets the "brown flu" when it is very convenient for them and keeps the revenue on board.

Are you serious?!

Royal Caribbean is not worry about Mexico, just a small handful of cities.

Edited by SkaterJasp

I thought travel was a broadening experience. On RCI I guess you travel for the Diamond Lounge experience.

well, if you spend too much time in the DL (or the CL) ... it can broaden your (ahem) behind, can't it?

Wonder how many actually got off the boat, if they knew of the state department's advisory and if they knew it voided their travel insurance?

If one thing happened to 1 person, Celebrity opened themselves up for huge liability there since RCL/Disney listened to the travel advisories.