New ships...Aqua Class

hulamoon

This morning I was thinking of our usual booking choice, Aq or suite class and I am going to suggest a few things that are my wish list for AQ class, assuming it continues.

How about more cabins in better locations. Or more enhanced balconies. The regular cabins are just a bit narrow. I would like larger ones, premium cabin size. (I still have no idea why AQ suites did not work) maybe A1 can be a bit larger so I don't keep bruising my knees on the coffee table. I love the bathrooms amenities but an extra foot or two would be nice.

Enhance the menu, half my excitement over the suite restaurant was a new menu. But if it is going to be mostly rich food, I shall not survive 14 days in that restaurant. So I want to love Blu as much as I did during my first voyage.

T-pool on ships, but for people who like t-pools..in an area where people are not going to be sitting on the pools edge with their margarita's and a plate of fries. Which unfortunately can happen in M class in that lovely pool area.

Better control over Persian gardens and capacity. It is truely annoying to be in AQ and there is little space and then to over hear people explaining how they snuck into the area. Maybe a few more ceramic beds? With that amazing view?

I would like a return of some nice hair and body products. With the turn over of the spa they were lost to something that is in no way similar to Elimis products. By this I mean use of essential oils rather than perfumes, and with less chemical items like the Bvulgari products. This cannot be difficult, many hotels carry these products, even double tree in San Juan.

Please continue the serenity of only two people to cabins on AQ deck. The great view from ceramic beds, the Blu concept, the nicer towels, not sure that is still offered.

What do you think? Are others torn between AQ and suites as often as we are? Are many people in AQ that got there on an assignment and didn't really want to be there? Did the AQ suites fail because of confusion or location?

I think AS failed because most were under the pool, in a terrible location. They moved the bigger suites (RS and PH) down a deck and buffered them with the ASs. It's a way to utilize a less than desirable location, AS or AQ unfortunately as they know those are popular, but that location that would be normally hard to sell, then has a reason to book.

No comments on the other items, except to say, of course, why not. They could make this stuff happen on the current ship designs.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Yes I can see, why pay for premium accommodations in the worst locations. I wonder if X thinks of it as a concept fail or location fail?

If that is so, bring them back. Or at least offer some bigger than S class.

Maybe a premium AQ that doesn't come with suite benefits? Might make sense from a guest perspective, but from a marketing perspective it doesn't make sense because they can sell every sky suite for more than AQ, even at the X rate.

As a suite guest, you get access to Blu, and now with the "new suite class" getting a table is a non issue realistically so that only leaves water and Persian Gardens. Really, for anyone who can pay for a suite (sky suite or otherwise) does it really matter whether they pay for Persian Garden access? My guess is if you ask the concierge (sky suite) or MC Concierge (CS and above) they'd just give you passes.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Maybe a premium AQ that doesn't come with suite benefits? Might make sense from a guest perspective, but from a marketing perspective it doesn't make sense because they can sell every sky suite for more than AQ, even at the X rate.

As a suite guest, you get access to Blu, and now with the "new suite class" getting a table is a non issue realistically so that only leaves water and Persian Gardens. Really, for anyone who can pay for a suite (sky suite or otherwise) does it really matter whether they pay for Persian Garden access? My guess is if you ask the concierge (sky suite) or MC Concierge (CS and above) they'd just give you passes.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Good points. If the AQ amenities are not enhanced then the only reasonable cabin enhancement would be some extra square footage between standard balcony and SS. There were a couple rumblings of improving Blu.

I am doubtful we could get free passes, but it's worth a try.

Good points. If the AQ amenities are not enhanced then the only reasonable cabin enhancement would be some extra square footage between standard balcony and SS. There were a couple rumblings of improving Blu.

I am doubtful we could get free passes, but it's worth a try.

SS is 1.5 times a standard cabin (AQ), so what are they going to do, 1.25? Maybe, but don't count on it. A number of people have reported free passes in SS, but who cares, will the $15/day or whatever a week be the deal breaker? Meh...but you know how I feel. Blu is basically like the MDR with a slightly better menu and smaller venue. It's marginally better.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Yes I can see, why pay for premium accommodations in the worst locations. I wonder if X thinks of it as a concept fail or location fail?

If that is so, bring them back. Or at least offer some bigger than S class.

we book and pay a premium for good locations in Concierge Class ! You are paying the premium for Blu. For some that is worth the higher cost over CC (usually) and prefer Blu over location.

I will take 1.25 bigger cabin! 85 percent of the time, we like Blu over the MDR.

I like the whole cruise/spa idea and hope it gets enhancements. Some of the benefits,mike water are less appealing after the 123 packages. But those little extras were nice.

Christine..are you getting the CC2? Is it the benefits or points you like better than 1A.

SS is 1.5 times a standard cabin (AQ), so what are they going to do, 1.25? Maybe, but don't count on it. A number of people have reported free passes in SS, but who cares, will the $15/day or whatever a week be the deal breaker? Meh...but you know how I feel. Blu is basically like the MDR with a slightly better menu and smaller venue. It's marginally better.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Worth pointing out that :-

SS is approx 1.5 times a standard cabin on a S class ship.

SS is approx 1.25 times a standard cabin on a M class ship.

Edited by Mynki

Happy sailing,

Jenna

But it's SO MUCH quieter!!!

For the most part our service has been much better in Blu. And I like the window views before the sun sets. I also like the quietness.

I would add a real spa conciege would be a good a thing, I do not believe I had one ever staying in AQ. But I did enjoy when the MC concierge found the best therapist for the modalities I wanted in the spa.

Regarding BLU, the M'd did tell us the menu was going to be upgraded to compete better with Luminair.

That would be good. Although I liked Blu, particularly the quieter atmosphere and never having to wait for a table, I did think the food could have been improved a touch. Breakfast was good, but dinner only acceptable on some nights.

We did try the MDR which was clearly a step down from Blu in terms of service though.

That would be good. Although I liked Blu, particularly the quieter atmosphere and never having to wait for a table, I did think the food could have been improved a touch. Breakfast was good, but dinner only acceptable on some nights.

We did try the MDR which was clearly a step down from Blu in terms of service though.

Our experience too...hopefully we will hear more after Lumanae is sorted out.

Regarding BLU, the M'd did tell us the menu was going to be upgraded to compete better with Luminair.

Based on our last cruise in Aqua Class and Blu I would agree that the menus should be upgraded, but I am not sure it makes sense to "compete" with Luminar. I would not think Celebrity would be encouraging Suite guests to dine in Blu. I think the upgrade is an attempt to insure the value over the MDR.