The Baths in Sept.

jjswiech

We are going to be in Tortola on September 2nd. We had wanted to take the Ferry to see the Baths. When I look at the Ferry schedule is says that the Ferry is suspended during Sept & Oct.(Speedy's)

I could always schedule through NCLs shore excursion - but now I am wondering exactly why the Ferry would be suspended during those months.

Has anyone ever been to the Baths in early September? I

am concerned that perhaps the ocean is too rough and maybe that is why the Ferry doesn't run. I am traveling with 4 kids so if the Ferry ride is too rough or the rip currents too strong, I want to find a different excursion all together.

Any advice?

We are going to be in Tortola on September 2nd. We had wanted to take the Ferry to see the Baths. When I look at the Ferry schedule is says that the Ferry is suspended during Sept & Oct.(Speedy's)

I could always schedule through NCLs shore excursion - but now I am wondering exactly why the Ferry would be suspended during those months.

Has anyone ever been to the Baths in early September? I

am concerned that perhaps the ocean is too rough and maybe that is why the Ferry doesn't run. I am traveling with 4 kids so if the Ferry ride is too rough or the rip currents too strong, I want to find a different excursion all together.

Any advice?

I've never heard of such a thing, please provide a link to where you saw this notification - thanks!

The ferries run all year, the schedule does change on public holidays, but it's the primary mode of transport for folks working on each island. There are maintenance schedules and they will pull vessels for that reason of course. But I've never heard of ferries not running at all.

Regarding the water, it can be rough anytime there's a swell, and the winter months from Nov - Feb can be rougher with swift currents along the shore. But the Baths are still a good experience as long as the weather cooperates.

Edited by blue_water