Shuttle to hotel (downtown)

Check out http://www.eastsideforhire.com. Cost from SeaTac to downtown hotel is $37. Great service--you can call them when you get your baggage and they will be there very quickly. When you call, verify where they will pick you up. They have always picked me up on the DEPARTURE level, but Mapleleafs says that they pick you up just outside the baggage claim ARRIVALS level.

Shuttle Express is the only shuttle I'm familiar with that goes downtown. I think they go twice an hour. If your hotel is on the list (or close enough that you can walk a block) the cost is $18:

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/airport/scheduled-hotel-service-to-seatac/

Otherwise the flat rate cab company (http://www.eastsideforhire.com) is $29 to downtown.

• 1 month later...

Think this is one of the newer threads about shuttle services I found in 'search function', so adding my 2 cents here.

After reading good reviews - I contacted ShuttleExpress about picking me up at the pier (pier 91) and take me to the Hilton Downtown after my Jewel of the Seas cruise, then pick me up at the Hilton and take me to the airport after my stay in Seattle.

One word -- Fantastic!

Prompt replies to all my emails, took care of my bookings without me having to do it online, easy to locate at the pier in Seattle and were prompt to pick me up at the hotel. Both drivers were great and friendly.

Won't hesitate to book them again should I get the opportunity to be in Seattle!

Edited by jaspercat

FYI, "Scheduled Service" is kind of an anachronism with Shuttle Express. They take people when they have vehicles available, as opposed to at predetermined times. They used to provide twice hourly service, but not any more. If all is going well, the wait time to leave on a shuttle is about 20 minutes. If it's not, the wait for a shuttle might top 90 minutes. You can get a feel for the wait times by checking with a Shuttle Express employee at their desk in the SeaTac parking garage. Their rate is indeed $18 per person to select downtown Seattle hotels, though they allow one child per adult to ride free. They'll also give you a $5 discount per person (so, $13 each) if you book a return trip when you book your arriving trip to your hotel.

As pizzalady1 mentioned, some (if not all) of the taxicab companies offer flat rates to downtown Seattle's hotel district, but the rates are not all the same. The rates are, however, required to be "conspicuously displayed in the vehicle for the passenger to see", though they are also allowed to vary by time of day. (Source)

Another option is Speedishuttle, which just started operating recently in the Seattle area. They charge $15.99 per person to downtown hotels, at least the ones I checked. From what I can tell, Speedishuttle also operates "after hours"; I tested their site with a 2 AM flight arrival time.

Shuttle Express is the only shuttle I'm familiar with that goes downtown. I think they go twice an hour. If your hotel is on the list (or close enough that you can walk a block) the cost is $18:

http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/airport/scheduled-hotel-service-to-seatac/

Otherwise the flat rate cab company (http://www.eastsideforhire.com) is $29 to downtown.

Edited by Orbiting Seattleite

I did some mock bookings yesterday for the Shuttle Express-as others have mentioned $18.00 from the airport to select hotels downtown, but for others (ie: Moore Hotel/Pike Place) it's $33.00; almost double for such a short distance. Glad there are alternatives, such as the Light Rail.

Think this is one of the newer threads about shuttle services I found in 'search function', so adding my 2 cents here.

After reading good reviews - I contacted ShuttleExpress about picking me up at the pier (pier 91) and take me to the Hilton Downtown after my Jewel of the Seas cruise, then pick me up at the Hilton and take me to the airport after my stay in Seattle.

One word -- Fantastic!

Prompt replies to all my emails, took care of my bookings without me having to do it online, easy to locate at the pier in Seattle and were prompt to pick me up at the hotel. Both drivers were great and friendly.

Won't hesitate to book them again should I get the opportunity to be in Seattle!

You are lucky..I have emailed them more than once and not one reply. I called yesterday and got a girl who would not let me prebook to go from SEA to Crowne Plaza, but told me where to go to catch the shuttle. She said I could arrange my trip from the pier to the airport then, could not do that ahead of time either. She also quoted me $39 for the 3 of us...2 adults and one child, when clearly on the website it is $36. She told me $44 back. I don't know now if I feel comfortable using them.

I had trouble trying to figure out the website. Is gives a choice for Crowne plaza but calls it airporter? What does that mean?