Norwegian Dawn - Boston disembarkation/ return flight times

We are doing the Boston to Bermuda cruise in August, and my mother in law is wondering what time she should plan her return flight from Boston. What is disembarkation like? Can we get off as early as we need to? Any suggestions are welcome.

If you are in a suite you can be off and hail a cab as early as about 9, making a 1130 flight possible. If not, all bets are off and I wouldn't book a flight before 4, 3 would be pushing it. Remember all it takes is one person messing the line up to make you wait. Same goes for vehicle traffic.

• 2 months later...

I am doing the NCL Dawn Bermuda cruise in September and was hoping to book a return flight for 11am while opting to do the easy walk off option and take my own bags. Has anyone ever had a flight this early and had problems? Doe anyone think this is a mistake or should I be fine?

I am doing the NCL Dawn Bermuda cruise in September and was hoping to book a return flight for 11am while opting to do the easy walk off option and take my own bags. Has anyone ever had a flight this early and had problems? Doe anyone think this is a mistake or should I be fine?

To skip traffic, Book a water taxi direct from the pier to the airport across the harbor. ; http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/water-taxi/

Edited by biker@sea

Last Friday easy walk-off was scheduled to start at 7:30, but they didn't actually clear the ship for passengers to start getting off until about 7:45. I don't know how long the line was or what the transportation situation was like outside the terminal (we were doing immigration for non-US guests from 6:45 until 8:15!)

If it were me I wouldn't book a flight until at least 1. I don't want the stress at the end of a nice cruise vacation. I'm sure others would go for it.

We did the last disembarkation (10 am) in October, and we were in a cab by 11 with how long the line was. I'd say a 1-2 pm flight isn't unreasonable. My suggestion would be for her to take the Silver Line (the SL1) from South Station to the airport. It's just $2 per person, and most of the cars have luggage racks on it.

Thanks hawkeyetlse. I am a Canadian resident so will be in the same position as you I assume. What time were you actually able to get off the ship?
We were not in any rush, so we chose the latest disembarkation color (10am). They said that all non-US passengers had to go through immigration before 7:30am, but when we showed up at 6:45 they hadn't actually processed anyone yet, the place was full of people just waiting. They didn't call the first group in until about 7:15. We were in Group 3 and didn't get out of there until after 8:00. I guess we could have been off the ship by 8:30 (but again we didn't actually do that).

• 1 year later...

The port is near the airport. You want to make things easy. Use the porters to get your luggage off the ship and to the terminal. Use a taxi back to the airport (not lugging bags on and off buses and trains). All time for traffic. A noon or 1 pm flight should be fine.

I think the 3 or 4pm suggestion is overly conservative.

We did 1pm flights a few years ago with no problem.

I guess it depends a bit on what your options are. Available flights, backup flights, cost, where you are flying to, etc.

What are the chances of walk out on disembarkation and getting to South Station to catch a 10 AM bus? Sure would make our return home easier!!

Walk off starts about 8 ish.

NCL Tries to have Everbody off the by 10

South Station is like 1 mile or less from the ship.

You could probably walk slowwly to it by 10.:cool: