Are stateroom doors magnetic?

abbyar

Can I hold things to the door with magnets/put up a magnet board? Dh and I like to leave notes for each other and it's an efficient way to do so.

I'm pretty sure the only door that would be magnetic is the entry door.

You may want to consider post-it notes to the mirror.

I doubt any doors are magnetic. Otherwise you'll be having guests watches being pulled to the doors :eek:

I think the question is. Are the doors made of a metallic substance that magnets can be attached to. In which case most ships would be yes.

On the walls in the cabin you can hang things using magnets. I always leave a schedule of planned/booked events on the wall across from the bed. I have never tried the door, but I assume the same, and we have seen some other people using wet/dry boards on their doors. Can't tell you how they were hung, but my guess would be magnets

Safe sailing

OP: If you're thinking of doing door decorations, even magnetic ones, sorry to say but NCL instituted a no door decorations policy on all their ships. :( Just a head's up so you don't waste luggage space to only have it removed from your door. :cool:

Really? We sail mostly on Celebrity and RC and we have our first upcoming NCL cruise. When we go to a port, we always purchase an inexpensive magnet and put in on our cabin door- Never had any problems- only compliments from passengers. Also have seen small chalk boards or white boards so people leave messages for the guests in the cabin.

What is the problem with this? What is NCL thinking?:confused:

We always put a small (3x3) magnet that relates to our home state on our door. It has not been removed in the last 5 years and helps us spot the cabin. It could also be used to post a small note.

We also bring magnetic clips to hold invitations, schedules, dailies etc. They often stick directly to the walls of the cabin or doors. Very handy.

Edited by coldferret

OP: If you're thinking of doing door decorations, even magnetic ones, sorry to say but NCL instituted a no door decorations policy on all their ships. :( Just a head's up so you don't waste luggage space to only have it removed from your door. :cool:

That may be the official policy, but there were decorations on guest doors a week ago on the Sky. We saw them each day, they were not removed. Perhaps it comes down to whether the room steward wishes to enforce the policy.

Personally, we liked the decorations. It was neat to see what the pax were celebrating!

Official policy from NCL is no door decorations. Whether or not the ship, like some other newer policies, chooses to enforce the policy is a different story. For a recent charter I did on Norwegian Pearl, the cruise line actually reminded the charter company repeatedly door decorations were NOT allowed. However, some people after repeated warning did not heed that memo and the door decorations were removed to see if damage was caused. They will assess a fee if there is. Now magnetic can be easily removed and should not leave a mark on the door.

NCL's reasoning was anything on the doors presented as a fire hazard. :cool: It was not charter specific but a new policy NCL stated because they were being compliant with new stricter fire safety standards in the marine industry - their words, not mine. :cool: