2016 Calif. Coastal repositioning....?

Qcruise

We want to pair a repositioning Alaska next year, we've seen in years past they will pair a one night from Seattle to Vancouver or vise versa with a three night down to Los Angeles or San Francisco or San Diego. Now looking at next year at either end of the Alaska season May/Sept. they don't seem to show this combo anywhere. Should we call a rep and ask about this....?? It shows the overnighter but nothing to connect it with....makes no sense to us.....?

We want to pair a repositioning Alaska next year, we've seen in years past they will pair a one night from Seattle to Vancouver or vise versa with a three night down to Los Angeles or San Francisco or San Diego. Now looking at next year at either end of the Alaska season May/Sept. they don't seem to show this combo anywhere. Should we call a rep and ask about this....?? It shows the overnighter but nothing to connect it with....makes no sense to us.....?

If this would be consecutive days on the same ship, the booking would not be allowed as it would be from one USA port (Seattle) to another USA port (L.A., S.F., or S.D.) without a stop at a distant foreign port.

Starting in Vancouver and ending in any USA port would be allowed if it is offered.

I did a Seattle to Vancouver, overnighted at a hotel, and boarded a different ship to Los Angeles the following day.

There were so many ships in port that several people were able to move over to a different ship headed south on the same day.

There were people also getting off the Seattle ship, taking the train back to Seattle to take another ship to Seattle.

I've done a b2b2b from Los Angeles, but one leg always started or ended in Vancouver.

Lots of "options" but you can not stay on the same ship and start and end in a US city.

I think this is why Princess has started short "exploratory" longer cruises as part of the repositioning process.

I did a Seattle to Vancouver, overnighted at a hotel, and boarded a different ship to Los Angeles the following day.

There were so many ships in port that several people were able to move over to a different ship headed south on the same day.

Cr8tiv1, we were with you on that wonderful pairing. Loved it, and met many wonderful CC folks. It appears this opportunity is not available for 2015 or 2016.

Although a shame, it is still fun to fly to Vancouver and take the three day back to L.A. We have come to really enjoy these little getaways, have recently returned from our third northbound trip. A third southbound under consideration for this year, but the schedule is strange.

Perhaps something else will show up on the schedule, but don't discount a three day trip, paired with some extra time in Vancouver. It is a wonderful city. And, if it comes up again, give the five day repo a shot. We did that last year and the full days in San Francisco and Victoria were wonderful.

Cr8tiv1, we were with you on that wonderful pairing. Loved it, and met many wonderful CC folks. It appears this opportunity is not available for 2015 or 2016.

Although a shame, it is still fun to fly to Vancouver and take the three day back to L.A. We have come to really enjoy these little getaways, have recently returned from our third northbound trip. A third southbound under consideration for this year, but the schedule is strange.

Perhaps something else will show up on the schedule, but don't discount a three day trip, paired with some extra time in Vancouver. It is a wonderful city. And, if it comes up again, give the five day repo a shot. We did that last year and the full days in San Francisco and Victoria were wonderful.

Thanks for remembering me. I am terrible with matching names and faces (haha...I was a teacher and this was my nemesis!). Yes, the group that was on the 1 day + 3 day were by far the friendliest group I've ever met.

Doing a Pacific Coastal this fall. Interested?

That's not entirely true. As a former Seattle resident, I always would look for these.

I've started putting together a calendar that I'll upload on my website soon. As you said, with Princess, its not possible in 2015 or 2016, however if combined with NCL or HAL, its possible 2 or 3 times.

You can book a one day from Seattle to Vancouver, stay a day or two in Vancouver, and then sail a different ship three days down to LA. Great way to get to Elite. Our DIL wasn't able to sail due to school so our son did two solos (for 4 credits) and got to Elite before his Panama cruise. We just like staying a couple of days in Vancouver - lots to do there.

We've also done the 3 day in a suite - adds 2 credits and a cheap way to experience the suite that we couldn't afford otherwise.

You can book a one day from Seattle to Vancouver, stay a day or two in Vancouver, and then sail a different ship three days down to LA. Great way to get to Elite. Our DIL wasn't able to sail due to school so our son did two solos (for 4 credits) and got to Elite before his Panama cruise. We just like staying a couple of days in Vancouver - lots to do there.

We've also done the 3 day in a suite - adds 2 credits and a cheap way to experience the suite that we couldn't afford otherwise.

I agree, what better city to cruise into, spend a couple of days and cruise out again. :D