After Vacation Depression

Anyone else get depressed when they get home from a cruise/vacation. I haven't taken a real vacation (or an entire week off of work) in over two years, and forgot how depressing it is when it is over and time to go back to work. Today is my first day back to work after a cruise on the NCL Sky last week (first cruise for my husband and I!) and boy does it suck. Does anyone else experience this and if so, how do you make yourself feel better/when does it subside?

The only thing that seems to help me right now is planning another cruise haha. I really enjoyed our cruise and the ports. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the food on the boat and actually found it to be pretty disappointing but not enough that I'm not already considering another cruise on the same boat later this year. After seeing all the commercials for the Escape I would LOVE to go on a cruise on it, however, I know we wouldn't be able to afford it until next year and thinking of having to wait that long just depresses me more.

So now I'm thinking of booking another NCL Sky cruise this October/November (doing the weekend one that stops in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay as we loved these ports and weren't crazy about Freeport) Have I become addicted to cruising? I can't believe I'm willing to go on the same boat to the same places again just so that I can afford to go back this year instead of waiting until next year to get on a better boat to go somewhere new.

Anyone else get depressed when they get home from a cruise/vacation. I haven't taken a real vacation (or an entire week off of work) in over two years, and forgot how depressing it is when it is over and time to go back to work. Today is my first day back to work after a cruise on the NCL Sky last week (first cruise for my husband and I!) and boy does it suck. Does anyone else experience this and if so, how do you make yourself feel better/when does it subside?

The only thing that seems to help me right now is planning another cruise haha. I really enjoyed our cruise and the ports. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the food on the boat and actually found it to be pretty disappointing but not enough that I'm not already considering another cruise on the same boat later this year. After seeing all the commercials for the Escape I would LOVE to go on a cruise on it, however, I know we wouldn't be able to afford it until next year and thinking of having to wait that long just depresses me more.

So now I'm thinking of booking another NCL Sky cruise this October/November (doing the weekend one that stops in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay as we loved these ports and weren't crazy about Freeport) Have I become addicted to cruising? I can't believe I'm willing to go on the same boat to the same places again just so that I can afford to go back this year instead of waiting until next year to get on a better boat to go somewhere new.

DW is worried she won't be able to go back to work after next cruise.

She has school holidays, back to work for 2 or 3 weeks, 6 weeks off for cruise, last week of year off for DD's graduation and admission 6 weeks off for School Hols. So 3 months off in total, says she may not go back.

Once I get home and settled again, I start looking for another cruise to book; I do tend to book them 12-18 months in advance. I find this does help with the doldrums.:(

Having another cruise booked is always a good plan! :D

LuLu

Yes, I find booking the next one for next year before even going on the planned for this year is best for warding off the post-vacation blues. :D

:( We just completed a repositioning from New Orleans to Boston on the Dawn. We traveled with friends and had a wonderful time touring the city and the subsequent cruise. On the last day before pulling in to Boston our traveling companions said they were ready to go home . . . we smiled and replied that our only regret was not being able to continue!

More than even my DW, I get "sea sick" (depressed at the thought of not being on the sea). We have already booked a B2B2B out of Ft. L from mid-Jan to Mid Feb 2016. That helped, but it's still too long a wait. So I'm researching other possibilities and watching for deals. Just staying immersed in research and talking with DW about possibilities and doing virtual tours of the Emerald Princess that we'll be sailing on in January helps.

You are definitely NOT alone. If we were sitting together we'd probably be talking about cruising where we've been, the ships we've been on, where we'd like to go.

Here's to cruising!

cruise-shipsmall.jpg

I highly recommend not saving up for bigger better ships and not trying other lines that have different atmospheres than what you have experienced with NCL because if you do, you'll just end up more depressed that you can't go on more cruises more often....

I always feel down after getting home from a cruise and I'm retired so don't have to face the back to work issue. After a couple of weeks I throw myself into planning for my next cruise (a good Cruise Critic roll call helps).