Currently on Allure..5/11/15, drink prices astronomical...

Today at Labadee, I purchased my first alcohol drink while at the beach. I received a 6" plastic cup of Labadoozie in it . Total cost was $14.25. This was not with the souvenir cup. I asked the bartender if the amount was correct as I was dumbfounded. He replied; yes it's the same as on the ship. I nicely informed him I had not purchased any alcohol onboard. My hubby and I plan to buy no more this week. We will only be drinking the wine we brought onboard. I am completely flabbergasted. We spoke to some other cruisers that just did an NCL and they said they were blown away by drink prices. They said they paid half to sail on the Getaway as they did the Allure. I have heard many complaints from other passengers about the alcohol prices.

Today at Labadee, I purchased my first alcohol drink while at the beach. I received a 6" plastic cup of Labadoozie in it . Total cost was $14.25. This was not with the souvenir cup. I asked the bartender if the amount was correct as I was dumbfounded. He replied; yes it's the same as on the ship. I nicely informed him I had not purchased any alcohol onboard. My hubby and I plan to buy no more this week. We will only be drinking the wine we brought onboard. I am completely flabbergasted. We spoke to some other cruisers that just did an NCL and they said they were blown away by drink prices. They said they paid half to sail on the Getaway as they did the Allure. I have heard many complaints from other passengers about the alcohol prices.

Yep, that's been the talk of the town.

Oops, my bad. We sailed on the Allure last sumner. I think I'm still shell shocked. LOL. I do realize that this has been discussed on here in recent weeks. I just wanted to share my experience. There are many onboard changes, and they aren't good.

Edited by Esmerelda

Oops, my bad. We sailed on the Allure last sumner. I think I'm still shell shocked. LOL. I do realize that this has been discussed on here in recent weeks. I just wanted to share my experience. There are many onboard changes, and they aren't good.

What other changes are there?

I have to admit if you knew about the recent drink price discussions on here, I am confused why you are dumbfounded as you sound like you read about them?

Edited by Spurschick

We are lucky then as we purchased a special with the Premium Drinks package was included and free gratuities. Sailing April 17 2016 :) PS we like to have a few drinks and cocktails

I think the op is dumbfounded because she paid a price more typical of a larger, souvenir-cup drink. I find this price a little shocking and I think I will have to ask before I order when I come to Labadee this August.

I'm still shell shocked you can't tell the difference between last summer and today. That must have been one strong drink. Well worth the $14.25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on Allure back in 2011, and even back then, paying $9.50 (with tip) for "Drink of the day" seemed really steep...and they let you keep the glass! (I still use the glass, actually :) ) There's no way I'd pay over 14 bucks for a cocktail, that's just insane.

I was thinking the same thing!:confused:

Wow - complaining about a ship in dry dock thousands of miles away is quite amazing indeed.

Also...having been to 2 local restaurants in the past few weeks where similar drinks cost more...it would take more than that to be "shell-shocked".

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Other changes so far this week on the Oasis:

there is no drink of the day, they did away with it on this ship. We have asked 2 different bartenders.

There is no more Viking Crown Lounge, which was one of our most favorite hangouts. It's now for Pinnacle and Suites only.

There are no more movies onbluard in the theater.

I'll post more as I go along for people who are interested.

We are currently on Oasis as well. I have to agree the drink prices are a bit steep. Though I wouldn't say I was surprised.

We only have one drink a day, anyway so it's not too bad. Any more than that and I would say a drink package is probably worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - complaining about a ship in dry dock thousands of miles away is quite amazing indeed.

Also...having been to 2 local restaurants in the past few weeks where similar drinks cost more...it would take more than that to be "shell-shocked".

I think that a slurpee-type drink in a plastic cup for $14 is a bit shocking. Especially since they load up a tray and walk around with them so they're half melted by the time you get one.

there is no drink of the day, they did away with it on this ship. We have asked 2 different bartenders.

There is no more Viking Crown Lounge, which was one of our most favorite hangouts. It's now for Pinnacle and Suites only.

I hope you have a fun time despite the changes. You must not have visited Cruise Critic in a while, since both the VCL conversion and the drink prices have been discussed quite extensively:rolleyes: on here!

There's no more movies?

I'm interested in this one too. Can anyone else comment? It's not that I doubt the OP - but perhaps she just missed it in the Compass. And it's still early in the week. Maybe it hasn't come up yet. :confused:

I have read many of your posts over the years ---- and thanks for posting us about the cost of a drink on Labadee. Easy to confuse the big class ships.

We too have sailed the Allure twice and this upcoming summer will be our first sailing on the Oasis.

I can only pray I do not have my usual mom moment when I post.

Thanks for sharing.......

Edited by Lionesss