HAL Westerdam and Pepsi

Lori Dobson

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I am Leaving on the Westerdam this Sunday for 7 days in Alaska. My question - we have the signature beverage package, and does it include soft drinks? And if so, do they have Pepsi? Also if so, can you get a can?

My husband will shrivel up and die without two Pepsi's a day (at the very least) and it MUST be in a can - he refuses to drink fountain pop. I'm just hoping to avoid lugging two 12 packs on board in Seattle.

Thanks in advance!:)

Edited by Lori Dobson

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I am Leaving on the Westerdam this Sunday for 7 days in Alaska. My question - we have the signature beverage package, and does it include soft drinks? And if so, do they have Pepsi? Also if so, can you get a can?

My husband will shrivel up and die without two Pepsi's a day (at the very least) and it MUST be in a can - he refuses to drink fountain pop. I'm just hoping to avoid lugging two 12 packs on board in Seattle.

Thanks in advance!:)

Maybe just bring one 12 pack. You can pick up more when in port and bring it onboard. We brought 2 12 packs onboard for our last couple of cruises. Really no hassle. If it fits in your carry on bag, real easy.

...... If it fits in your carry on bag, real easy.

I packed my plastic bottles of Diet Mt Dew in my checked luggage.

FWIW you can order several unopened sodas or Perrier water at one time at the ship's bars with your SBP,

No need to pack soft drinks. Of course, I'm assuming you're either driving to the port or buying the Pepsi after you arrive in the departure city. Buy a 12 pack or 24 pack, slap a luggage tag on it, reinforce the cardboard all the way around with clear packing tape. Of course, the tape seals & protects the luggage tag too. We have never had a problem, but we refrain from opening a drink immediately after it's delivered to the cabin. Allow time for the drinks to "settle." Enjoy your Pepsi.

BTW, as a courtesy, consider wrapping the Pepsi can in a napkin or using a "can holder." HAL does have a contract with Coke products, and wait staff did ask our son to cover the Pepsi logo while on board. Since then, we've placed Pepsi cans in the holders & no one has any idea what we're drinking. We generally dispose of the can in our cabin too so as not to leave the empty can on a table in a public space.

Just returned home from the first Westerdam sailing of the season. It was AMAZING! Everything was perfect, from the weather, the food, the ports of call. You will have an amazing time. Be sure to be outside on deck 10 for Glacier Bay. We got up there at about 7:30, dressed for the weather, Layers, hats & gloves, and hung out there until 11:30, You will not be disappointed. You can run inside to get warm and there the green pea soup in the Crows Nest. Almost a spiritual journey. It Sitka, there is a grocery store within walking distance of the drop off area if you need to make a stop for anything. Easy to find. I loved this cruise, My favorite of all! The food on the Westerdam is wonderful. Be sure to order room service, order it the night before so there is no waiting. HAL may be my favorite cruise line now :) Enjoy, have fun, be prepared to be amazed!

Just returned home from the first Westerdam sailing of the season. It was AMAZING! Everything was perfect, from the weather, the food, the ports of call. You will have an amazing time. Be sure to be outside on deck 10 for Glacier Bay. We got up there at about 7:30, dressed for the weather, Layers, hats & gloves, and hung out there until 11:30, You will not be disappointed. You can run inside to get warm and there the green pea soup in the Crows Nest. Almost a spiritual journey. It Sitka, there is a grocery store within walking distance of the drop off area if you need to make a stop for anything. Easy to find. I loved this cruise, My favorite of all! The food on the Westerdam is wonderful. Be sure to order room service, order it the night before so there is no waiting. HAL may be my favorite cruise line now :) Enjoy, have fun, be prepared to be amazed!

Thanks so much! This is actually our second Alaska sailing - we did the exact same itinerary about 10 years ago and really loved it. Will be interesting to see the changes in the ports. Very glad you had such a great time!