Dream Class

Crusin Hogs

After sailing the last 2 years on The Dream ,The Magic , and The Breeze , We are awaiting The Vista , We would sail on The Breeze again , It is the best of the fleet . We would never consider going back to the older ships after sailing on The Dream Class. Would it be hard for you to go back on the older ships after you had a taste of the newer ships ?

As you can see from my signature, we've sailed twice on the Fantasy then the Triumph, Conquest and Freedom (booked on the Dream for November :D). I think that I would enjoy sailing on the Sunshine which is the same size as the Triumph and I wouldn't mind sailing on the Triumph again. Now, things may change once I've sailed on the Dream, but at this point, I would sail either of those...the Fantasy class, NO!

After sailing on the Breeze twice, I would probably never be happy on one the non dream-class ships... In fact, I have sort of "defected" to NCL until the Vista comes out, with 2 trips booked on the Getaway...

I've sailed on the Dream and Breeze and will be doing Breeze again this summer and then Vista next summer. After sailing on Elation and Fascination I will never do anything but a new(er) Dream or Vista class ship. Just did not like the decor and the slightly run-down feel of those ships.

I have sailed the older ships many several times after cruising on the Dream class. I like the Conquest-class ships the best. Dream class is a little too big for me. The Conquest-class are a little bit older but they have the same upgrades as the Breeze they are just a little smaller.

I agree with those that loved the Dream. Great ship, and crew. My 1st cruise was on the Fantasy when it was modern, and didn't like it then. The Triumph was fine, but pales in comparison to the Dream. I'm now booked on the Vista for March, 2017, and can't wait.

Have cruised the Elation, Sunshine, and most recently, then Magic. New ships are nice, but the main thing I don't like about the Dream class is the extended promenade deck. I like to sit on my balcony and look down at the water, and I prefer being on a higher deck vs a lower one for a cove balcony. We are sailing the Freedom in September and really looking forward to it. Age of the ship doesn't matter to me, as long as it has some of the upgrades. Going on the Dream next year, but only because my parents are booked.

Have cruised the Elation, Sunshine, and most recently, then Magic. New ships are nice, but the main thing I don't like about the Dream class is the extended promenade deck. I like to sit on my balcony and look down at the water, and I prefer being on a higher deck vs a lower one for a cove balcony. We are sailing the Freedom in September and really looking forward to it. Age of the ship doesn't matter to me, as long as it has some of the upgrades. Going on the Dream next year, but only because my parents are booked.

If I go on a Dream class ship in a Balcony it will always be the Cove Balcony. The balconies above the Lanai have no privacy and the view is blocked by the deck. The Cove Balcony is private and close to the water.

Our first Carnival cruise was on a Fantasy class then followed by the Dream. We have sailed the Dream again along with Fantasy class again twice. We have two more cruises booked for this year, one on the Elation (Fantasy Class) and the other on the Magic. Sure the Dream class are nice, but you can't beat the prices on the Fantasy class ships. I really don't have any overall preference. I do like the pasta bar on the Dream along with the Lanai BBQ on sea days.

I have sailed on the Dream 3 times and really enjoyed her but in between we sailed on the Imagination twice. I think the smaller ships have a lot going for them. The bells and whistles don't make the cruise for me. I love just being able to watch the sea.

The breeze is my favorite too. As you can see in my signature I sail any of their ships. I have a blast no matter what ship I'm on. We will be on the dream in less than 2 weeks and I will miss not having a guys burger. :mad:

The Dream is by far my favorite ship, and the Breeze was good. Breeze would've been much better if the shows weren't Playlist Productions. I have also sailed & enjoyed Magic. But, I would still be able to enjoy the Splendor or Triumph again. I would have no problem going back to older, smaller ships, as long as the ship didn't have Playlist Productions, and if the price was right.

I would definitely sail and have sailed the older ships. The Breeze was a great ship and the Dream was ok. I really prefer the fantasy class ships and their sizes. Also like the Serenity deck feels more isolated that the Serenity on the newer ships. If the Fantasy class went on longer cruises (eastern carib.) then that is what we would be booking for this summer, but they mostly go to the Bahamas and that really isn't all that great (for me anyway).

I would definitely sail and have sailed the older ships. The Breeze was a great ship and the Dream was ok. I really prefer the fantasy class ships and their sizes. Also like the Serenity deck feels more isolated that the Serenity on the newer ships. If the Fantasy class went on longer cruises (eastern carib.) then that is what we would be booking for this summer, but they mostly go to the Bahamas and that really isn't all that great (for me anyway).

I agree with this. The Magic is a great ship. I wasn't impressed with the Dream. I would also sail the Fantasy class ships more if they didn't go to Nassau, Freeport, and Progreso.

Would it be hard for you to go back on the older ships after you had a taste of the newer ships ?

Not at all. I liked the Imagination and would sail it again. I am also sailing on the Splendor in November.

The Breeze was nice but its not the best ship in the fleet IMHO. Its a good ship but not so awesome that it kills the other ships for me. To me its just a bloated Conquest class.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I sailed the Dream back in 2013 and loved her! I sailed the Pride last month and loved it as well. I've done the same with NCL...sailed the Epic and Getaway and then a bunch of their smaller ships. I love them all (even though I have my "favorites" in both the bigger and smaller ship categories) and would sail just about any of them. Yes, the bigger ships have all the bells and whistles, but I do find myself missing the smaller ships sometimes and the relaxation of them, easier to get around and not as crowded. :D

The Breeze is on my "to-do" list for sure!!!

I would take one of the smaller/older ships. I took Splendor in Nov and then cruised Paradise a month later.

I like to experience all classes of ships, so I am all over the place. I don't like to repeat a ship, or even a class of ship if I can help it. There are so many to "test drive". Here they are so you can see I jump around.

Emerald Seas 1977

Carnival Legend 2010

Celebrity Solstice 2010

NCL Epic 2011

HA Oosterdam 2011

Carnival Miracle 2011

NCL Star 2012

Carnival Freedom 2013

RC Adventure of the Seas 2013

Carnival Splendor 2014

Carnival Paradise 2014

NCL Sky 2015

Lately I have been thinking about doing more of the larger ships including:

Oasis class and Quantum class

NCL, Getaway and Escape

Princess, Royal or Regal

Dream class particularly Breeze

Of course Vista and on the smaller side Sunshine

We will be setting sail on our 19th cruise this coming Sunday on the Carnival Dream. A couple years ago with sailed on the Carnival Breeze over Thanksgiving and then set sail on the Carnival Imagination the following week. I like to compare it to the Strip in Las Vegas versus Fremont Street. I have love all thirteen ships sailed on and always am treated with generosity from each crew member. Maybe not other passengers, because it is impossible to make some people happy. Happy Cruising!

We sailed on Dream 6x when she was in Pt Canaveral. We prefer to sail from there and did sail on Liberty after the 2.0 upgrades. I like the Conquest class as well as the Dream class.

My next two cruises are not from Pt Canaveral, but we are sailing on Dream for both of them. I think the extra time we are spending in NOLA for the first one will make our vacation even better.

After sailing the last 2 years on The Dream ,The Magic , and The Breeze , We are awaiting The Vista , We would sail on The Breeze again , It is the best of the fleet . We would never consider going back to the older ships after sailing on The Dream Class. Would it be hard for you to go back on the older ships after you had a taste of the newer ships ?

Nope- I'd sail the dream again in a heartbeat. It actually has a mud room that the Breeze didn't have. Don't get me wrong- we loved the Breeze, currently she's our favorite ship. But to neglect every other ship in the fleet would be too restrictive for me.