Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Yep that's what it sounds like. Not everyone uses Tapatalk though, so I didn't want people thinking that just because they reply to a thread means they are subscribed which isn't true especially when using the desktop version. You have to manually subscribe to threads there.

I was just offering feedback based on my own experience. Sorry it didn't cover every angle. I don't get cruise critic notifications, so I left that out. I've never had to specifically subscribe to a thread I participated in with tapatalk. I get every notification in it once I reply. I have subscribed to threads that I never replied to. Just so I can follow the conversation.

I guess folks can figure it out. Wasn't trying to confuse anyone.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I was just offering feedback based on my own experience. Sorry it didn't cover every angle. I don't get cruise critic notifications, so I left that out. I've never had to specifically subscribe to a thread I participated in. I get every notification in it once I reply. I have subscribed to threads that I never replied to. Just so I can follow the conversation.

I guess folks can figure it out. Wasn't trying to confuse anyone.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No worries. I imagine there is a small percentage of us that use Tapatalk vs the mobile app or the desktop version. I find Tapatalk to be much more user friendly vs the other ways. Especially now that they changed the desktop version. I still don't like it.

Thanks for the advise! I will start checking AARP daily

There's nothing official. Once you post on one of the threads, you are technically "subscribed" to it. Anytime it updates with a new post, you will receive notification. Whichever way you have your notifications set up. Unfortunately, not every post is specifically about the cards being available. So you will get alot of unnecessary notifications. I use the tapatalk app for my phone and anytime anyone makes a new post, it shows up on my phone as a little taapatalk icon.

The best way to get these cards is to check for yourself. Whenever I'm ready to buy them, I check the rewards pages like a maniac. Somtimes 5, 10 times a day. And I have both Verizon and AARP bookmarked on every device I touch throughout the day. Yes it's a tad obsessive, but I don't care. Rarely in 2 1/2 years have I missed when they were available.

I assume to use these on a booking, you have to book through Carnival, correct? I have points on a Chase credit card that I can use to pay for part of my cruise. If I do that though, I have to book through their portal. The cost is the same as booking through Carnival, but I'm just wanting to make sure that I couldn't use these gift cards to pay the balance if I book through the Chase portal.

Hope that make sense. Thanks!

I assume to use these on a booking, you have to book through Carnival, correct?

You may book through a TA or PVP, but it is generally easier to book online when paying by gift card. My first cruise was booked through Priceline, which meant that each payment required a phone call and generally a lengthy wait on hold to relay the card number to them, and then for them to process the payment with Carnival.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

No worries. I imagine there is a small percentage of us that use Tapatalk vs the mobile app or the desktop version. I find Tapatalk to be much more user friendly vs the other ways. Especially now that they changed the desktop version. I still don't like it.

Me either. For starters, you need sunglasses on to read the screen!;p

A couple posts back someone said ''these are gift certificates for new bookings'' were they talking about RCCL or the Carnival cards from AARP? I've been trying to snag some from aarp, but if they're only good on new bookings I won't feel so upset when seeing ''sold out'' every time.

A couple posts back someone said ''these are gift certificates for new bookings'' were they talking about RCCL or the Carnival cards from AARP? I've been trying to snag some from aarp, but if they're only good on new bookings I won't feel so upset when seeing ''sold out'' every time.

Royal Caribbean can be used only for new bookings.

Carnival GCs can be used for practically any transaction with Carnival - deposit, balance, spa, excursions, Fun Shops, etc.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

Royal Caribbean

I checked verizon and AARP and they both state sold out for gift cards. :(

They were available late last night EST and have usually gone on sale on many Fridays. It seems like they have been available on both Verizon and AARP at the same time and the purchasing window is usually just a few hours before they are sold out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

;)

Where on the AARP site do you look for the gift cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AARP.org : Sign in / Look on top for > Reward for Goods > Visit the rewards Catalog > Gift cards > Travel > Carnival

or

rewards.aarp.org : Sign in > Gift Crads > Travel > Carnival

Edited by Vipertrek

Thank you!! Found it[emoji1360][emoji108]🏼

And two more questions....

1. Once you purchase it, is it mailed to you or is it a digital code?

Also,

2. How do you apply it to your Carnival account so you can buy cheers and pay gratuity ahead of time?

Edited by rachella

AARP $100 are avaiable...just grabbed one finally!

I was hesitant to purchase more as I don't know how long they take to arrive and I want to use these on my upcoming April cruise. Anyone know about how long these take to ship????

AARP $100 are avaiable...just grabbed one finally!

I was hesitant to purchase more as I don't know how long they take to arrive and I want to use these on my upcoming April cruise. Anyone know about how long these take to ship????

The cards usually arrive within a week of purchase. If total purchase is less than $100 they arrive by USPS mail, if $500 or more they are shipped UPS, signature required. Hope this helps. :)

The cards usually arrive within a week of purchase. If total purchase is less than $100 they arrive by USPS mail, if $500 or more they are shipped UPS, signature required. Hope this helps. :)

How do i apply my gift cards to my carnival acct so I can pay for Cheers and Gratuities ahead of time?

How do i apply my gift cards to my carnival acct so I can pay for Cheers and Gratuities ahead of time?

Purchase Cheers online through cruise manager site and list the gift card numbers and pins as payment when checking out. That's how I did it. I have read of people who have had issues with paying part with gift card and the other part with credit card. I paid for Cheers entirely with gift cards, then applied the balance left on one card to another cruise I have coming up in December.

I am not sure, but to prepay gratuities with gift card you might have to call Carnival and have them add gratuities and apply gift card. I always add gratuities when booking so they're listed in my cruise details and get paid as I pay on the cruise.

Purchase Cheers online through cruise manager site and list the gift card numbers and pins as payment when checking out. That's how I did it. I have read of people who have had issues with paying part with gift card and the other part with credit card. I paid for Cheers entirely with gift cards, then applied the balance left on one card to another cruise I have coming up in December.

I am not sure, but to prepay gratuities with gift card you might have to call Carnival and have them add gratuities and apply gift card. I always add gratuities when booking so they're listed in my cruise details and get paid as I pay on the cruise.

Super!![emoji12]thank you!!

So I assume then if you have extra gift cards for your S&S acct, you don't add the funds ahead of time, you turn them in at GS when boarding, correct?