Connecting Multiple Balconies - Silhouette

canuckinindia

Finalizing a group booking of Family and Friends on Silhouette for an Eastern Caribbean Cruise in the new year.

Travel Agent has offered us a block of contiguous rooms in Aqua Class (1574-1590)

Booking the rooms all together in the hopes of opening the barriers and connecting the balconies. I've heard this is possible in some but not all rooms, because of columns, walls etc. Any place I can find out if this expansive balcony run is possible :)

Finalizing a group booking of Family and Friends on Silhouette for an Eastern Caribbean Cruise in the new year.

Travel Agent has offered us a block of contiguous rooms in Aqua Class (1574-1590)

Booking the rooms all together in the hopes of opening the barriers and connecting the balconies. I've heard this is possible in some but not all rooms, because of columns, walls etc. Any place I can find out if this expansive balcony run is possible :)

Generally on the S class ships this is possible but as you stated there could be some blockage on the run. Don't know how you could find out with absolute certainty.

You should be ok. The struts that partially block some of the dividers join to the deck below, not to deck 11.

Phil

I hear of people doing this, but the lack of privacy would make me twitch. I can just imagine getting up in the morning, wandering over to the balcony door in my jammies, pulling open the curtains... and being face-to-face with my brother in law and four little nephews!:eek::o

I wouldn't feel like I could so much as scratch my armpit without going into the bathroom or pulling the curtains. I could just imagine all the little nephews "Oooh, Auntie Lisiamc, why are you pulling the curtains? What are you going to do? When will you be done? Why can't we come in? We like your cabin better!"

Oh do you mean like this?

CS15GP_%25200238-XL.jpg

Just ask your cabin steward on embarkation. Photo from Silhouette March 2015 Deck 10 Port side mid-ship Cabins 1091,1093, and 1095.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

You should be ok. The struts that partially block some of the dividers join to the deck below, not to deck 11.

Phil

That's true for the AQ cabins up forward of the hump on Silhouette. The support beam comes down on every other stateroom on Deck 10 to support the pool deck, but back aft on Deck 11, the support beam come down on the AQ cabins on Deck 11 to support the buffet area.

It's a little different on Reflection since they added an additional deck. The support beams come down on Deck 11 forward, and Deck 11 back aft.

Yes you are right. I was answering for the OP and the part of deck 11 they are proposing, which is forward of the hump.

Phil

I was just adding additional information as others read these threads.

Note from the picture above, if you have a stateroom with a support beam, the partition will open (see photo), but you have to step over it to get to the next balcony.