Horn Battle a good memory from Astoria OR.

gwsster

https://youtu.be/PCYwL_4uKfk. We were on the NCL Sun last September and we were the last ship out of Astoria for the season. We had a lady who was at the dock playing bagpipes and so many locals to welcome the tourists into Astoria. When the ship was pulling out we heard ships horns but couldn't figure them out. A nice lady from Astoria was on our ship and laughed and said "That's Jim" he is in that truck below. The passengers had such a good time watching the horn battle between the truck and the ship. Thought I would share this video I found online. Edited by gwsster

https://youtu.be/PCYwL_4uKfk. We were on the NCL Sun last September and we were the last ship out of Astoria for the season. We had a lady who was at the dock playing bagpipes and so many locals to welcome the tourists into Astoria. When the ship was pulling out we heard ships horns but couldn't figure them out. A nice lady from Astoria was on our ship and laughed and said "That's Jim" he is in that truck below. The passengers had such a good time watching the horn battle between the truck and the ship. Thought I would share this video I found online.

The folks in Astoria are some of the nicest anywhere - one of our favorite port stops and excellent day when we went back in 2009. They had locals meeting passengers on the dock and were very nice. There is a poster on here that lives either in Astoria or very close.

The folks in Astoria are some of the nicest anywhere - one of our favorite port stops and excellent day when we went back in 2009. They had locals meeting passengers on the dock and were very nice. There is a poster on here that lives either in Astoria or very close.

One of my favorite stops and being from CA want to do a drive up to Oregon and through Washington. I do agree, the folks from Astoria were wonderful and so welcoming

One of my favorite stops and being from CA want to do a drive up to Oregon and through Washington. I do agree, the folks from Astoria were wonderful and so welcoming

We did a cross-country road trip last year and spent two weeks in Oregon, including four nights on the coast. We spent one night in Astoria and had a blast. (We'd been there twice before on cruises.)

If you like beer, there are four or five brewpubs in Astoria. Last year we tried Buoy Beer Co. and loved it. Check out the Plexiglas floor to see the seals on the dock below.