Cruise personaliser question

Jo and Rob

Actually I have two questions. :o

1. How do I link my cruises to my log in on the left so I don't have to go through the whole date of birth and booking number? When I log in on the left it says no cruises found despite having two booked!
  2. Why do excursions show in dollars for our British Isles cruise but the drinks packages show in pounds sterling?

Edited by Jo and Rob

This morning I also signed into my cruise personaliser as I always do to look at the cruise I have booked. When I clicked on my upcoming cruise said I had to fill out the booking number birthdate etc to access the cruise. I have never had to do that in the past. When the sign in came up it showed my last name as spelt wrong which it has always been right in the past. Will have to call princess and find out how this happened.

1. How do I link my cruises to my log in on the left so I don't have to go through the whole date of birth and booking number? When I log in on the left it says no cruises found despite having two booked!
  2. Why do excursions show in dollars for our British Isles cruise but the drinks packages show in pounds sterling?

Did you call Princess and ask them?:)

This morning I also signed into my cruise personaliser as I always do to look at the cruise I have booked. When I clicked on my upcoming cruise said I had to fill out the booking number birthdate etc to access the cruise. I have never had to do that in the past. When the sign in came up it showed my last name as spelt wrong which it has always been right in the past. Will have to call princess and find out how this happened.

mrsihopes, I couldn't believe it when I looked at your location. I know there's someone other than me that lives in Tehachapi and cruises Princess, but have never seen her post. You wouldn't happen to be the person we met on a 14 day Alaska some time ago, and again later on a Hawaii cruise, would you? We never did manage to exchange emails or any other contact information. If you are that person I would be more than happy to give you my email so we could talk without bothering others on this board. And I apologize to every one out there for this interruption. When you find someone else in your small town posting here it's exciting.

I asked the same question about prepaying excursions for our British Isles cruise .

I thought it strange that drinks packages and prepaying gratuities was shown in £ s but excursions in dollars.

I was hoping to prepay and save a few pounds because the exchange rate for the gratuities works out at $1.66

Someone suggested I telephone Princess direct

mrsihopes, I couldn't believe it when I looked at your location. I know there's someone other than me that lives in Tehachapi and cruises Princess, but have never seen her post. You wouldn't happen to be the person we met on a 14 day Alaska some time ago, and again later on a Hawaii cruise, would you? We never did manage to exchange emails or any other contact information. If you are that person I would be more than happy to give you my email so we could talk without bothering others on this board. And I apologize to every one out there for this interruption. When you find someone else in your small town posting here it's exciting.

I do not believe I am the same person you met on those cruises, but then again we have been on cruises to Hawaii and Alaska before on princess. You may have seen me around town, I drive a white Rav4 with WOULD RATHER BE ON A CRUISE on my back window. Small world we live in if you see me give me a honk... :)

I just now logged onto the Princess site to see if things were working normally for me. I logged in at the top and then clicked on My Princess and everything was there as it usually is. It's odd that it isn't working for some people. Given the Princess IT record it may be browser related and only people using a certain browser have problems. I use Firefox. (I've use Firefox for my browser ever since it launched. I also use Thunderbird for my mail. I would hate having to log onto some stupid web site to get my mail!)

Edited by Thrak

I would also like to be able to just log in and see my cruise. I just tried Firefox and it still does not work. Is it because I booked through a travel agent?

Once you login you have to click on the My Princess link at the top of the page to get to your booked and saved cruise info.

1d9sbsTG37ie+dpw1OzffT49zwhf8ZeRnUJAF+RkUZEF+BgVZkJ9BQQ78ADdeHlfY+ILHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I first click Login/Register. Email address and password blanks pop up so I complete those then click Login. Clicking "My Princess" gives all the cruise details.

Any personal information you want to add seems to go under my profile with you updating telephones, addresses etc. right down to whether you want to be called by first/last name by crew!

If you click cruising history you should see all your cruises listed back in time presumably to 2010/11 Crown Princess/Oceana.

It seems to work for me fine but I do update details and new bookings and completed cruises take 24 hours to update by the cruise line.

Regards John

Unfortunately I just get:

There are no bookings associated with your sign in. You can still access your booking by completing the information to the right.

If you need assistance please contact us at 0843 374 4444

I did go onto my Princess but again no bookings and I can't see any cruising history!! I can't see a summary of previous cruises or the fact that I am Platinum. I'm trying to avoid the dreaded phone call. It works fine if I put my booking number in on the right. Very strange.

Unfortunately I just get:

There are no bookings associated with your sign in. You can still access your booking by completing the information to the right.

If you need assistance please contact us at 0843 374 4444

I did go onto my Princess but again no bookings and I can't see any cruising history!! I can't see a summary of previous cruises or the fact that I am Platinum. I'm trying to avoid the dreaded phone call. It works fine if I put my booking number in on the right. Very strange.

In that case I would simply call Princess. They may have more than one Captain's Circle number for you or some other email address linked to your account. They should be able to fix it for you quickly and easily.

Yes it is a good idea to phone them at Carnival House. They should be able to sort things out pretty quickly. I have had a couple of problems over the years like having two separate Captains Circle identities due to booking with a US travel agent but they sorted it all out and I have loaded all my cruises in back to 1968.

Regards John

Wondering how you got on with the login issue? I just registered my email address for My Princess login and it is telling me I have no bookings, yet I can sign into my booking on the right side. I also booked via a travel agent so was thinking this may be the reason, but was hoping that there would be a link to add in the booking number to the My Princess so I don't have to keep pulling out the booking invoice all the time.

The onboard currency for that cruise (and most Princess cruises) is USD, with excursions priced in USD. Your booking currency (based on where you booked from) is GBP, and this determines your cruise cost.

If you buy the drinks packages on board, you pay in USD (and probably pay a conversion fee to your bank). If you prepay a drinks package, you pay in GBP (probably at an attractive exchange rate). The same applies to gratuities.