Room Service for Haven

acharris1

Is the Haven also now charged $7.95 for room service?

From what I have been reading on here if you are in the Haven then if you do call for room service they will redirect it to your butler so you won't be charged the charge. Or cut out the middleman and call your butler for whatever it is you like. If it is for one of the speciality dining you still need to pay the coverage charge if you don't have the UDP.

But good luck getting anything timely from the over-booked butlers.

Except for the fee, I'd rather have regular room service respond for routine food requests.

Had butler service in January, on Getaway, and everything was handled in a very timely manner. Sorry if you had something different.

Edited by Beaver1975

With our upcoming Haven cruise and perusing the older threads on tipping, I'm considering giving the butler, concierge, and steward a little cash at our first meeting. After all, TIPS is an acronym for To Insure Prompt Service.

Edited by KaralotStables
Correct punctuation.

With our upcoming Haven cruise and perusing the older threads on tipping, I'm considering giving the butler, concierge, and steward a little cash at our first meeting. After all, TIPS is an acronym for To Insure Prompt Service.

What is BRIBE an acronym for?

Is the Haven also now charged $7.95 for room service?
From NCL's website:

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

What is BRIBE an acronym for?

I am unable to find an acronym for bribe but I found the definition relevant to this discussion on tipping. Hopefully this is not considered a "highjack".

Bribe means: payment to a person of trust to corrupt his judgement. In this case an advance on the gratuity would not be a bribe because I have no intention of corrupting anyone's judgement.

In a previous thread on tipping butlers and concierges I read a very interesting post. This CC member had kept in contact with their butler and they became friendly. The poster commented that through their new friend they discovered there is an underground economy (my words, not theirs) where cash is often exchanged for expediting services, i.e. special seating at a show or even getting room service food out if the kitchen quickly.

Rather than have the staff lay out money on our behalf with them not knowing if it will be returned at the end of the cruise, go ahead and get the pot started.

We will never see our concierge, butler, steward again as we will most likely never cruise again. We could leave with that money in our pocket and these three people would be the only ones who knew.

This not how we play the game. The B.,C.,S., can make or break this cruise for us. We gave no problem paying a little in advance TO INSURE PROMPT SERVICE.

I am hoping to make this week an enjoyable honeymoon for us in addition to a bucket list cruise. Looking forward to a week in HeAVEN.

No, its free but for the very high price of a Haven room why not go on a true luxury line where there is no question.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

We like the haven on NCL and not having a dress code like some of the luxury lines that include no jeans after 6pm. We enjoy the laid back feel of NCL.

We like the haven on NCL and not having a dress code like some of the luxury lines that include no jeans after 6pm. We enjoy the laid back feel of NCL.

+1

For what we are paying for our next cruise in the Haven, we could have selected a true luxury line. However, we want the laid-back feel of Norwegian and to be on a large ship with lots of choices to keep us entertained.

+1

For what we are paying for our next cruise in the Haven, we could have selected a true luxury line. However, we want the laid-back feel of Norwegian and to be on a large ship with lots of choices to keep us entertained.

This is us as well. We have no desire to have to follow a dress code more stringent than NCL's or deal with formal nights. I know some people love dressing up for dinner, but my husband has no desire to even think about bringing a tie on vacation (he wears one to work daily). NCL's casual vibe works well for us.

No, its free but for the very high price of a Haven room why not go on a true luxury line where there is no question.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Because we have small children who enjoy the more child-friendly atmosphere of NCL. (3.5 and almost 7)

This is us as well. We have no desire to have to follow a dress code more stringent than NCL's or deal with formal nights. I know some people love dressing up for dinner, but my husband has no desire to even think about bringing a tie on vacation (he wears one to work daily). NCL's casual vibe works well for us.

We sail the Breakaway for the Haven. We're done with the formal wear. We just sailed with 10 of our cruising friends...all suite people...everyone loved the Haven and said nothing compares to the experience! My TA told us we wouldn't be comfortable on the "upper Crust" ships because the cabins are smaller and the atmosphere is stuffy.

From NCL's website:

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change.

So does this mean just The Haven is free of charge ? Not regular suites ?

Off the Dawn last week. Aft Penthouse.

Call Caesar, the awesome, and dessert was delivered from Cagneys was no issues

Also one morning it was late and get he still delivered breakfast with French press coffee.

Ahhh heaven

Also no room service fee.

So does this mean just The Haven is free of charge ? Not regular suites ?
I believe suite are free as well, it is just that I don't think they have updated this since the test on the Breakaway and Getaway, where the suites are all Haven.

Off the Dawn last week. Aft Penthouse.

Call Caesar, the awesome, and dessert was delivered from Cagneys was no issues

Also one morning it was late and get he still delivered breakfast with French press coffee.

Ahhh heaven

Also no room service fee.

Which penthouse were you in, I'll be in 10226 in December our of New Orleans...can't wait.

But good luck getting anything timely from the over-booked butlers.

Except for the fee, I'd rather have regular room service respond for routine food requests.

I've never had any problem getting something from the butler in a timely manner on any NCL ship. Sorry you had a bad experience, but I don't believe that is the norm. One tip is to tell the butler what you want the day before and what time you want it. It makes it much easier for the butler to work efficiently. I often have the butler bring cheese and crackers and a turkey sandwich and cocktails along with the daily hors d'ouerves. He can drop it all off at one time which makes things super easy for him. I order breakfast the night before if I want room service breakfast. But even so, I never experienced more than a 10 minute wait for our butler on any cruise. Still, it does pay to be thoughtful of the butler's time and let him do as much as possible in one load rather than just ordering haphazardly.

TrinaLC, sorry that your experience was not the same as ours. We have never had problems with our butler delivering meals in a timely fashion. We do so sigh similar to SuiteTraveler, the butler knows we will have breakfast in our suite every day, we let him/her know what we prefer for late afternoon snacks (sweet and savory) and what time we would like it delivered and we try to work around their schedule as much as possible. We are early risers and are often our butlers first breakfast delivery of the day. Can you tell us what ship you were on where you experienced problems with your butler?