Excursion Carnival AFTER your cruise BEOFRE your flight? Port MIA and FLL airport

rene194215

I will be in Miami after my cruise on the Breeze and the cheapest flight home is at 410 and its a direct flight. So I will have time. Has anyone done any of the excursions offered by Carnival. There is everglades trip (condition is flights out of FLL must be after 4) this makes me nervous as my flight is 410.

There is also a hop on hop off buss that takes you around south beach or the downtown area. I could probably do this and do one of the loops. The thing here is that they have a 12 or 2 pm run to the airport. 12 seems to early and 2 seems like it might be too late. But if I do this then 12 would prob be best as to be safe then sorry.

Any experiences??

By all means, take the Everglades Tour. You will have plenty of time. You will probably get to the Airport around 2:30pm. Enjoy! I always try to get later/cheapest flight home as long as its not after 5pm.

You could also get a day room at a hotel near the airport. Relax by the pool and then just take their shuttle to the airport. FYI usually have to call hotels to get their day rates, if they offer them. Just another option. :)

We did the everglades excursion last time- It was fine. But I used to live in Florida so had done the airboat/everglades many times. My husband who had never done it enjoyed it a lot more. You will have plenty of time to make your flight!

I'd just go to Fort Lauderdale and ride the Water Taxi. You'll see way more than the Everglades trip, at a fraction of the price.

watertaxi.com

Hop on/hop off at different bars and restaurants, mansions, megayachts, etc.

Don't know when your cruise is but you'd have to put a gun to my head to go on an Everglades tour in the summer.

I second the Everglades Tour.... its fantastic and I love the 'gator show! A great way to spend a few hours before getting on my after 2 pm flight home. They will drop off at either MIA or FLL so be sure to get on the right bus.

I just did the hop on hop off May 9. We were off the ship and shuttled over to bayside marketplace. To catch the buses. The city and beach tours are both 90 minutes. I was able to do the 9:00 tour and could have done a 10:30 and still made the 12pm shuttle to FLL, which got us to the airport around 1. I opted to grab lunch and walk around bayside after the first tour.

I second the Everglades Tour.... its fantastic and I love the 'gator show! A great way to spend a few hours before getting on my after 2 pm flight home. They will drop off at either MIA or FLL so be sure to get on the right bus.

Totally agree. Just did it in April. Was relaxing day before the flight.

We also did the Everglades tour then to FLL last month. We got to the airport about 1:30 so you will be fine. The Everglades tour was fun. You get an airboat ride and then a small gator show. Then there are some you can walk around and see. They have a restaurant for lunch and a gift shop.

Edited by kona_wahine

I booked a 5 pm flight home for my upcoming Conquest cruise since it was nonstop and much cheaper than earlier flights.

Planning on doing the Everglades tour. Think I should go online and actually book it rather than wait until I'm on the ship?

I so rarely do ship excursions I'd sort of forgotten that this was what I was going to do!

We were in a similar situation with MIA/FLL and time to kill. Loved the Everglades tour! One piece of advice, we were there during mosquito season and they strongly suggested bug spray. We bought some (waaay overpriced) spray there at the gift shop. Depending on when you go, you might want to make sure you have the spray or maybe some bug wipes with you!

I bought some that is extra-heavy with DEET before I sailed from San Juan last 11/1. Last thing I need is to come home with some insect-borne disease!

Mosquitoes absolutely love me, so I always make sure I have (and apply) it before I leave the ship on port days and keep it in my bag. I'll be sure to not pack it away the last night.

Am I right that they keep all your luggage with you, right? So we must be on fairly large buses?

Correct. The excursion gets around with large (thankfully well-air-conditioned) tour buses, with one's luggage locked up in the compartment underneath.

I did it a year and a half or so ago in December 2013 and really enjoyed the tour. Like others have said, I wouldn't worry about the time. I was back at FLL before 2:30 pm. (Sadly, as my flight out wasn't until 6 pm.)

Have fun!

I will be in Miami after my cruise on the Breeze and the cheapest flight home is at 410 and its a direct flight. So I will have time. Has anyone done any of the excursions offered by Carnival. There is everglades trip (condition is flights out of FLL must be after 4) this makes me nervous as my flight is 410.

There is also a hop on hop off buss that takes you around south beach or the downtown area. I could probably do this and do one of the loops. The thing here is that they have a 12 or 2 pm run to the airport. 12 seems to early and 2 seems like it might be too late. But if I do this then 12 would prob be best as to be safe then sorry.

Any experiences??

The Everglades tour post-cruise is very worthwhile. I really enjoyed it. They stored our luggage in the bus cargo section and delivered us at the airport in time for our flight home. I think you'd be fine with a 4:10pm flight.