Lack of Summer Cruises

Briitini

I may just be ignorant when it comes to cruising, but it seems there is a lack of 7 day cruising options in June and July... the only lines I can find multiple choices are Carnival and RCCL. I have options where I live (Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral). I am beyond confused about this. NCL only has one ship on 7 day cruises and it's the Getaway. Has it always been like this and I just missed the memo?

Edited by Briitini

Out of Florida, NCL typically had one ship doing 7 day cruises when Getaway arrived. They have short hop cruises on the Norwegian Sky. There are 7 day options out of Boston and New York City but those head to Bermuda. If you wanted to cruise back to your home state you could take the Gem back to Florida. :cool:

Then there's the Med with 7 day itineraries. Norwegian doesn't have as large of a fleet as Carnival who services more of the Caribbean year round from FL then any other cruise line with Royal Caribbean a distance behind.

Out of Florida, NCL typically had one ship doing 7 day cruises when Getaway arrived. They have short hop cruises on the Norwegian Sky. There are 7 day options out of Boston and New York City but those head to Bermuda. If you wanted to cruise back to your home state you could take the Gem back to Florida. :cool:

Then there's the Med with 7 day itineraries. Norwegian doesn't have as large of a fleet as Carnival who services more of the Caribbean year round from FL then any other cruise line with Royal Caribbean a distance behind.

Makes sense. Thank you!!

I may just be ignorant when it comes to cruising, but it seems there is a lack of 7 day cruising options in June and July... the only lines I can find multiple choices are Carnival and RCCL. I have options where I live (Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral). I am beyond confused about this. NCL only has one ship on 7 day cruises and it's the Getaway. Has it always been like this and I just missed the memo?

Have you considered sailing to Bermuda from NJ on the Celebrity Summit? a nice cruise- also NCL Breakaway sailing from NY to Bermuda. Great time to sail to Alaska also and most of the "big lines" sail to Alaska from either Vancouver or Seattle. And if you want to go overseas- the "big lines" also do Europe.

Europe and Alaska have been the itineraies most cruise lines have used during summer months for years. NCL is re-entering the Caribbean market for sailings during the summer next year I think it is, but it still will be very limited. As they add more ships, they will, most likely add more sumemer sailings out of Florida.

Book Sky for 3 nights, then 4 nights and it totals 7! Epic left the scene. I agree with another poster about the heat. Though I live in the heat here in central Florida, we went in April one year and the heat in the Caribbean was a beast to me.