the Lawn grill on Silhouette was it good?

joyhannah

We found the Lawn Club Grill was outstanding on the Silhouette. The staff was caring and the food was top notch. I had a great time cooking our food. Filets, scallops, shrimp and lamb. It was a real special meal.

However, we did the same on the Reflection and were disappointed. Not even close.

We found the Lawn Club Grill was outstanding on the Silhouette. The staff was caring and the food was top notch. I had a great time cooking our food. Filets, scallops, shrimp and lamb. It was a real special meal.

However, we did the same on the Reflection and were disappointed. Not even close.

What was different on Reflection that made it disappointing?

What was different on Reflection that made it disappointing?

We had been on the Silhouette and found the service at the Lawn Club was spectacular and the food was fantastic. Staff went out of their way to make you wanted. For instance, we had ordered the warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. They were out of it but said they would make another batch. While we waited, staff brought over a complimentary bottle of champagne and poured it for us. Now that is service!

On the Reflection, our food was over cooked and the staff appeared to be less than energetic. Food was nothing special considering the price. ($50) Maybe we were spoiled by our experience on the Silhouette.

We had been on the Silhouette and found the service at the Lawn Club was spectacular and the food was fantastic. Staff went out of their way to make you wanted. For instance, we had ordered the warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. They were out of it but said they would make another batch. While we waited, staff brought over a complimentary bottle of champagne and poured it for us. Now that is service!

On the Reflection, our food was over cooked and the staff appeared to be less than energetic. Food was nothing special considering the price. ($50) Maybe we were spoiled by our experience on the Silhouette.

You could have fixed that by grilling everything yourself just the way you like it :D DH had so much fun goofing around with the chefs and can't wait for another lesson in 2016!! He learned a lot!

Edited by Christine Frances

The three of us enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere at the Lawn Grill on Silhouette so much the first time we tried it, we went back again. I say that even though we all felt we had eaten too much there because everything was so delicious. I really pigged out big time the first night, but tried to be more circumspect the second time. We were offered a special rate to eat there twice, but I don't know if such arrangements will be available for your cruise.

There is just one and only one caveat I will offer. The area is not air conditioned. It is open air. Our first night there (early February) was a high wind night. Most people elected to eat as far from the windy tables as possible because of the strong breezes, but we actually liked it and stayed where we were. Others got up and moved. If the restaurant had been fully booked, the only other option would be to leave.

The second night was absolutely ideal, but it occurred to me that should it be a hot evening, my Hubby, who is very sensitive to heat, would not be comfortable.

We plan to sail on Silhouette again and will definitely return to the Lawn Grill.

Edited by Gangway Style

You could have fixed that by grilling everything yourself just the way you like it :D DH had so much fun goofing around with the chefs and can't wait for another lesson in 2016!! He learned a lot!

We let them cook for us the two times we went to dinner, but when we had lunch there the last day of the cruise, I cooked my own food.

The only advice I can offer is to "NOT" pass up on The Lawn Grill our group of six this past March loved it. I will not bore you with the details but if you are interested you can click the link below to my Trip Report where it takes you directly to my details of our evening at the splendid Lawn Grill

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2183066&page=17

Our last night of the cruise I took an informal survey and asked our party to rank the specialties from 1 to 4. The clear winner was Lawn Club from our group.

Screen%2520Shot%25202015-05-13%2520at%25207.50.49%2520PM-XL.jpg

Here is fun video that I posted up on my Vimeo account of our boys making Flatbread.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Our last night of the cruise I took an informal survey and asked our party to rank the specialties from 1 to 4. The clear winner was Lawn Club from our group.

On my cruise, I happened to overhear a couple of people in the pool talking about some really great lamb chops they had eaten onboard. It turns out they were talking about the Lawn Club Grille. I interjected myself into their conversation and we all agreed that they were excellent!

On my cruise, I happened to overhear a couple of people in the pool talking about some really great lamb chops they had eaten onboard. It turns out they were talking about the Lawn Club Grille. I interjected myself into their conversation and we all agreed that they were excellent!

Agree! My Son, Nolan, had never tried them and our waiter insisted that we all try them and Nolan loved them.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We also dined at the Lawn Grill on the Reflection multiple times and it was equally fantastic. Perhaps you had dined their on a bad day.

Another vote for a fantastic meal on Reflection. Best meal of our entire vacation, land or sea.