Amazon Ports of Call

t60

Good morning all,

We have booked an Amazon cruise withthe following Ports of call, but I can't find anything about them on this site....I'm probably looking in the wrong place, but I can't see any info on the Ports of Call board, even using seach....help please for

Santarem, Boca da Valeria, Manaus, Devils Island and Parintins,

Thanks

Sandy in Spain

Boca Da Valeria is a tiny town on the river. Population is about 75, but it is invaded by people from nearby towns when a ship comes. That swells the place to about 200. Some sell some handicrafts. you can also get a canoe ride for a few dollars. We were there with Princess. There were no shore excursions. There is a school and a church. It is a tender port.

Manaus is 1200 miles upriver from the Atlantic. It is the last deep water port. About 2 million people. Beautiful opera house. Prince Charles and Camilla where there when we were. We saw Camilla.

Devil's Island is not on the Amazon. It is off the northern coast of South America and part of French Guyana. No excursions here either. It used to be a french prison. It is also aa tender port. Yellow fever is all over the island. Brazil requires a shot if you go here on the way to Brazil.

On the Ports of Call board for South America, I typed in Santarem, and got this list of threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=71766140

Doing a search for Boca da Valeria got this list (many duplications)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=71766180

Manaus gave me this list:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=71766227

And I believe the yellow fever shot is the reverse: Devil's Island requires the shot if you have visited an endemic area, and the interior of Brazil is an endemic area. EM

On the Ports of Call board for South America, I typed in Santarem, and got this list of threads:.....snip

And I believe the yellow fever shot is the reverse: Devil's Island requires the shot if you have visited an endemic area, and the interior of Brazil is an endemic area. EM

Thanks for the links EM, I was probably doing something wrong when I tried before

Sandy in Spain

Just tried click your links and got this message ,

<Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.>

Nevermind

Edited by t60