Nutrition info

mattp420

Is there anywhere I can find nutrition info for the different meals in the dining room, buffet, etc? We track calories and macronutrients pretty religiously and were wondering if this was available or not. No biggie if not...can always guesstimate

I kinda doubt it too but wanted to ask. You can get semi-close using the myfitnesspal app but will need the Internet package I suppose.

Or I could just count it as a week-long cheat meal! :)

The new MDR menus have those little hearts for low fat type entrees and * for raw seafoods, etc. but none show calories. At one time the old "Spa" cuisine had calorie counts.

For cruisers watching their weight, the trick is to learn about PORTION CONTROL. Order things you know are lower in saturated fats or are reasonably certain they will be. Watch out for the delicious creamed soups. Don't eat everything on your plate. Don't order second entrees or sides. Eat no more than 1/2 of the dessert.

Sam applies to the buffet and other dining choices. It's okay to enjoy a Guys burger or self served ice cream, or the pizza or the hugh steakhouse and Italian servings. Just limit the number of times you do this and follow the PORTIONS suggestions above.

Do exercise, but remember you'll have to walk 5 miles or climb all the stairs on the ship twice to counter a single warm chocolate melting cake and it takes 7 of those in one seating on top of everything else you eat and in addition to your metabolic burn rate (calories per day needed to maintain current weight)to pack on a extra pound.

Edited by crewsweeper

My concern is more with macronutrients than calories, esp protein - I'm actually on a very slow weight gain right now. Dieted down to almost 10% body fat and putting on muscle slowly but surely. So it's a fine line - I want to eat enough but JUST enough and enough of the right kind of food. Or I can just say screw it and take some time off.

My concern is more with macronutrients than calories, esp protein - I'm actually on a very slow weight gain right now. Dieted down to almost 10% body fat and putting on muscle slowly but surely. So it's a fine line - I want to eat enough but JUST enough and enough of the right kind of food. Or I can just say screw it and take some time off.

In all of my 30+ cruises, I have never seen that detailed nutrition information on the ship or online. Carnival's special needs department may be able to accommodate certain requests if you notify them in advance.

Last cruise was my first with high blood pressure. I came back having lost a pound (was very good about ordering 'healthy') but my BP was up 10 points. Suspect I will have to bite the bullet and stop ordering soups...

Heres dessert:D

Calories in Carnival Cruise Line Chocolate Melting Cake (Single)

Nutrition Facts

Carnival Cruise Line - Chocolate Melting Cake (Single)

Servings:

Calories 460 Sodium 0 mg

Total Fat 35 g Potassium 0 mg

Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 35 g

Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g

Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 27 g

Trans 0 g Protein 8 g

Cholesterol 0 mg

Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%

Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Search our food database by name:

If you are currently following a diet that focuses on weight gain and muscle buildup, and not using any protein powders or other assistant agents, you just need to be familiar with the types of foods you eat every day. They are available on the ship. All kinds of protein, eggs, meat beans, etc. for example. And salads and veggies. Just watch for the saturated fats in fried foods and the extra sauces or highly sweetened foods. Not that you can't have any, but limit how much of them you eat. Otherwise, just eat roughly how you eat at home or at a restaurant. You should be fine for a cruise, but watch the overconsumption of protein over the longer term. And have more of your protein in the morning versus the evening. Bring protein rich snacks with you if you think you'll be tempted to step off your new normal diet.

Heres dessert:D

Calories in Carnival Cruise Line Chocolate Melting Cake (Single)

Nutrition Facts

Carnival Cruise Line - Chocolate Melting Cake (Single)

Servings:

Calories 460 Sodium 0 mg

Total Fat 35 g Potassium 0 mg

Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 35 g

Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g

Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 27 g

Trans 0 g Protein 8 g

Cholesterol 0 mg

Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%

Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Search our food database by name:

wow 35 grams of fat. Wonder how much of it is saturated guessing most.

When we were cruising for 15 days, we were concerned about carb due to husband's medical condition. I contacted them before sailing and was told due to the large number of items served and many different sauces, ect, nutritional information was not available. He ended up avoiding things we could not easily figure out carbs for by using the Calorie King book we took with us.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

I don't know if this help those who watch, but I like treats when I'm on vacation, so I order sugar free. My last two cruises I ate good and came home weighing the same. My husband and I also never use the elevators... Those steps are great exercise (besides the gym).

I would love to know the nutritional facts as well though... We count also

It's doubtful that you'll find any nutrient information on the dishes served on Carnival. I even asked how many carbs were in the sugar free ice cream and when looking at the carton, it didn't list any nutritional information. I would say for 7 days you can go off your macronutrient diet, stick with fish and chicken and green salads., then go right back to your usual when you get home. I count carbs so that's fairly easy to regulate on a cruise.

If you are currently following a diet that focuses on weight gain and muscle buildup, and not using any protein powders or other assistant agents, you just need to be familiar with the types of foods you eat every day. They are available on the ship. All kinds of protein, eggs, meat beans, etc. for example. And salads and veggies. Just watch for the saturated fats in fried foods and the extra sauces or highly sweetened foods. Not that you can't have any, but limit how much of them you eat. Otherwise, just eat roughly how you eat at home or at a restaurant. You should be fine for a cruise, but watch the overconsumption of protein over the longer term. And have more of your protein in the morning versus the evening. Bring protein rich snacks with you if you think you'll be tempted to step off your new normal diet.

I have my diet so simplified at home that it would drive some people nuts. Same exact thing day in day out. I eat more than 10 lbs of chicken breasts a week..lol. I didn't remember seeing much in the way of grilled chicken but if I can get ahold of that I'm good to go.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

butter

http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/food-recipes/warm-chocolate-melting-cake.php

And as we're now re-learning about butter, it's not the vile villian the Food Babe and Dr Oz try to make it out to be.

Everything in moderation. Between the butter and cream think I will stick to a spoon or two.

I have my diet so simplified at home that it would drive some people nuts. Same exact thing day in day out. I eat more than 10 lbs of chicken breasts a week..lol. I didn't remember seeing much in the way of grilled chicken but if I can get ahold of that I'm good to go.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

You can get grilled chicken each night in DR but usually chicken lunchtime is made with sauces of varied types.

Many if the ships have a rotisserie ( there's a recent thread about it). Also there is a Paleo thread. Know it's not the same but she was able to get lots of things not sauced up.

Eat right, exercise, and.................... still die. Go ahead and say screw it and take some time off.:D. It's a cruise, have a blast. Judging from all the cheers threads here people are literally drinking more than enough calories before one shred of food hits their mouth.

Eat right, exercise, and.................... still die. Go ahead and say screw it and take some time off.:D. It's a cruise, have a blast. Judging from all the cheers threads here people are literally drinking more than enough calories before one shred of food hits their mouth.

I agree one week or so off won't do too much damage, enjoy all the ship has to offer including food and drinks!

The problem for most people is they gain 3-5 lbs per cruise and than dont take it off