Upgrade? Should I call them?

Dayenu

Got an email with "upgrade" offer where for X amount of dollars I may get a different cabin (lanai).

I don't want any upgrades/upsells, and this is the first time I get such an offer. Should I call them to tell I don't want any changes, or should I just ignore the email?

HAL Maasdam.

When you booked your cruise, did you check 'no upgrades/substitutions' wanted? If not, you may wish to do so in the future. No need to respond to the e-mail. They send out lots of them and issue the upsells to those who respond first.

Edited by sail7seas

LOL. I got my very first "upsell" email today, too, and DH said I should answer it and say "thanks but no thanks". I said it isn't marked RSVP, and I would just ignore it. We want to be on the LP, and we're just going to Alaska to be sociable, so the savings will help us be more sociable!

Now if it were for more that 1 week, I might have been more interested!:D

Probably best to just ignore the email. They send out hundreds of these and if you do not reply, the HAL person does not have to read bunches of emails to find the few who accept. Appreciate it is not polite to ignore the offer but it will make the HAL person's life easier.

When you booked your cruise, did you check 'no upgrades/substitutions' wanted? If not, you may wish to do so in the future. No need to respond to the e-mail. They send out lots of them and issue the upsells to those who respond first.

I don't remember if there was such a button. It was an unexpected vacation, and I was past the final payment, reserved a specific cabin.

quote=Dayenu;46625245]I don't remember if there was such a button. It was an unexpected vacation, and I was past the final payment, reserved a specific cabin.

If you booked it on your own through the Holland America Lines website, place a call to them and tell them you don't want to have any upgrades. If you used a travel agent, call them and they will relay the message to Holland America.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Edited by ger_77

• 3 weeks later...

We were once hounded for an upsell and after several polite refusals and continued requests, my TA said 'they do not want the upsell, what about a rebate on their fare or extra OBC', which HAL did! Might work for you!

Edited by take us away

Boo, they did it again :( I called and said, I asked to make a note on account not to upgrade. The woman said, she'll make a note not to offer any upgrades.

Oy.

There's probably a delay from the time that the note was made and it "connects" so that you don't get the emails.

Just delete it and ignore. No biggie.

Of course, if the price gets low enough, you might be tempted ;):p:D