Recently sailed on Navigator

It was our first time with RCCL. We enjoyed it but noticed some of the cutbacks from other ships/cruise lines. Favorite stop was Falmouth. No one told me how nice the port area was going to be! Why leave it was my motto! Found great free WiFi there as well as fun t-shirts! Got back on the ship only to find that sharing the pool with 5 other people is AWESOME!!!!

Not a huge fan of Galveston, only because it's hard to get to and time consuming to get to it. And, if you hit an accident on the way....LONG wait in traffic! Never had to experience that in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or Puerto Rico, or even Los Angeles.

If it was your first time on RC wonder how you recognized cutbacks. Realizing you said from other ships you had sailed on, but maybe those were just differences between lines, not cutbacks.

Because I asked about specific things we experienced on other lines and was told by crew members that they don't offer/do those things anymore. Does that answer your question?

Because I asked about specific things we experienced on other lines and was told by crew members that they don't offer/do those things anymore. Does that answer your question?

Hardly sounds like a valid comparison.

Falmouth us the worst cruise stop in the Carib. Its a tourist trap. A cruise line created port with cruise line shops. Nothing in the town....

We had to skip it on our last cruise due to high winds, and they took us to Montego bay.... Best thing that ever happened. 5-10 for a cab ride anywhere in the city.... A city that actually had stuff

Could you please be more specific about what things you are talking about? I am genuinely curious since I will also be sailing with RC for the first time and it will also be on Navigator.

Falmouth was one of my wife and I's favorite stop. The city outside of the port area is rich with history and interacting with the locals was eye opening to say the least (at least from what I was expecting from comments from CC). We're definitely part of the younger crowd and never, ever felt in danger outside the port gates.

We have always been given robes in every stateroom we've stayed in on other cruiselines. None for us on RCCL. we have always been given different toiletries like shampoo/shower gel/conditioner/lotion etc. Nothing but shampoo in a dispenser and individual soap in packages on RCCL. We have had options for different kinds of pillows on other lines, not on RCCL. No more chocolate extravaganzas at night. No more burgers/pizza offered all day long near or on pool decks. We have had high tea on 3 other lines every day. Not on RCCL. We have always had other options for food right on the pool deck that is changed up each sea day like Mexican, Italian, etc. Didn't see any on this cruise. These are the things coming to mind immediately.

Edited by willcruiseanythyme

We have always been given robes in every stateroom we've stayed in on other cruiselines. None for us on RCCL. we have always been given different toiletries like shampoo/shower gel/conditioner/lotion etc. Nothing but shampoo in a dispenser and individual soap in packages on RCCL. We have had options for different kinds of pillows on other lines, not on RCCL. No more chocolate extravaganzas at night. No more burgers/pizza offered all day long near or on pool decks. We have had high tea on 3 other lines every day. Not on RCCL. We have always had other options for food right on the pool deck that is changed up each sea day like Mexican, Italian, etc. Didn't see any on this cruise. These are the things coming to mind immediately.

Thank you for clarifying. All of the things you have mentioned, with a little research, you could have been aware of. Examples - robes provided as a perk in suites and for certain levels of C&A society, same thing with toiletries. So much food available all over the place that specific locations would not worry me.

Most of the things you mentioned are frequently discussed on CC. Sounds like you would be happier elsewhere. None of the things you mentioned would be deal breakers for me. Thanks for responding.

The list of what you have includes things that can't be considered cutbacks on Royal since they were not available on Royal before, to the best of my knowledge and we have been cruising on Royal since 2004.

- Robes have never been given to all cruisers -- it is a suite perk and a C&A perk

- Shampoo and soap are in cabins as you describe and other toiletries are available again in suites and as a C&A perk, but I have never been denied them when asked, if I needed it prior to having the perk.

-- I have never been on a Royal ship that every sea day had a BBQ on the pool deck. I have been on one or two sailings where it was done, on a sea day....it was fine and probably more convenient for some -- but it did not change that I went into the WJ for lunch. Other types of food on the pool deck are probably at the discretion of the Executive Chef, but I have not seen that done.

-- Having High Tea has never been a feature on Royal (from what I know).

-- I have never heard of a cabin steward being unable to change someone's pillow if requested. Are they all the same firmness, I can't say.

It makes no sense to decline that these items were cutbacks on Royal when they are simply differences from other cruise lines....I guess the cruise line that offers them, is more to your liking.

Do Junior Suites get robes and other amenities?

JS perks: Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

100% agree with all these comparisons. We have cruised 19 times. Took a 2 yr "hiatus" from cruising and did other types of travels. Retd to cruising Feb 2015 on Navigator and all the above listed items were changes we definitely missed! We've sailed RCL before as well and had previously experienced these I at least thought on ALL the different lines. None in and of themself that will make/break the cruise, but combine them together and they make a difference.

Thank you for clarifying. All of the things you have mentioned, with a little research, you could have been aware of. Examples - robes provided as a perk in suites and for certain levels of C&A society, same thing with toiletries. So much food available all over the place that specific locations would not worry me.

Most of the things you mentioned are frequently discussed on CC. Sounds like you would be happier elsewhere. None of the things you mentioned would be deal breakers for me. Thanks for responding.

Geez. When did I say anything was a deal breaker for cruising. I just put the difference that I noticed. Ya know, I knew when you asked the question that I would have to deal with such a response. You have way too much time on your hands if you enjoy criticizing people's posts.

100% agree with all these comparisons. We have cruised 19 times. Took a 2 yr "hiatus" from cruising and did other types of travels. Retd to cruising Feb 2015 on Navigator and all the above listed items were changes we definitely missed! We've sailed RCL before as well and had previously experienced these I at least thought on ALL the different lines. None in and of themself that will make/break the cruise, but combine them together and they make a difference.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate that you read my review as first hand opinion and nothing more unlike other posters.

I am seeing more and more negetivity directed at posters OPINIONS and what THEY experienced during THEIR cruises. Some of us try to post things that might be helpful or interesting to others who have never cruised or never cruised on a certain line. If you don't agree then why the need to be rude? It's sad really because you ruin it for others. I pointed out what I noticed on my cruise. I never said I would never cruise with Royal again. I pointed out what I missed and assumed would be available to me in my balcony stateroom. No, I don't spend every waking moment on this site so, gosh, I must have missed all those other posts that supposedly would have clued me in to knowing that I wouldn't be getting the things I mentioned. Shame on me. And before you say maybe I'd be happier not even being part of cruise critic, I'm way ahead of you. But maybe in the future you might consider thinking before you post.

I am seeing more and more negetivity directed at posters OPINIONS and what THEY experienced during THEIR cruises. Some of us try to post things that might be helpful or interesting to others who have never cruised or never cruised on a certain line. If you don't agree then why the need to be rude? It's sad really because you ruin it for others. I pointed out what I noticed on my cruise. I never said I would never cruise with Royal again. I pointed out what I missed and assumed would be available to me in my balcony stateroom. No, I don't spend every waking moment on this site so, gosh, I must have missed all those other posts that supposedly would have clued me in to knowing that I wouldn't be getting the things I mentioned. Shame on me. And before you say maybe I'd be happier not even being part of cruise critic, I'm way ahead of you. But maybe in the future you might consider thinking before you post.

I'm with you....far too much negativity on these boards. I too hadn't seen these items listed on cruise critic before our departure. Would it have changed my mind as to whether to sail RCL Navigator - No. For some, though, it may make a difference. You were merely listing factual items and others can then use those FACTS to determine whether these are deal breakers for them or not.

Don't leave cc. As Taylor Swift says.....haters gone hate, hate, hat....shake it off, shake it off..... :)

I am looking for a picture of the Navigator bar that overlooks the pool. We are cruising on a 6 day itinerary starting on 11/22/15. Since it is only 6 days Royal doesn't put together a formal Meet N Mingle. I will set up an 'unofficial' one for the first day meeting at this bar....so if someone has a photo of it, it would be very very helpful.

Have a great day!

I hadn't thought much about some of the benefits you missed, but when I saw the list, I realized that if you have experienced some of these on other lines and then don't see them or have them available, it's much more noticeable than someone who has regularly cruise with Royal for several years. I don't have any problem with someone putting the information out there for others that cruise the various lines and are givin information that could help other first time Royal cruisers. We've seen some of the cutbacks gradually so it's no longer a jolt or obviously a deal breaker because we keep coming back. I remember when we hit a status to have the robes in our cabins and how excited we were. For me, the robes are really HEAVY so now, I no longer use them and send them back so I don't waste space with them in the cabin. I miss the chocolates on the pillows and when they discontinued those, I used to carry a package of them to put on the pillows for a year or two. Never experienced high tea as we are usually out at the pool or on an excursion when tea time would come, so no big loss for us. I color my hair so I never used the toiletries in the room other than the hand lotion which was a nice small size I could drop in my bag. Now I have to remember to buy a travel size to carry with me. BBQ on the deck by the pool happens not every day, but I know of at least one day they do have an outdoor BBQ (maybe sea days...???), but I love the Tutti Salad served in the MDR on sea days better so I usually skip the poolside BBQ. Some of our family LOVE, LOVE the BBQ. I'm sure there are things on every cruise line that differ. After this cruise, we've decided that we are going to try some of the other lines if the price is right and it's an itinerary we would enjoy. Who knows. We might find things we enjoy more on the other lines or we might find ourselves missing some of the perk on Royal. :rolleyes:

I have gone to the MDR for lunch once or twice on cruises....and have to say, that what people rave about -- the Tutti Salad, is of little interest to me. What was on the lunch menu, gave me no options of interest. Since the last time, we agreed to go to the MDR for lunch with others, I had some of the Tutti Salad (more like a little lettuce with a pile of shrimp on it) and coffee.

Others rave about it, in my opinion for me -- it isn't something I would go out of my way to have.....and I say it "in my opinion, for ME".

I'm with you....far too much negativity on these boards. I too hadn't seen these items listed on cruise critic before our departure. Would it have changed my mind as to whether to sail RCL Navigator - No. For some, though, it may make a difference. You were merely listing factual items and others can then use those FACTS to determine whether these are deal breakers for them or not.

Don't leave cc. As Taylor Swift says.....haters gone hate, hate, hat....shake it off, shake it off..... :)

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.