promenade view room

One of the issues with a promenade room is that you can see directly into the rooms across from you and they can see in your room. Unlike a regular outside room that faces the ocean you have to close the curtain anytime you get dressed or just want to lie around in something other than regular clothes.

That is what I hear. Ill have to make sure the blinds are closed. That is one reason Dw doesn't want this type of room

We're cruising on the Navigator and our daughter and boyfriend are booked in one across the hall from our balcony. The size of the room looks like the size of a balcony room which is great. IMO, it looks nothing like an inside cabin. We plan to be in her room for some of the parades.

What I like about a PR cabin is the placement of the bed, the same as in a balcony cabin. If anyone has been in an inside, you know the bottom corners of the bed practically touch the furniture in front of the bed so you can't walk around the bed without lifting your legs real high or sitting down and then swinging your legs over. Yes, PR is a bit larger and I love the bow window with the small couch in front of it. Deck 7 on Mariner no noise issues at all. With all the activities, staying up late, the ship's gentle movement, I sleep better on a cruise.

Having said that, if a balcony cabin were in our budget, we would book it without hesitation.

Enjoy your cruise!

Booked a PR room on deck 7 for my Grandson and a friend on FOS (18 year olds) across the hall from our balcony cabin and the only time you could hear any noise was during the parade...and even then it's muffled and not what I would consider loud. They weren't going to be in their cabin and we asked if we could watch the parade from there. We had expected it to be louder. We asked if they experienced any noise and they said they never heard anything at all.

whats the deal with the ice cream? I guess i missed that.

If you are in 6305 on a Freedom class ship, in addition to other perks, each guest gets one coupon per day for Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

One of the issues with a promenade room is that you can see directly into the rooms across from you and they can see in your room. Unlike a regular outside room that faces the ocean you have to close the curtain anytime you get dressed or just want to lie around in something other than regular clothes.

Your other option is to leave the cabin lights off. Then its like being at home with net curtains, you can see out but because it is darker inside it's almost impossible to see in.

Thanks for the head's up about the incresed tension. Just made a note of that on my cruise papers. I have heard this complaint more than once and I don't understand why they don't do anything about it permanently. We shall see......... I wonder if the noise intensity varies from each Freedom class ship.

Is B&J open 24/7? We usually get back to our room about 1am. I have major hearing loss w/o my hearing aides so I know the noise wouldn't bother me. As for my husband, we shall see. He knows full well what to expect and he's still ok with it.

It's really not the fault of B&J's. The door inside B&J is a passageway from promenade to the inner workings of the ship. The door gets used 24/7 even when the shop is closed

Edited by John&LaLa

We stayed in the Ben and Jerry's Sweet on deck 6 on the Freedom. We never noticed the door noise. We did hear the parades and 70's dance party and had a first class seat to it.

Exactly my point. Some hear it, some don't. So much fun to be part of the 70s dance party right in the middle of all the action. However, I can see viewing the parade from the comfort of our window.