See this new NCL policy? Anything like that happen before?

legion3

Yes. Over Thanksgiving cruise on RCI Grandeur, they were turning people away from club due to capacity. I think this only really happened on one or two nights, but when parents were registering the kids club staff were cleaning telling parents about the capacity limits, and that they would be enforced. We never had any problems, but I think the older age groups hit limits. The teens were not impacted as their room was much bigger.

Yes. Over Thanksgiving cruise on RCI Grandeur, they were turning people away from club due to capacity. I think this only really happened on one or two nights, but when parents were registering the kids club staff were cleaning telling parents about the capacity limits, and that they would be enforced. We never had any problems, but I think the older age groups hit limits. The teens were not impacted as their room was much bigger.

I see a problem with having to wait, but really, if it's full is it really that big of a deal to spend time with your kid? go swimming, play board games, read a book?

We've never used the kids clubs or babysiting. We just switch off who has dd. Dh works and enjoys spending time with dd.

Honestly, I don't see the big deal ,it's full. Just like when a movie is sold out. Find something else to do.

I see a problem with having to wait, but really, if it's full is it really that big of a deal to spend time with your kid? go swimming, play board games, read a book?

We've never used the kids clubs or babysiting. We just switch off who has dd. Dh works and enjoys spending time with dd.

Honestly, I don't see the big deal ,it's full. Just like when a movie is sold out. Find something else to do.

I don't think it's a big deal at all however some kids really enjoy going to the kids club and look forward to it. Plus once in awhile so mom and dad time is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took our first cruise when our five children were between the ages of four and eleven. As a SAHM, I spent plenty of time with them, and loved the fact that I could have a couple of hours relaxing by the pool, instead keeping constant watch over my kids. There's nothing wrong with that.

A few months ago, two of my children took a trip with grandma, and I was surprised at how easy it was to only have three kids!

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of judgment in this post. As someone else said, we spend tons of time together as a family at home. I work three days/wk and my husband works two 24 hr shifts/wk - the rest of the time we are with our DD. So NO it really isn't that big of a deal to "have" to spend time with our child. We don't dump her at camp, in fact, she chooses when she goes or doesn't.

She picks when she wants to go to camp based on what activities they are doing. She really looks forward to it, and would be disappointed to miss out on something she was anticipating. Given that camp is an important part of why we cruise, we'd be upset if it wasn't available.