Johnny Rockets

Ok CC friends please excuse my ignorance- I see all kinds of exciting post about Johnny Rockets. What is the big deal? We don't have any in Arkansas so I'm just not sure what I should be excited about. Does anyone have a menu they can post? We will be on the Liberty in Feb. and i want to share in the excitement!

Thanks-

It's just a place where you can get a fresh cooked hamburger instead of a hockey puck in the wind jammer. It is a good burger and I prefer the chicken sandwich. Just make sure you eat early if you want to eat dinner in the MDR since they supply you with unlimited fries and onion rings, burgers to for that matter. :eek:

It's just a place where you can get a fresh cooked hamburger instead of a hockey puck in the wind jammer. It is a good burger and I prefer the chicken sandwich. Just make sure you eat early if you want to eat dinner in the MDR since they supply you with unlimited fries and onion rings, burgers to for that matter. :eek:

Who needs the MDR when you have Johnny Rockets?

Someone who doesn't necessarily want to pay extra for JR?

Well, it's only $5.95 which is nothing when compared to specialty dining. I'm a burger lover. I doubt we will eat more than once in the MDR this next cruise. Someone said they had a bad grilled cheese. WOW. Loved the crispy buttery bread on the grilled cheese on land. Never had it at sea however.

The JR that was in the local mall went out of business several years ago, it was ok but pretty pricey for food that was just average greasy spoon style food. There is one at a nearby amusement park that is pretty similar although it has the standard amusement park premium price. The main hook to JR is the fifties style American diner, not the food. Just visit the website and it's evident.

Would be interesting to see which actually had more fat in it, the burger or the milkshake.

LOL that's why it tastes so good. :D But in all truth if there was a JR in my area it would not survive. There are to many Pub/Tavern style restaurants that beat them hands down. And I really feel bad that the staff has to do that awful dance. I haven't seen one yet that they look like they are enjoying themselves. A smile yes, happy not.

Edited by BonnieSte

Who needs the MDR when you have Johnny Rockets?

Very true! LOL which is why my boyfriend never makes it to the MDR that night hahaha. Those cheese covered fries does him in every time :D Every time we bring someone new we try to warn them... but noooooo

Edited by BonnieSte

Would be interesting to see which actually had more fat in it, the burger or the milkshake.

Well, they say fat is flavor! :D Actually fat is fat. :p

Well, it's only $5.95 which is nothing when compared to specialty dining... Someone said they had a bad grilled cheese. WOW. Loved the crispy buttery bread on the grilled cheese on land. Never had it at sea however.

Yes, that was me. It was awful. No buttery crispy grilled goodness. It was toast with some melted cheese in the middle. Disgusting and awful and I should have sent it back but I am not one to make a scene. :o My bad.

Anyone who does not like Johnny Rockets (on land or sea), does not have any taste buds.

Interesting. This explains a lot about why you attack people on these boards. You are the ultimate arbiter of taste.

Jim

Can you get hamburgers to go? I know you can get drinks to go but I don't recall anyone getting hamburgers? Might be nice to sit out on the balcony and eat.

Yes, but they will only give you one burger per cover charge if you take it to go.

Interesting. This explains a lot about why you attack people on these boards. You are the ultimate arbiter of taste.

Jim

ha! ha! ha! Jim, you gotta be kidding! After the flame throwing you gave poster wowzz on the Princess boards about European vs North American eating habits, you say I attack people on these boards? I have attacked no one. Your post on that board was uncalled for and very very rude. It's no wonder people think Cruise Critic boards are full of nasty, rude and holier than thou people. End of conversation.

JR is just a quick serve made-to-order burger joint, like many of the other chains you can find across America. Five Guys, Fatburger, In 'n Out, etc. If you like that sort of thing and want some of that while on the ship, it's good. If you don't just skip it.

If we're on a ship with a JR, we hit it once just for the change of pace.

JR is just a quick serve made-to-order burger joint, like many of the other chains you can find across America. Five Guys, Fatburger, In 'n Out, etc. If you like that sort of thing and want some of that while on the ship, it's good. If you don't just skip it.

If we're on a ship with a JR, we hit it once just for the change of pace.

Never been to a fatburger or in and out, but Five Guys is definitely a couple steps above JR.