Ncl Official Cruise attendance thread lol

motleyfan

7 NCL cruises under my belt and another booked for December on Escape.

I'm not loyal to any particular cruise line but since my first cruise was on SS Norway, I keep coming back because I enjoy NCL's ships. They also sail quite a few ships out of Miami so the convenience is a big factor. I just can't get my head around people who post on CC about how awful NCL's business practices are and how it's all about greed and blah, blah, blah. I've come to the conclusion that many people who post on CC are just complainers who wouldn't be happy on any cruise. It takes awhile to sort through the threads to find useful information but I suppose the complainers need a forum to vent. I just hope the people who say they are cancelling their cruises for one reason or another keep to their word. I wouldn't want to be on the same ship with them.

Edited by Diver2014

Check out my signature. Probably 30+ NCL cruises, 4 currently booked, but I have not purchased any more Future cruise reward certificates as I'm not crazy about the direction NCL is going.

Will wait and see. Always looking at all the mainstream lines for what fits our needs and budget

On NCL: Pearl, Spirit, Jewel, Getaway. Latest news about the kids club being capacity controlled below 100 means NCL just fell to right above the horror that is DCL (screaming mass of kids with clueless kids club people and a screaming lunch lady right out of The Wall--and yes, we have multiple DCL cruises, too... same lunch lady!)

Very much a shame... I thoroughly enjoyed riding Sandy out on the Jewel, and the H6 suites on the new ships are perfect for the 3 of us. However, paying almost $8K for 3 of us and being locked out of the one reason my kid happily sails is a deal killer. My next 2 cruises are on RCI.

Been on 4 with a 5th booked.

02 - Sky to Alaska 25th wedding anniversary first cruise ever - got a suite upgrade

03 - Sky to Alaska with the kids

06 - POA around Hawaii - had to get that new ship smell

12 - Pearl to Alaska - mother-in-law wanted to cruise and see Alaska - second sailing in an aft suite

16 - Dawn - Canada and New England - another MIL cruise - first 14 day cruise - booked an SC suite with a MIL room:D

Lately on Ncl forums I've noticed people saying things like I never Cruise Ncl but so it made me wonder how many people who post in the Ncl forums have actually been on NCL cruise? it still counts if you have not been on an NCL cruise but have one already booked.

I have been on 17 NCL cruises. My guess, those who are so negative and say they will never cruise NCL again are 1-going to cruise them regardles, they are just ranting or they really have another favorite line and enjoy rocking the boat (no pun intended) by posting all the negatives they can find. There are a few who, sincerely will not cruise NCL again or until they find all lines have a way of getting more money out of us, but those cruisers are few and far between I am guessing.

I have been on 17 NCL cruises. My guess, those who are so negative and say they will never cruise NCL again are 1-going to cruise them regardles, they are just ranting or they really have another favorite line and enjoy rocking the boat (no pun intended) by posting all the negatives they can find. There are a few who, sincerely will not cruise NCL again or until they find all lines have a way of getting more money out of us, but those cruisers are few and far between I am guessing.

Speaking only for us, we were losing the mojo a bit from our last two NCL cruises (July and Dec 2014).

Having watched the various changes flooding in, (with about as much control, thought and proper planning as a flood IMHO), I do not trust NCL to deliver the product we sign up to any more.

The representations that they make on their website etc. seem to be having a larger and larger disconnect with what ends up being actually provided at the time one cruises.

I do not intend to spend a substantial amount of money on a cruise which does not fulfil my expectations, whilst the new management are fiddling with what they provide. I do not intend to be ripped off by a maverick, self-centred management whom I do not trust.

Knowing what the NCL product used to be - and seeing the trends that it is heading towards; fills me with foreboding as to their future. I shall probably not be a part of it.

We are Platinum on NCL and look forward to many more NCL cruises, always in The Haven. The Haven product is a truly outstanding product that will keep us coming back, especially with the Haven Spa Suite and great spas onboard the newest ships.

I've been on 12 NCL cruises, 3 Disney cruise, 2 Royal Caribbean cruises and 1 Princes cruise.

I have 5 more NCL cruises scheduled.

However.....I'm not very happy with the way the communicate changes.

Harriet

Three cruises on Norwegian Cruise Lines. Norwegian Dream on Western Caribbean 12/17/2005 out of (La Porte) Houston, Norwegian Jewel 9/25/2014 from Los Angeles through Panama Canal to Houston, and Norwegian Jewel on Western Caribbean on 2/28/2015 from Houston (Bayport). The others were 2 Royal Caribbean, 2 Carnival, 2 Celebrity, 1 Princess, and 1 Commodore Enchanted Seas. The last one we booked was a penthouse suite on the Jewel less than 30 days out. We got a great price, UBP, UDP, $300 OBC and VTG gave us another $100 OBC. That was a nice deal!

In years past, I sailed Princess about 5 or 6 times, Celebrity the same, RCL once and Carnival once, sort of but that's a long story. I have sailed HAL 80+ cruises and have my first NCL cruise upcoming. It is going to a real eye opener for me to sail a cruise line I've never before considered after being so comfortable and familiar with HAL. Needless to say, after all those cruises, I know lots of crew/Officers on the ships but don't know a single person on NCL. :D

OP.... does that count?

Edited by sail7seas

I have 42 on NCL since 2006, all but two in suites. Mixed in along the line were 9 sailings with HAL and Princess.

Unfortunately, over the years, the service and food quality on NCL are slipping. The most recent two on Dawn and Getaway, were "the worst cruises ever". I may book NCL again, but only for an incredible deal or unique itinerary.

Right now my preference is Princess, but will be trying Seabourn soon. For close to the solo suite price of NCL, I can get true all inclusive luxury on S.

I really did love NCL. but.......

In years past, I sailed Princess about 5 or 6 times, Celebrity the same, RCL once and Carnival once, sort of but that's a long story. I have sailed HAL 80+ cruises and have my first NCL cruise upcoming. It is going to a real eye opener for me to sail a cruise line I've never before considered after being so comfortable and familiar with HAL. Needless to say, after all those cruises, I know lots of crew/Officers on the ships but don't know a single person on NCL. :D

OP.... does that count?

I did the same thing. I cruised with Crystal and Celebrity (had a number of other cruise lines in there as one or two offs) and then decided to add NCL, because of their relationship with Caesar's Palace. My first cruise was on the Star and it was not great, just OK. OK enough to try another and another and another, etc. I liked the fact that, for a change, I didn't have to dress up for dinner or dress formally on some nights. I found the crew to be just as awesome as those on Crystal and Celebrity. Now, my cruises are just not OK, they are great and I love the experience. I do, however, go on my cruises not comparing one cruise line to another, because they are all so different and each offers a totally different experience.

Lol what you will find is most of us are very frequent cruisers of NCL why else would be here? :eek:

It just feels like all the cruisers that post negative things couldn't possibly be Norwegian cruisers because if they hated it so much wouldn't they leave?

I still consider us newcomers to cruising!

First cruised the Sky, as a taster, in 2011 and got hooked!

2012 was first time on Epic, 2013 was my favourite so far.....Jade to the Greek Islands, 2014 was the Getaway and 2015 will be our 2nd time on the Epic.

We are considering the Breakaway for 2016, but as we are restricted to School holidays at the moment, that one could be our final (for now!) with NCL as the routes no longer appeal.