Helicopter evacuation Rotterdam

jakkojakko

11hr10 central european time a helikopter evacuated a critically ill crewmember from the Rotterdam. All forward decks were cleared and Crowsnest closed. The sea was calm with a gentle swell so the weather was perfect. The helicopter hovered in front of the crowsnest windows and was thus barely visible from the open deck above the Lidopool. A large crowd had gathered to watch this. After a fairly long time it appeared again and flew with a gentle arc over the aft deck back to the coast.

11hr10 central european time a helikopter evacuated a critically ill crewmember from the Rotterdam. All forward decks were cleared and Crowsnest closed. The sea was calm with a gentle swell so the weather was perfect. The helicopter hovered in front of the crowsnest windows and was thus barely visible from the open deck above the Lidopool. A large crowd had gathered to watch this. After a fairly long time it appeared again and flew with a gentle arc over the aft deck back to the coast.

Oh my, our hopes that the crew member recovers.

I have seen this happen in the Caribbean in the first hours after we left Fr. Lauderdale.

Helicopter dissapears behind superstructure.

Westland Sea King SAR helo from the Royal Norwegian Air Force's 330 squadron. Like their SAR counterparts all over the world, putting their lives on the line to safe others! RTDM's crew member had an Appendicitis

Royal%20Norwegian%20Air%20Force%20Sea%20King_zpscaiaoidw.jpg

These are very, very risky maneuvers for all involved. We see them on TV and in the news and we are always interested but expecting that perfection is normal. So many mishaps do happen.... As a rural EMT for 13 years now, I've seen 4 or 5 helicopter accidents just in our region. And at sea! Oh my. I'm so glad it went well. Blessings to all involved, for recovery of the ill, and my deep appreciation for the flight crew's dedication. m--