Question about the "new" Oceanview cabins across from conference ctr on M-class ships

elena7seas

I would stay away from the adjoining cabins. The noise from our neighbors was so bad, the cabin attendant had to put masking tape around the door frame. The door did not fit flush and light beamed through the cracks into our cabin. Our neighbors were very loud slamming the door late at night. i.e. after midnight every night. After several complaints Celebrity did provide us with 300.00 obc for a future. We were on the Infinity.

Why can't cruise lines come up with a better door closer? There has to be a better way (like drawers that finish closing on their own) to get rid of the slam.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps this was answered already and I am just understanding...on Summit I see that 3116 and 3118 are connecting. Do they connect like typical hotel rooms with a door inside the cabin or is there an outside door that closes over the front of both front doors? If it is the front door option does that door stay closed the entire time if you ask? We are traveling with friends and would love it that is how it was so we could walk back and forth in jammies and such and not worry about being in the hall....:confused:

Perhaps this was answered already and I am just understanding...on Summit I see that 3116 and 3118 are connecting. Do they connect like typical hotel rooms with a door inside the cabin or is there an outside door that closes over the front of both front doors? If it is the front door option does that door stay closed the entire time if you ask? We are traveling with friends and would love it that is how it was so we could walk back and forth in jammies and such and not worry about being in the hall....:confused:

I was in 3118 on the Summit before. It would be like the typical hotel room w/ the door inside the cabin. Outside your door is the hallway but still to all the other cabins. I didn't really notice the connecting door or the any additional noise.

Great thank you. I am glad to hear that there are no noise issues..as I was worried with Rendevous being right above. Looking for next time we go with our friends...heard these rooms have a bigger window? Does it still have the window ledge? We were in 2170 and there was a ledge in front of the window where we could store bags or etc...does 3118 have the same thing?

Yes, the cabins connect by a door in the stateroom bulkhead between the two cabins, not outside like the S-Class ships.