Question about the "new" Oceanview cabins across from conference ctr on M-class ships

elena7seas

I currently have cabin 3116 booked on the Infinity, which is an adjoining cabin near the front of the block of "new" Oceanview cabins that were built in 2012 across from the Conference centre on deck 3.

There are a few non-adjoining cabins available at the back of the block of "new" cabins...from 3136 onward.

Can anyone tell me if the adjoining cabins in that block of "new" cabins have any noise issues? I would rather be further forward if noise isn't a factor, but if you can hear your neighbours in adjoining cabins, I would probably move to one of the non-adjoining cabins further back.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

I was in 3116 on the Summit and didn't have any problems with noise. Loved the location as it was easy to walk up the stairs to the Martini Bar, Cafe al Bacio or the MDR (or anything on deck 4 or 5. Also great when returning from days in port as I'd just take the stairs & not have to wait in line for the elevator

I've not sailed on the Infinity but have twice sailed in 3118 on the Millennium, a nearly identical layout to the Infinity. We had no noise issues whatsoever on either sailing, and the second time my parents were in 3116 so we used the adjoining feature but still had total privacy. They are fabulous rooms- the windows are amazing!

LOVED the new cabins on the Millennium...no noise, no one in your hall unless they live there, giant round window you can sit in, most people don't even know they are there, very convenient to everything....I would book again in a heart beat.

Enjoy.....

I have never stayed in those cabins, but am booked in 3140 on my upcoming Millennium cruise.

Having said that though, I have stayed in connecting rooms before and absolutely hated them. Maybe I just had loud neighbors, but I could hear everything through those doors. They may have changed the material used in the doors in these new cabins, but I personally wouldn't bank on it.

If given the option, I would personally book a non-connecting cabin further aft... And you'd still be near stairs/elevators, just a different set of them! :)

I have booked cabin 3138 on Infinity SA cruise in January. If you remember can you post your impressions of your cabin after your cruise since it is right next to mine. Like the ides of being able to sit in the windows!:D

I currently have cabin 3116 booked on the Infinity, which is an adjoining cabin near the front of the block of "new" Oceanview cabins that were built in 2012 across from the Conference centre on deck 3.

There are a few non-adjoining cabins available at the back of the block of "new" cabins...from 3136 onward.

Can anyone tell me if the adjoining cabins in that block of "new" cabins have any noise issues? I would rather be further forward if noise isn't a factor, but if you can hear your neighbours in adjoining cabins, I would probably move to one of the non-adjoining cabins further back.

Eileen,

Adjoining OV cabins in this area have the same noise issues as any other cabin. If your neighbors are "noisy", you will hear them more so than in a non-adjoining cabin. I have stayed in both 3138 and 3142 - both non-adjoining - and both great locations. I would highly recommend moving further aft.

I have booked cabin 3138 on Infinity SA cruise in January. If you remember can you post your impressions of your cabin after your cruise since it is right next to mine. Like the ides of being able to sit in the windows!:D

Maybe a small child could sit in the window, but I can't begin to imagine an adult sitting there! :eek:

Cabin%203142%20Constellation_zpsatrjjhcw.jpg

Eileen, I wasn't in one of those new cabins on 3, but I was in one of the new cabins on 11 that were constructed at the same time. It was not a connecting cabin. I had noisy neighbors and could hear them and their television. I would definitely recommend a non-connecting cabin.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beth:

Thanks so much for posting that great photo. The window sill is narrower than I thought it would be. On Solstice class ships, the Oceanview cabins have sills large enough for a small child to sit in. My granddaughter is eight and will definitely not be able to sit in that one. I think I'll reposition the chair for her so that she can look out the window. She loves to sit and watch the sea from the cabin.

She prefers an Oceanview cabin to a cabin with a veranda, and I prefer not to have a balcony when I am sailing with her. She's an extremely well-behaved child, and always does what I ask her to do, but still, you worry. Those new Oceanview cabins have such great windows. I am sure she will be thrilled at the size, and that the sill is so low.

Thanks everyone, for all your great information. I am looking forward to trying out one of these cabins. I will report back about the cabin when I return from our cruise.

Just a quick question looking at the pictures again... Is there no storage around the vanity?! Most ships on most cruise lines have cabinets on either side of the mirror with shelves in them that are perfect for makeup, lotions, jewelry, sunscreen, and other random things.

I have become so used to that storage space that now I'm wondering where I'm going to put all of that stuff! Any thoughts or suggestions? Would an over the door shoe hanger come in handy to store odds and ends? Is there anywhere to even hang it? This is my first cruise in years where I won't have my own room and now I'm worrying about storage space! ;)

Thanks!

We've been 3114 on Infinity and on Constellation. They are adjoining and we had no noise problems. Great location!

Stateroom 3114 is not a connecting cabin. We were in 3112 for our 3rd time on Summit. Great cabin.

Just a quick question looking at the pictures again... Is there no storage around the vanity?! Most ships on most cruise lines have cabinets on either side of the mirror with shelves in them that are perfect for makeup, lotions, jewelry, sunscreen, and other random things.

I have become so used to that storage space that now I'm wondering where I'm going to put all of that stuff! Any thoughts or suggestions? Would an over the door shoe hanger come in handy to store odds and ends? Is there anywhere to even hang it? This is my first cruise in years where I won't have my own room and now I'm worrying about storage space! ;)

Thanks!

There was storage on the sides of the desk. Not much space but enough that I was able to keep my makeup bag, hair dryer and other things used to get ready in the morning there.

There was storage on the sides of the desk. Not much space but enough that I was able to keep my makeup bag, hair dryer and other things used to get ready in the morning there.

Thanks for the info! Do you think it was enough space for 2 young ladies' belongings? I'm not the lightest of packers, and I don't think my friend is either. (It's amazing how many non-clothes items I end up needing!).

I've never done the over the door shoe hanger thing but this might be a good time to try it out for the loose items that aren't in a make-up bag or such (cream, sunscreen, bug spray, hair spray, mousse, etc). Any thoughts on where we could hang something like that? Are there decent hooks on the walls? Or would I be better off keeping all of those items in a larger bag (packing cube) stashed somewhere in the room?

Thanks!

There are hooks on the inside of the door to the bathroom. You can

hang things on them.:)

Thanks for the info! Do you think it was enough space for 2 young ladies' belongings? I'm not the lightest of packers, and I don't think my friend is either. (It's amazing how many non-clothes items I end up needing!).

I've never done the over the door shoe hanger thing but this might be a good time to try it out for the loose items that aren't in a make-up bag or such (cream, sunscreen, bug spray, hair spray, mousse, etc). Any thoughts on where we could hang something like that? Are there decent hooks on the walls? Or would I be better off keeping all of those items in a larger bag (packing cube) stashed somewhere in the room?

I would say it's not enough room for 2 ladies especially if you're not a light packer. You maybe able to put a small cube in the window sill since it's right by the vanity/desk. Like others said there are shelves and drawers in the closet which is right by the bathroom. Also hook on the bathroom door (I just used for towels) but I sailed solo so had plenty of room since I wasn't sharing and pack lightly.

I would say it's not enough room for 2 ladies especially if you're not a light packer. You maybe able to put a small cube in the window sill since it's right by the vanity/desk. Like others said there are shelves and drawers in the closet which is right by the bathroom. Also hook on the bathroom door (I just used for towels) but I sailed solo so had plenty of room since I wasn't sharing and pack lightly.

You will pretty much have the same storage room as any other Ocean View cabin. Also, the window sill is only around 6-8 inches deep, so I doubt you could put any cubes there.

You will pretty much have the same storage room as any other Ocean View cabin. Also, the window sill is only around 6-8 inches deep, so I doubt you could put any cubes there.

They do make smaller ones that I'm sure would fit. Especially if they were going to be using it for make-up and things that they would use the vanity for.

My husband George and I are booked in 3114!! I am not sure if this is the adjoining cabin to yours, but I can assure you that we are quiet. LOL

Barbara I.

Re: Storage

I really like packing cubes because they are stackable, so I find that I can make better use of the shelves in the desk cabinets.

I also bring a couple of collapsible 12" and 6 " cubes that you can get from Target, etc. I put the hairdryer, comb, brush and other hair things in one of them because I do my hair at the desk, and leave the bathroom to DH.

I have always found there was enough storage in Celebrity bathrooms. I don't use the shoe organisers on the inside of the bathroom door, because they bang when you are going in and out, and this is just me, but I find the look kind of messy and annoying. :) I always have enough storage because of the packing cubes.

The nightstands have 2 good-sized drawers.

Edited by elena7seas

My husband George and I are booked in 3114!! I am not sure if this is the adjoining cabin to yours, but I can assure you that we are quiet. LOL

Barbara I.

Hi Barbara!

I didn't change cabins, so we are still your next-door neighbours! I will be with my 8 year old grand-daughter, and she is very quiet and well-behaved. I hope you will find that we are good neighbours! I look forward to meeting you and George at sail-away.

Eileen

Hi Barbara!

I didn't change cabins, so we are still your next-door neighbours! I will be with my 8 year old grand-daughter, and she is very quiet and well-behaved. I hope you will find that we are good neighbours! I look forward to meeting you and George at sail-away.

Eileen

Eileen,

Looking forward to meeting you and your grand-daughter as well! Do you have any idea when the Connections Party will be? The last one we went to was right before sail-away (but then we didn't sail off til the next day because of some problem and we missed the first port - Sicily).

Barbara

Thanks everyone for your advice and descriptions! If I do the shoe-hanger, I'd definitely want it outside of the bathroom since I do my hair and everything in the room itself. Does anyone recall any hooks on the walls anywhere? Royal Caribbean tends to have some near the bathroom but on the outside (with room service menus hanging and such). I do think the cluttered look might annoy me as well though!

Those mirrored cabinets in the vanity need to be standard on all ships! Haha! I have become so used to using them and organizing my stuff accordingly that I'm going to feel lost without them!