Question about the "new" Oceanview cabins across from conference ctr on M-class ships

elena7seas

can you take a picture of 3111 when you sail as we are in that one in October...we are aware it is NOT one of the newer ones...

Marsha

We are in 3111 right now, and it is a standard ocean view, like you see in the brochure pics. Lovely location, beginning of corridor, just a small lobby away from guest relations close to quiet sitting area and the glass elevators. Loud music dance party in the lobby last night had us worried about noise. No problem: they closed the glass doors so no issue. I believe the music ended at about 11, but don't know as we couldn't hear it anyway. Would book this room

again!

We are now on the 5/20/2016 Southbound sailing on the Millennium and we have cabin 3114. There IS noise in this cabin. It sounds like a diesel trunk is idling 10 yards away outside the window. Not a very loud noise, but it is there. The sound is there 24x7, even in port. This is very strange, because we sailed northbound the week prior in cabin 3116 next door, and it was so quiet - a fantastic cabin. Cabin 3114 is directly in front of the entry to the hallway were these cabins are located. Opposite the hallway entry is a decorative wall in the main hallway that you can hear large machinery behind if you listen closely. Apparently this effects only cabin 3114, as our neighbors in 3112 hear nothing, and we heard nothing while in 3116 the prior week. We did advise the ship's staff, though I suspect this is simply the nature of this room. So, we basically ignore the noise and are our best to enjoy our vacation, but if you are noise sensitive then this may not be the best cabin for you.

Has anyone been in 3114 on constellation lately? I have that cabin booked in October but could switch to 3136 or 3140 if need be. Wonder if it is noisy like the Millie? Thanks for any info.

We were in 3138 on Infinity and loved the cabin except for a constant engine noise. The picture window and location are brilliant. We never heard the lifts at all and they weren't busy which made it easy to access all areas from this location. We found the storage just enough but my husband travels light. If I remember correctly the bathroom storage was lacking a bit.

Has anyone been in 3114 on constellation lately? I have that cabin booked in October but could switch to 3136 or 3140 if need be. Wonder if it is noisy like the Millie? Thanks for any info.

Both 3114 and 3140 are directly ahead of you as you enter into that passageway, both fore and aft entrances, so as you open up your stateroom door exit or entering, people entering into that passageway can see directly into your stateroom. 3114 is in a quiet area, but if you were to switch, I would choose 3136 over 3140.

Going to follow this discussion closely...we are booked for xmas in 3114 on Summit.

Would like to get confirmation if others experience the "engine noise" on different sailings and specifically on the Summit!

We were in 3112 on Summit twice - no engine noise. My brother stayed in 3114 and had no complaints.

Both 3114 and 3140 are directly ahead of you as you enter into that passageway, both fore and aft entrances, so as you open up your stateroom door exit or entering, people entering into that passageway can see directly into your stateroom. 3114 is in a quiet area, but if you were to switch, I would choose 3136 over 3140.

Thanks Wine-O. I will probably just keep 3114 due to its location closer to reception. If I don't like it, I will just change to a different cabin if I choose that location in the future. (I do have 3112 booked on a future B2B). Right now there is a very good chance of upgrade after final payment on 3114 anyway because that cabin is on the Holy Land cruise and there are still many vacant verandas.

We have 3142 booked but waitlisted 3140. Now I am wondering if I shoukd drop the waitlist or waitlist another cabin...

Don't count on waitlist working like you would think a typical waitlist works. For example, if you waitlist for 3140, and that cabin becomes available, one would think that you would automatically be moved into that stateroom because you are on the waitlist.

That doesn't happen. 3140 will be returned to the normal inventory, and anybody can grab it.

Thanks for info. I can check periodically. Is there a more desirable cabin than 3142?

3142 is not a bad cabin at all. It's behind a closed door with 3144. The two cabins were designed for a family. So, you have to go thru a closed door to reach the two staterooms. I asked the stateroom attendant to put a door stop so I didn't have to go thru the aggravation of going thru two doors with my seapass (we were in 3144), but he just duct taped the latch so I just had to pull or push it to open.

There are two attendant closets across from those two staterooms. A storage closet across from 3142, and a deep sink closet across from 3144. We never heard anything at any time when the attendants were in that area, but if you have a "shock" feeling leaving your stateroom and seeing their attendant cart or someone in that storage closet, you might want to move. It never bothered us.

Going to follow this discussion closely...we are booked for xmas in 3114 on Summit.

Would like to get confirmation if others experience the "engine noise" on different sailings and specifically on the Summit!

I had cabin 3114 and it was very quiet...no engine noise, no noise that

I can recall at all. I would book this cabin again.

Edited by Lois R

We had cabin 3114 on the Summit last year and have 3112 on Millie in Alaska in July. The large windows are not new, but left over from the conference room conversion. That is why we booked them. Great location, quiet, convenient and easy to find.

Alan

3114 on the Summit is great and very quiet. But too many people know about these cabins now. When movies were shown in the room nearby in past years you could not hear anything. Unfortunately this May they did not use it for movies even when bad weather cancelled the outside showings.

• 2 months later...
We were in 3138 on Infinity and loved the cabin except for a constant engine noise. The picture window and location are brilliant. We never heard the lifts at all and they weren't busy which made it easy to access all areas from this location. We found the storage just enough but my husband travels light. If I remember correctly the bathroom storage was lacking a bit.

We have 3138 booked for Sept. sailing. Does the shower have a glass door? We've always sailed in a balcony cabin but booked this because the price was very reasonable. Our last 3 cruises have been in Aqua. How is the MDR on Infinity?

We've only sailed Aqua on M class...what is standard like? Small?

I have no idea what the sq footage of the shower is and I have not been

in AQUA on an M class ship is either (been in Aqua on S class) but when

you ask "small"? I have room in the shower without any issues. But yes,

I guess you could consider them small......but like I said, I have always

had room without any problems.

The standard shower in all "regular cabins" on the M class ships have

always had curtains.

We've only sailed Aqua on M class...what is standard like? Small?

The "standard" shower on M class is the same size as the shower in Aqua Class on M class ships. The regular shower has a shower curtain and does not have the hydro panel that Aqua does. The showers on M class are actually larger than those on S class.

I would stay away from the adjoining cabins. The noise from our neighbors was so bad, the cabin attendant had to put masking tape around the door frame. The door did not fit flush and light beamed through the cracks into our cabin. Our neighbors were very loud slamming the door late at night. i.e. after midnight every night. After several complaints Celebrity did provide us with 300.00 obc for a future. We were on the Infinity.

I would stay away from the adjoining cabins. The noise from our neighbors was so bad, the cabin attendant had to put masking tape around the door frame. The door did not fit flush and light beamed through the cracks into our cabin. Our neighbors were very loud slamming the door late at night. i.e. after midnight every night. After several complaints Celebrity did provide us with 300.00 obc for a future. We were on the Infinity.

Yikes. 😱 We were originally booked in 3120...when I saw 3138 was open, I switched cabins.