Question about the "new" Oceanview cabins across from conference ctr on M-class ships

elena7seas

My husband George and I are booked in 3114!! I am not sure if this is the adjoining cabin to yours, but I can assure you that we are quiet. LOL

Barbara I.

Stateroom 3114 is not a connecting stateroom. If you look at the deck plans, I believe 3116 and 3118 are.

As far as putting something on the window shelf, maybe a curling iron, but I wouldn't expect much more.

• 1 month later...

First of all...

Gimletgal, thank you so much for posting the wonderful photo. I prefer balcony cabins but for the price difference, would definitely be happy with this.

Second...

In looking at the Deck 3 deck plan on Constellation, do ALL cabins across from the Conference Center(cabins 3112-3144) have the big new windows or only a few?

Thanks!

Edited by cadburysmom

In looking at the Deck 3 deck plan on Constellation, do ALL cabins across from the Conference Center(cabins 3112-3144) have the big new windows or only a few?

Thanks!

Yes, all those cabins you listed have the big windows.

Hi,

The stateroom that were added to Deck 3 are excellent. In December 2013, I was booked in 3112 on the Celebrity Constellation. The location is perfect and I enjoyed the large window. Also, it is nice having a stateroom that is newer. Because I liked this stateroom so much, I booked 3112 for my cruise on the Celebrity Summit for February 2016.

Chuck

Hi,

The stateroom that were added to Deck 3 are excellent. In December 2013, I was booked in 3112 on the Celebrity Constellation. The location is perfect and I enjoyed the large window. Also, it is nice having a stateroom that is newer. Because I liked this stateroom so much, I booked 3112 for my cruise on the Celebrity Summit for February 2016.

Chuck

We've been in that stateroom 3 times -- It's the best!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back and wanted to thank everyone for the info!

We were in 3140 and LOVED the room! It was so fresh and new looking! The window was fantastic especially for an Alaskan itinerary! The bed was by the door for anyone wondering - I don't think those rooms alternate. There was plenty of space to walk around the bed, etc. The only odd thing was that we had our beds "separated" which literally meant against one another with separate bedding. There are some light switches on the wall by the washroom and if the beds were truly apart, it would run into the light switches. It was almost better having them together since it gave us so much more floor space around the beds.

Our room was right in front of the aft elevator lobby but we never heard any noise from there - those elevators are rarely used. The washroom down the hall midship was also always empty and very convenient.

Overall I loved the room and would definitely book in that hallway again!!!

Stateroom 3114 is not a connecting stateroom. If you look at the deck plans, I believe 3116 and 3118 are.

As far as putting something on the window shelf, maybe a curling iron, but I wouldn't expect much more.

Stateroom 3114 is not a connecting cabin as Wine-O said. Stayed in 3114 for a Baltic cruise on the Connie. If you don't want/need a balcony, these cabins with the huge window are in a great location on the ship!:)

We peeked into cabin 3112 and this cabin has a slightly different configuration of the closet/bathroom area as it is the first cabin in the block. Other than that all the cabins in that area look the same.

Edited by ecslady

Just got back and wanted to thank everyone for the info!

We were in 3140 and LOVED the room! It was so fresh and new looking! The window was fantastic especially for an Alaskan itinerary! The bed was by the door for anyone wondering - I don't think those rooms alternate. There was plenty of space to walk around the bed, etc. The only odd thing was that we had our beds "separated" which literally meant against one another with separate bedding. There are some light switches on the wall by the washroom and if the beds were truly apart, it would run into the light switches. It was almost better having them together since it gave us so much more floor space around the beds.

Our room was right in front of the aft elevator lobby but we never heard any noise from there - those elevators are rarely used. The washroom down the hall midship was also always empty and very convenient.

Overall I loved the room and would definitely book in that hallway again!!!

So glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the wonderful info!

I'll be in 3142 and wondered how much noise we'd get being so near to the elevator. Good to know it's not a problem. I'm used to balconies and was worried I'd miss having a great view but sounds like that won't be a problem either.

Thanks again!

Edited by cadburysmom

We had 3112 on the Constellation in the Baltics last year. We'd always booked a balcony but wanted to try the new oceanviews. We weren't disappointed. The window is huge, the corridor is off the beaten track and quiet, and the location on the ship is convenient. Would book anywhere along the corridor again in a heartbeat. Although the configuration of 3112, the first cabin in the corridor, is different in that the door to the cabin is perpendicular to the corridor, the little bit of extra cabin space isn't really very useful except to hang coat etc. on the hooks provided and/or to stack stuff there, which we didn't want to do. Enjoy!

Bon voyage

Betsy

I'll be in 3142 and wondered how much noise we'd get being so near to the elevator. Good to know it's not a problem. I'm used to balconies and was worried I'd miss having a great view but sounds like that won't be a problem either.

Thanks again!

I haven't seen the inside, but 3142 has a double-entry to get in. There's one door to 3142 and 3144, and then I presume you need to use your key again from that mini-hallway to get into 3142. I imagine that will cut down on any noise as well, although even with my single door, we didn't hear anything! It was probably the quietest room I've ever stayed in!

Enjoy your huge window! You'll love it! :)

Thanks again!

I was in 3142 on a b2b on the Connie. Yes, you need to open the outer door and then your cabin door but it is a great location and absolutely no noise from the hall or elevator. The cabin attendant's closet is right across the hall, but they were very quiet and I never heard them. If you are fortunate enough to have Diana for your attendant - she is wonderful! Enjoy!

I was in 3142 on a b2b on the Connie. Yes, you need to open the outer door and then your cabin door but it is a great location and absolutely no noise from the hall or elevator. The cabin attendant's closet is right across the hall, but they were very quiet and I never heard them. If you are fortunate enough to have Diana for your attendant - she is wonderful! Enjoy!

Last 2 times we cruised on Summit, they put a door stop to hold that outer door open permanently. You won't hear any noise back there with the elevators that are mostly used by the guests in that cabin area.

Thanks! I wondered what that extra space was and glad to know the cabin attendant was quiet.

It also looks like there is a gentlemen's restroom directly above on Deck 4 and I wondered if you could hear any noise from that but since you didn't mention it, I'm guessing(mostly hoping) it's not a problem.

Last 2 times we cruised on Summit, they put a door stop to hold that outer door open permanently. You won't hear any noise back there with the elevators that are mostly used by the guests in that cabin area.

Great to know. I was a bit worried about that door.

Edited by cadburysmom

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I currently have cabin 3116 booked on the Infinity, which is an adjoining cabin near the front of the block of "new" Oceanview cabins that were built in 2012 across from the Conference centre on deck 3.

There are a few non-adjoining cabins available at the back of the block of "new" cabins...from 3136 onward.

Can anyone tell me if the adjoining cabins in that block of "new" cabins have any noise issues? I would rather be further forward if noise isn't a factor, but if you can hear your neighbours in adjoining cabins, I would probably move to one of the non-adjoining cabins further back.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

We are now on the 5/20/2016 Southbound sailing on the Millennium and we have cabin 3114. There IS noise in this cabin. It sounds like a diesel trunk is idling 10 yards away outside the window. Not a very loud noise, but it is there. The sound is there 24x7, even in port. This is very strange, because we sailed northbound the week prior in cabin 3116 next door, and it was so quiet - a fantastic cabin. Cabin 3114 is directly in front of the entry to the hallway were these cabins are located. Opposite the hallway entry is a decorative wall in the main hallway that you can hear large machinery behind if you listen closely. Apparently this effects only cabin 3114, as our neighbors in 3112 hear nothing, and we heard nothing while in 3116 the prior week. We did advise the ship's staff, though I suspect this is simply the nature of this room. So, we basically ignore the noise and are our best to enjoy our vacation, but if you are noise sensitive then this may not be the best cabin for you.

Edited by FunInTheSun9

In theory, these rooms seem isolated and quiet, but we just sailed on Infinity and I found myself using this corridor quite a few times. They have started playing movies in the Gamma conference room on deck 3 simultaneously with the same movie shown outside on the new outdoor screen on deck 12. There was a sign at the doorway that blocks off this corridor instructing people to walk through to the end and hang a right to find the Gamma room. Plus, we had an aft cabin and any time we wanted to head to guest services we walked the same corridor from back to front. It really seemed quite busy. I'm wondering how much noise is heard by those in 3112-3140 since the movies have started showing there.