Princess Customer Service

Working 2 Cruise

Has been spectacularly bad since Friday! My fantastic TA has tried on Friday and today to reach someone and has been put on indefinite hold... Can't get to anyone! :mad:

Here's the problem...

I had booked, paid a deposit then I and paid for the August 30, 2015 cruise in full, including airfare and prepaid the tips. Last week, I received a smoking deal on the June 27 cruise. My TA cancelled the August cruise and booked the June 27 cruise, which is now paid in full. Friday, I contacted Princess for the airfare on the new booking.

The long and short of it is the rep forgot to credit me with the deposit when processing the refund... :mad: Yikes! Not happy. I'm not even sure Princess has begun the refund process...

I'm sure that eventually everything is going to get resolved, but... keeping TAs on hold for hours isn't good!

Another question, we have been assigned P336 on the Crown which appears to be really close to the Piazza. It looks like it could be really noisy? My TA, however, thinks she can get me moved...

Thanks for letting me vent!

Has been spectacularly bad since Friday! My fantastic TA has tried on Friday and today to reach someone and has been put on indefinite hold... Can't get to anyone! :mad:

Here's the problem...

I had booked, paid a deposit then I and paid for the August 30, 2015 cruise in full, including airfare and prepaid the tips. Last week, I received a smoking deal on the June 27 cruise. My TA cancelled the August cruise and booked the June 27 cruise, which is now paid in full. Friday, I contacted Princess for the airfare on the new booking.

The long and short of it is the rep forgot to credit me with the deposit when processing the refund... :mad: Yikes! Not happy. I'm not even sure Princess has begun the refund process...

I'm sure that eventually everything is going to get resolved, but... keeping TAs on hold for hours isn't good!

Another question, we have been assigned P336 on the Crown which appears to be really close to the Piazza. It looks like it could be really noisy? My TA, however, thinks she can get me moved...

Thanks for letting me vent!

Are you telling us that you are suprised that on one of the biggest holiday weekends of the year - when nearly everyone in America is not working - that Princess is not forcing their office staff to work over the weekend?

Edited by BruceMuzz

If I can't have a balcony, the Plaza Deck is my favorite deck to be on. I never heard anything inside my cabin. Just see if you can be moved down a few doors if you think it might bother you. I love being able to go out to the IC for coffee first thing in the morning. Just put a cover over my pj's and off I go! :p:p

If I can't have a balcony, the Plaza Deck is my favorite deck to be on. I never heard anything inside my cabin. Just see if you can be moved down a few doors if you think it might bother you. I love being able to go out to the IC for coffee first thing in the morning. Just put a cover over my pj's and off I go! :p:p

Thanks, I lik that deck! Just not that particular cabin. It's right next to the IC! Trying to get moved but my TA can't get a hold of Princess!

Thanks, I lik that deck! Just not that particular cabin. It's right next to the IC! Trying to get moved but my TA can't get a hold of Princess!

I just tried a mock booking for your cruise, to see if there is any availability showing. The P300s are all showing guarantee only, but hopefully your TA can get you moved to a suitable location.

I just tried a mock booking for your cruise, to see if there is any availability showing. The P300s are all showing guarantee only, but hopefully your TA can get you moved to a suitable location.

There are cabins available in the 200s... I'd happily take that!

There are cabins available in the 200s... I'd happily take that!

Good catch--I didn't check that far forward. I'm a light sleeper, so the AM anchor-drop would make the P200s a no-go for me, but the OP might prefer it to the more constant IC noise. As Colo Cruiser mentioned, some of the 200s get narrow, and have beds that can't be reconfigured, IIRC.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

That's true! However, I shouldn't complain too much since I had originally booked an OV obstructed guarantee!

We moved from an obstructed OV on the Ruby last year to an unobstructed forward on the Plaza deck, cabin P205. Worst move we ever made. The cabin was narrow and had room for only one nightstand, and the window was recessed into the hull of the ship so the view was actually worse than the obstructed we gave up. Also there is a vertical support bar that runs through the middle of the window. They were the same price so we thought the unobstructed was a better value. I liked being on Plaza deck but that was the only thing I liked.

We pointed out to Princess that their cabin diagrams are wrong (they show 2 nightstands for those forward cabins) and they just pointed to the fine print that says that the actual cabin may be different than what is depicted on the website. We would absolutely not choose this location again unless the price was exceptionally good.

We moved from an obstructed OV on the Ruby last year to an unobstructed forward on the Plaza deck, cabin P205. Worst move we ever made. The cabin was narrow and had room for only one nightstand, and the window was recessed into the hull of the ship so the view was actually worse than the obstructed we gave up. Also there is a vertical support bar that runs through the middle of the window. They were the same price so we thought the unobstructed was a better value. I liked being on Plaza deck but that was the only thing I liked.

We pointed out to Princess that their cabin diagrams are wrong (they show 2 nightstands for those forward cabins) and they just pointed to the fine print that says that the actual cabin may be different than what is depicted on the website. We would absolutely not choose this location again unless the price was exceptionally good.

We moved to that same cabin a few years back and agree 100%%!! Would never do that again!! Hated it!!!

We were in this room on the Emerald Princess in 2012. I think it is the same on the Crown as they seem to have the same deck plans. Our wall shared the wall with the International Cafe. I was very worried about noise also, but we really didn't have much of a problem. They did close a big door that was there late at night.

I brought a small fan for white noise just in case. Now, I have a better way for white noise, I use my Ipad and a white noise app. of a fan. It works wonderfully. Still, it wasn't that bad.

The thing that was a bit bothersome in our opinion was that the room was a quad and had the beds that fold up on the wall. We had to always be careful not to bump our shoulders on it.

It was wonderful to be so close to the International Cafe!

Here is a photo of the room to show the beds.

IMG_1262.jpg

We were in this room on the Emerald Princess in 2012. I think it is the same on the Crown as they seem to have the same deck plans. Our wall shared the wall with the International Cafe. I was very worried about noise also, but we really didn't have much of a problem. They did close a big door that was there late at night.

I brought a small fan for white noise just in case. Now, I have a better way for white noise, I use my Ipad and a white noise app. of a fan. It works wonderfully. Still, it wasn't that bad.

The thing that was a bit bothersome in our opinion was that the room was a quad and had the beds that fold up on the wall. We had to always be careful not to bump our shoulders on it.

It was wonderful to be so close to the International Cafe!

Here is a photo of the room to show the beds.

IMG_1262.jpg

I agree about the beds, that's a bigger issue for me, you have to be a contortionist when the bed is together. :(

We had one on the Emerald and we ended up changing rooms.

Are you telling us that you are suprised that on one of the biggest holiday weekends of the year - when nearly everyone in America is not working - that Princess is not forcing their office staff to work over the weekend?

I'm mostly surprised that it is people in the US answering the phone.