Horseshoe Bay shuttle?

LadyBerard

We just did this walk a few weeks ago and it was awesome. We went from Warwick (using the #7 bus) and walked to Horseshoe (while stopping along the way). We wanted to end up at Horseshoe because they have facilities, food and easy to catch either the bus or taxi back to the ship.

You can find my full review ON THIS PAGE, which has pictures of us walking from start to finish. :)

Thanks for the info...is the path well defined and obvious which way to go? What kind of ants were biting you...red?

Mitsugirly...one more question. .if our swim suits are dry and I wear a tank and shorts over my suit and DH would wear a tank as well is it required to change out of the swimwear as we would just be heading back to the ship to get ready for dinner? Trying to reduce the amount of stuff we bring off the ship. ..

Mitsugirly...one more question. .if our swim suits are dry and I wear a tank and shorts over my suit and DH would wear a tank as well is it required to change out of the swimwear as we would just be heading back to the ship to get ready for dinner? Trying to reduce the amount of stuff we bring off the ship. ..

As long as your bathing suits are covered up it's not a problem. They do want you to be dry and not sitting in the seats (if you are lucky enough to get a seat) since locals do have to also ride the bus system to/from work and I'm sure they don't want to sit in a wet seat. So I always get everyone out early so they'll start drying and then put our shorts/tops over them once they are dry. :)

Great thank you we will make sure the same and if there is any question of we aren't dry enough we would stand and leave the seats for the locals since it is their home and we are just visiting.

Despite the ants would you do the walk from Warrick to Horseshoe again? If you kept moving did they leave you alone?

Great thank you we will make sure the same and if there is any question of we aren't dry enough we would stand and leave the seats for the locals since it is their home and we are just visiting.

Despite the ants would you do the walk from Warrick to Horseshoe again? If you kept moving did they leave you alone?

You can also change at Horseshoe where there are changing rooms. I carry a pair of underwear in my bag in case my fast drying bathing suit does not dry fast enough.

As far as the ants Kim encountered it may be a seasonal thing. I have never had an ant problem at any of the South Shore beaches. When I did the complete walk or when I have done partial walks, no ants.

I would not be to OCD about any of this stuff. That said it is Warwick not Warrick. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charles thanks...Yeah I knew it was Warwick...darn phone keeps changing it when I was type...auto correct..ugh!

I ask about the ants only because I have been bitten by red ants and had a severe reaction...not a way I want to spend a lovely vacay. I am a bit of a planner and like to know options as we have seen to many couples standing on the dock trying to figure out what to do, where to go etc. Luckily we have not had that yet in large do to my research and having options if our first idea turns out to be not so good once we get there or weather changes the plans for us.

Charles thanks...Yeah I knew it was Warwick...darn phone keeps changing it when I was type...auto correct..ugh!

I ask about the ants only because I have been bitten by red ants and had a severe reaction...not a way I want to spend a lovely vacay. I am a bit of a planner and like to know options as we have seen to many couples standing on the dock trying to figure out what to do, where to go etc. Luckily we have not had that yet in large do to my research and having options if our first idea turns out to be not so good once we get there or weather changes the plans for us.

The ants likely were there in hordes because it was right after a hurricane. Their nests probably got damaged. Hurricanes so to speak, cause disturbances in the force....

I have been to Bermuda about 12 or so times and I don't recall seeing many ants, so don't even know what kind they have there.

Edited by Charles4515

The ants likely were there in hordes because it was right after a hurricane. Their nests probably got damaged. Hurricanes so to speak, cause disturbances in the force....

I have been to Bermuda about 12 or so times and I don't recall seeing many ants, so don't even know what kind they have there.

Ok that is good to know it may have been a one off event. We are real excited about our plans we have so far for the 3 days we are there and cant wait til next August...it cant come soon enough!:D

Ok that is good to know it may have been a one off event. We are real excited about our plans we have so far for the 3 days we are there and cant wait til next August...it cant come soon enough!:D

The nice thing about it being so far out is that you can read what gets posted here and adjust your plans a few times. You want to read this board in next May and June when the first cruisers of the Bermuda cruise season are posting their experiences because even though to many it seems that Bermuda changes very slowly, there have been changes over the years.

The nice thing about it being so far out is that you can read what gets posted here and adjust your plans a few times. You want to read this board in next May and June when the first cruisers of the Bermuda cruise season are posting their experiences because even though to many it seems that Bermuda changes very slowly, there have been changes over the years.

Oh I certainly will. I wonder if anyone on Summit will do a live from of sorts like others on princess do. As DH is wondering when the formals are since he also hates to be rushed and would for sure want to make sure we were on board for those. That is our only time to really dress up. I told him I figured it would be one of the 2 sea days to Bermuda and then probably the day we sail out.

Oh I certainly will. I wonder if anyone on Summit will do a live from of sorts like others on princess do. As DH is wondering when the formals are since he also hates to be rushed and would for sure want to make sure we were on board for those. That is our only time to really dress up. I told him I figured it would be one of the 2 sea days to Bermuda and then probably the day we sail out.

There are no formal nights anymore on Celebrity. That was announced today. I got an email this morning because I have a cruise December 13 that Formal Nights have been replaced with Evening Chic effective December 4. No jackets or ties required. The Evening Chic nights on Summit will likely be on Monday and Friday since that is when they had the formal nights.

Edited by Charles4515

There are no formal nights anymore on Celebrity. That was announced today. I got an email this morning because I have a cruise December 13 that Formal Nights have been replaced with Evening Chic effective December 4. No jackets or ties required. The Evening Chic nights on Summit will likely be on Monday and Friday since that is when they had the formal nights.

Hmmm will have to see if I got one. So what does that mean you essentially where the same thing you would on the other nights..casual nights (as princess calls them). I will for sure have to tune in to see what people are saying is being worn on those nights then. Could save me some packing as I always have our formals in their own garment bag separate from the casual clothes, shoes and toiletry bags that can cause messes.

Hmmm will have to see if I got one. So what does that mean you essentially where the same thing you would on the other nights..casual nights (as princess calls them). I will for sure have to tune in to see what people are saying is being worn on those nights then. Could save me some packing as I always have our formals in their own garment bag separate from the casual clothes, shoes and toiletry bags that can cause messes.

They describe Evening Chic as being dressier than Smart Casual and less dressy than formal attire. The picture shows a men in a button shirts and slacks. Women usually already dress chic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Kool thanks DH normally wears Hawaiian shirts on smart casual nights and dark suit with matching shirt to my dress for formal with a tie...we may still dress up since we don't get to do it very often...or since all my dresses could go for both i can see if he just wants to do a normal button shirt and slacks. ..oh no more decisions. ..lol

Thanks for the info...is the path well defined and obvious which way to go? What kind of ants were biting you...red?

For the most part. We were a little confused here and there as to whether or not we were going the right way, but seen others passing by every so often reassured us. However, you have the ocean to the left of you, so you can't go too wrong. :p

Yes, they were a reddish color.

Yes, absolutely we would do it again. I will just make sure I always have my shoes on. It could have just been when we were there and maybe due to the hurricane (it being wet) that they were out. I'm not sure. But when we would stop for a moment, they would be all over our feet and legs. We'd start walking but there was always those few stragglers that managed to hang on and crawl up our legs. Eventually we'd get them off. :p

Sounds great. ..we will have our water shoes on so hopefully that will help and will look for any before we decide on stopping for those photo ops. We are excited and can't wait for august. We took a risk on a 2 trails before one in a mountain in Alaska and another when doing the cliff walk on Neport RI and both turned out great! !

• 2 months later...